What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Alternative to Neem oil and azadirachtin products

Smokeman69

Hey guys, this is my first post on here and I'm typing it from my phone so bear with me if there are typos. I am looking for alternative pesticides that do not include Neem oil and azadirachtin products. The reason being is that I have recently been diagnosed with cannabis hyperemesis syndrome. For those of you who don't know, it's a syndrome characterized by vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, fatigue, and the need to take hot showers for relief. The only known cure is to quit smoking. I have not been smoking for very long, about a year and a half now, however, I do smoke more than almost anyone I know. I have an unlimited access to high quality buds and concentrates and I just like to live life high as f**k. I'm a college student and i maintain a 3.5 gpa, good social life and I work out almost everyday. I'm 5'10 and when I am in good health I weigh around 175. The last 3 months however, I have lost 20 lbs and cannot for the life of me gain it back. Until I was diagnosed with chs that is. Now that I have quit smoking I'm starting to gain my weight and appetite back. Anyway, all my info aside, what I have realized is that when I first started smoking, I was getting really high quality outdoor buds grown by a good friend of mine and I never had problems. The last 3 months I have been buying from dispensaries and I have been suffering for it. I talked to my grower buddy and I have done some online research and I believe Azadirachtin to be the culprit. Azadirachtin poisoning and chs have the EXACT same symptoms and azadirachtin is used by almost every single "organic" grower out there. I am not 100% sure it is azadirachtin but I will do anything to try to be able to smoke again. Recently my grower has started an indoor grow and he uses aza products and his buds make me just as sick as dispo stuff. We have talked about it and he is willing to go aza free on his entire grow as long as he has an alternative that is realativly close in price and works as well as aza products against spider mites and powdery mildew. What are your alls recommendations? Im not trying to be rude but if you tell me I just need to quit smoking and give up I'm not even going to respond to you because there is a huge amount of evidence pointing toward aza poisoning. What can my grower friend spray on his plants during veg to avoid these problems throughout veg and flowering? Sorry about the book but I'm desperate and I want everyone to understand that I believe aza poisoning is a huge deal and if we can prove that it is the cause maybe 1000s of smokers suffering the same fate as me can finally toke up again. Thanks guys

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Im trying out a couple of different things in addition to neem oil. In veg, I use neem and Organicide. Organicide is a sesame oil and edible fish oil product. It smells a bit like cloves when 1st sprayed but smells like fish for a few days thereafter. It really gives the leaves a nice shine too.

The other product that Im using is Greencure. It basically raises ph to a level that pm cant survive. Its doing a great job at knocking down pm.

I do give my harvests a H2O2 rinse to get rid of any residue.

raven44

Ozonated water. Look into commercial grape.growing growing Industry for more info.

Can use up to three times per week

Destroys pm, residue.free

Smokeman69

I guess I should have added that rinses don't work with aza products because from what I've read, they are absorbed into the plant and can't be rinsed. Even if you spray a plant and then reuse the soil and don't spray the next round, there will be enough aza in the soil from the previous grow to cause me problems. I know this sounds crazy but I am hypersensitive to the stuf.

rjrom90

I've had great success controlling mites and PM with the preventive measures discussed in the video above. Been using a low dose (1ml/liter) of seacrop added to half strength hydro nutes. Makes the leaves super waxy similar to neem. As discussed the video, the plants need proper nutrition and environment from day 1 for this to be effective.

Smokeman69

Thanks for the replies. Im going to talk to my grower and see if will be willing to do any of the stuff you all mentioned. I'll let you all know what he says and if he has any other questions.

amanda88

perhaps see a doctor and find out what it is you are allergic too

either cannabis hyperemesis syndrome or the neem oil,

indeed theirs neem poisoning but poisoning is not an allergy

most Indianian curry recipes call for a teaspoon of neem to the curry,

I do so myself

consider growing your own weed

cheers/

Latest posts

Latest posts