What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2014 Light Dep Project

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
any reason you didn't put ground cover inside or around your deps ?

Would've been nice to get rock down. But that'd be multiple transfers way the hell out to this hard to access spot, so I deemed it unnecessary. The DG isn't too bad to work on.

Can you take a detailed pic of the double layer with the inflation blower?
I'll try to grab one for you. They're pretty simple.

Threw one 1500w heater in each house last night, it added 15 degrees :)

Snypette

Veteran
wow nice! What's the height on those and how much would you say each one cost you roughly? subscribed :)

Shizzlenator

Oh damn
your garden seems to be really huge.. Cant wait for the GG#4 in your greenhouse !!!

Keep on doin that show !

Greetings

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Here's the 30x60' Clearspan. It's at a little lower elevation..will be interesting to compare results. Trying this cable and tarp clip setup some friends do. I had 3/8" lying around so used that with carabiners to the clip, would've been better to go with 1/4" and pulleys, it'd slide a little better.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
The EGS automated blackouts that we got is EXACTLY what you're doing just 100x more complicated...and expensive.

You're off to an excellent year !! Congrats!

turbo14

Veteran
Awesome thread!! Are you feeding straight water all the way through or feeding bottled nutrients?

What is the spacing between plants?

I am putting up a 24x88 and I'm trying to decide how many plants?

turbo

Have you done smart pots with, and without the pallet under them? If so what was the difference, and why are you choosing to use the pallets?

I understand the air flow from below would be an added benefit of oxygen in the root zone. However when placed on pallets the roots typically grow through the pot, and onto the ground anyway.

Also if money was not an object would you rather have a solid concrete slab floor with a drain, or gravel as you have now? Pros, and Cons if you have done both.

Thanks!

doublejj

Veteran
Have you done smart pots with, and without the pallet under them? If so what was the difference, and why are you choosing to use the pallets?

I understand the air flow from below would be an added benefit of oxygen in the root zone. However when placed on pallets the roots typically grow through the pot, and onto the ground anyway.

Also if money was not an object would you rather have a solid concrete slab floor with a drain, or gravel as you have now? Pros, and Cons if you have done both.

Thanks!

Have you ever moved a 100g smart pot?....that might be why he's using pallets......you call fill them with dirt at one spot and move them into place.....

Last edited:

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Actually my idea with the pallets was to keep soil temps warmer during these early months of veg. It may have not been necessary.. We're talking about removing them, to reduce watering and give ourselves another 6" of headroom.

Turbo- I shouldn't have to do any rootzone feeds while in veg. Maybe a foliar near the end. The Vermifire keeps them happy. In bloom we'll do some feeding. They are on 8' centers. I've never grown in 100's so we'll see how that works out. I bet 3 rows of 12 would work in yours.

Photosynthesis- Yes I have done both, with and without the pallet. They dry out so fast in the heat on the pallet. Really too fast. I have 1.5" drain rock in my 30x60, nothing down in the 20x96's. The rock is nice, I would just do that. It allows some air beneath the pot, but not like a pallet.

My truck is in the shop getting bulletproofed, when it's done I'll grab some fresh pics. I bet they're getting bigger :)

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
You're going to be happy after the bullet proofing. Make sure your injector pressure sensor pigtail isn't about to go, either..

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Fisher, this is sorta off topic, but have you used 25 Gallon Smart Pots in the GH before? Just wondering about plant spacing when using them. You said 64 SQFT for the 100's, do you think 4x4 (16SQFT) or 5x5 (25SQFT) would be sufficient?

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
You're going to be happy after the bullet proofing. Make sure your injector pressure sensor pigtail isn't about to go, either..
Good lookin out! I'll check into that.

Fisher, this is sorta off topic, but have you used 25 Gallon Smart Pots in the GH before? Just wondering about plant spacing when using them. You said 64 SQFT for the 100's, do you think 4x4 (16SQFT) or 5x5 (25SQFT) would be sufficient?

I've done 30's before. Would go with the 5' centers if possible with your 25's. Any less and they may grow into each other. I actually have two GG4's in 30's flowering out now in a spring crop. They are almost at 6' centers and the growth is close to touching.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Good lookin out! I'll check into that.

I've done 30's before. Would go with the 5' centers if possible with your 25's. Any less and they may grow into each other. I actually have two GG4's in 30's flowering out now in a spring crop. They are almost at 6' centers and the growth is close to touching.

Great, thanks for the info. And with how much vegging time is that with?

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
Those were vegged out pretty big. Hard to say how much time..maybe a month. They were to the point where they were sucking water down everyday. There is a pic in my 2014 album titled 'Gorilla Glue #4'. Thats what they looked like at the flip.

Latest posts

Latest posts