What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When to transplant for outdoors?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hey guys, I wanted to start some plants in doors then move them outside to finish. Did anybody have any recommendations on the timing on this? I was probably thinking start in June, move them outside in July, maybe harvest in September? Looking at a daylight schedule I might need to push that back to July, August, and October though? I have nfc on the outdoor side, only had controlled indoor grows.

Skunky McNugget

Hey guys, I wanted to start some plants in doors then move them outside to finish. Did anybody have any recommendations on the timing on this? I was probably thinking start in June, move them outside in July, maybe harvest in September? Looking at a daylight schedule I might need to push that back to July, August, and October though? I have nfc on the outdoor side, only had controlled indoor grows.
from veg I put mine out June 1st

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
In Grassachusetts, you will do better to start seeds indoors around middle to end of April,
transplant up to #2 pots when they're ready, and put them outside in the biggest holes you can give them during 1st week of June..

This maximizes your veg period, and you can harvest large plants between mid-Sept through mid-Oct...

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That's why I was asking in the massachusetts sub forum Trout :) I figured these guys have real world experience.

M

metsäkana

:D you gonna have that profile pic face digging holes and carrying shit around :Dd

zeke99

No need to wait until the first week of June. Talk to your neighbors that have been planting gardens for generations. In Massachusetts, we plant our vegetable gardens on Memorial Day weekend.

redlaser

Veteran
Average last frost date in Mass. is 4/7-4/24, so two weeks after that would be fairly safe. Check usda map for your average date. And be prepared to protect them if pushing that frost date.
Might need to add supp light to prevent flowering at that time, in fact I would plan on adding that if the plants are to be harvested in the fall.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
No need to wait until the first week of June. Talk to your neighbors that have been planting gardens for generations. In Massachusetts, we plant our vegetable gardens on Memorial Day weekend.
My neighbors all moved away when they found out I grow weed. Just kidding, but it's nobody who would know anyway, that's why I asked here on the massachusetts subforum, my digital neighborhood. And memorial day weekend is about a week before, if they are ready by then I will look at getting them out by then.
Average last frost date in Mass. is 4/7-4/24, so two weeks after that would be fairly safe. Check usda map for your average date. And be prepared to protect them if pushing that frost date.
Might need to add supp light to prevent flowering at that time, in fact I would plan on adding that if the plants are to be harvested in the fall.
4/29 is the last guaranteed frost for my area but I have a chance of frost till 5/27. I can't do supplemental light this year on any outdoors, so putting out that early would just cause me more trouble than it's worth I think.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Too, choosing quick harvest plant (indica or hybrid) makes a difference, too. Autos an option during mid-late July.

immaculate77

It matters if they are seeds or clones and if clones they're lighting schedule. In general clones put out before the first week of June will get confused and want to start to flower and you'll lose 2 or 3 weeks of growth. New plants from seed won't have that issue and can go out mid May depending on weather. Good luck

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It matters if they are seeds or clones and if clones they're lighting schedule. In general clones put out before the first week of June will get confused and want to start to flower and you'll lose 2 or 3 weeks of growth. New plants from seed won't have that issue and can go out mid May depending on weather. Good luck
Yeah matching the light schedule is gonna be the hardest part I think for moving the clones outside. I might invest in a tiny second tent for that part, but probably not till I feel I can make it worth it.

M

metsäkana

what clones now you choosing regulars? lol why you are even thinking autos if you can do regulars lol

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
it can be general look for the weather when nights temperature constantly over 10 celsius degree, you can move outside the plants,
and another good trick with clones you can put them out from under 20/4 after jul 21, at least here daylight start to decrease than. and they start flowering almost instantly

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
it can be general look for the weather when nights temperature constantly over 10 celsius degree, you can move outside the plants,
and another good trick with clones you can put them out from under 20/4 after jul 21, at least here daylight start to decrease than. and they start flowering almost instantly
I definitely want to try that 20/4 and putting them out into flower, but I'll save that for next time.

Latest posts

Latest posts