What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EC, PPM, PPT, MS?!?! help a brother in need.

hello!
i was mixing some soil today according to a recipie i found on the internet. i then did a slurry test using this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB5HLqmJzVs

the results i got was following:
ph 6.2
MS 1.65

is this acceptable values for the soil?
im using an ADWA 32 http://www.adwainstruments.com/pock...ec-tds-temp-pocket-testers-high-range/85-ad32

i double checked the readings and they are on point. freshly calibrated meter.

is their any chart on a MS to PPM conversion? im confused on this peoint. because it seems to be different conversion chart depending on what meter-brand you are using (wtf?)

sry for these noob questions. just recently started to grow more seriously. thanks :tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is not an accurate way to measure soil. With soil, you need a professional soil test and then you need to know how to interpret that data into practical information that translates to soil amendments.

I didn't click your links to understand why you did what you did, however, IF you post your soil mix and nutrient recipe, there are many of us who can help you from there.

For most of us organic soil guys, the plant itself, has been our ppm/ec/pH meter for decades. We watched the plant and took notes and adjust our soil mix accordingly every single time until it is just right.

Then we posted those recipes on the internet for free. For anyone to use to grow amazing medicine their very first time.

I suggest you follow any of such a recipe. There are literally DOZENS with many successful results.

Blazeoneup mix ---modified to PureKnowledge mix --- modified to TonyGreen mix.

Blazeoneup mix ---modified to Phillthy mix --- modified to Stank Bros Basic.

Burnone Organics For Beginners --- LCs mixes --- modified into countless others.

Cornell Mix --- modified to Cootz Mix --- modified to ROLS mix

Cornell Mix ---modified to Cootz Mix ---modified to Build -a- Soil mix

modified Cootz mix + modified NSPB mix --- KIS mix

This barely scratches the surface. But I'd look over this short list and pick one and then dive off the deep end and stick with it.

dank.Frank