What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Greenhouse 9300' (Seasonal and Year-around)

HatchBrew

Veteran
Beautiful stuff high country! Thank you for sharing.

High in more ways than one! I'm in hot country, but like the alternative!

Strains, soil & amendments? what do you have going on here!

Oh and welcome to Icmag!

turbo14

Veteran
Lookin good brotha man!

What size pots are ya using? Super lush!!

Good to see another high country greenhouse!

turbo

NICE!
Got a question. What is some advise or direction to take on growing year round in florida with its hot climate. What type of additions would be needed in a greenhouse to control all variables the Florida weather brings?

I really like those pics. Keep them coming!

highcountrygrow

I used to just do super soil organics with my personal compost tee mixture, but about a year ago I moved towards doing a similar 60% coco 40 % roots original with mykos, biolive, azos, glacial rock dust, langbeinite, and a few more innoculants. And now I do just a couple compost teas throughtout flower and I use Kind botanicares base and bloom with rock resinator and liquid calcium from nectar of the gods. Also throw in some liquid karma. The results have been phenominal the past couple harvests.
Indoors are harvests double to consistently hitting 1.5lbs/1000W at ambient CO2 levels. And im excited about what this regimen will produce in my greenhouses this year.

highcountrygrow

sorry about the picture quality im still figuring out how this whole website works with uploading the highesst resloution photos possible. I need to get a better camera up here then my iphone. its not doing justice.

highcountrygrow

In response to your question 710420, what you need to do is set up ac and demudifiers in your greenhouses. Heat and humidity is what you have to regulate in that climate.

highcountrygrow

My strains:
The Black Kush
Tangerine Haze (dub town cut)
Jack Herer (dub town cut)
Chemdawg (I believe it 91')
Airborne OG
Master Kush
White Rhino
White widow
Bubba Kush (pre 98')
Blue Diesel
Golden Goat
FLO
Sour OG Haze wreck from rare dankness ( I made feminized seeds of these last year that i just popped)

highcountrygrow

colombian land race (seed)
jamaican land race (seed)
shativa (shiva skunk x Hawaiian sativa[maui] free-pollination) one i crossed about 5 years back

highcountrygrow

I have been on this site for years but mainly just for looking on the forums for late night reading, but now I am trying to promote my seed company and consulting business. I have a couple biology degrees from CU Boulder (where I also am from). My main focus is in molecular and cellular biology and evolutionary biology so this is the edge I bring to the cannabis industry. Things like modern phylogenetics using molecular data is going reinvent the classical phenotypic phylogenetic tree . Also Tissue culture and somatic hybridization. Feel free to ask questions about any of these topics.

The Revolution

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Wow you have some small hands! :laughing:

Seriously tho, those are some very nice flowers. Your GH looks very professional and clean.
Are these all grown in handwatered Smartpots?

Welcome, and Im anxious to see what comes outta the GH. Very nice so far. That Hawaiian/Shiva sounds like a nice hybrid. Thanks for sharing.

You have the ability to create a new strain? I would love to name a strain. How would I be able to go about this? How much money?

I love your greenhouse. Cant wait to get my own.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Serious props on yr round greenhouse at that elevation. Really nice looking plants. When your seed business gets up count me in for a trial...half as high western sloper here