What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutrients dosage

A. Jones

Could please someone clear this out for me. I have successfully used rainwater with EC 0,01,my EC after adding nutes was around 1,2.
During wintertime i can only use tapwater which has EC around 0,6.
Now if i used the high EC tapwater with same ammounts of nutrients i have used with the rainwater,could it cause overfertilization? Or just the high EC itself can cause issues,even if there is no more fertilizer than in the rainwater mix?

Hello,

in theory using that Tapwater could cause Saltstress, especially if its high in Sodium. But practically 0.6 EC Tap is still moderate hardiness. You should be fine using that. My Advice would be to just lower Amount of Nutrients by 0.2 EC, so you dont exceed 1.6. How much EC your Plants can handle or thrive on is based on alot of Factors, 1 EC Fertilizer is plenty for most Situations.

Call your Provider and ask for a Wateranalysis, if you want to be sure that your Tapwater is fine, this should be free of Charge.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
To be fair, you'll have to do one of three things. Set up a catch system for rainwater large enough to store water for winter. (Not my first choice) Have your winter water analyzed and have a nutrient formulation created to match it. (This takes quite a while and tap water changes from time to time, no telling when you'll have to re-formulate.)

My first choice? $200 for a reverse osmosis water filter and a storage container for the 'waste' water. (unless you need a bigger one...) Use the filtered water in your grow and use the 'waste' on your garden, lawn, car or whatever. Rinse the car with a bit of r/o to prevent hard water scale from forming after the wash. ;)

When cannabis has access to minerals/elements it's not using for growth, these are usually packed into new growth unused. These will not flush or fade out and will be there at harvest time.Save

Latest posts

Latest posts