What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bare bulbs

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I think the simplest is, you don't...

you could remove them from the room and spray or turn the lights out a half hour early and spray em then...

what do you want to spray in flower anyway?

Mr Blah

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I have an issue with mites, etc...

I've got a vertical room (2x1k-6 plants MPB/RDWC hybrid) that I started a few yrs back but put them in cool tubes because of the danger of blowing bulbs or coming in contact with them when in there.

Mr Blah

Got room to make another vert room.
4 plant 5-600w diamond pattern with 600's on top of each plant as well. 10'x15' room but only using 10'x10' of it.
Going over the fine details and thinking of issues I might come up against.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If in cool tubes, spraying isn't such an issue.. Just need to clean them up.

Yet ya don't want to spray when lights on due to burn factor. (Leaves)
Also.. mite spray in flower.. Not a good idea. Mite spray taste like shit when smoked ..
I lost my 1st seasons crop due to spraying for mites. Couldn't smoke it due to taste.

2cents...

Peace. ..

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take 1 gallon of gas and a match...
Then you. ...

Lol. .

This my friend is the million $ ?

I never got a good answer myself..

My 2 cents..
If it happens to me again.
I'm using the PM milk mix I used in my 1st wave
this season and try to drown them or at least slow em down.

It was Fat free milk and water 30/70 with just a touch of PH+

I hit my ladies every 3-5 days throughout flowering with no taste on the final smoke.

No idea if it would work but. .. better than nothing..

I'll be lurking ta see if you get a better answer..

Best o luck, bro. ..

Damn borg... ruff. ..

Last edited:

Mr Blah

I have tried Stylet oil and seems to keep at bay but does not get rid of them.

Some grows I feel like getting the gas and match and throwing my hands up.
But I keep trucking away.
Thanks AD

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I use no pest strips. I place them on a floor fan at twice the recomended rate. Turn off the fans at night except the floor fan with the strips on it. Turn the fans back on just before lights on to vent the gas so you can go back in.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
spray in the dark when lights off....
wipe bulbs clean w/ rubbing alcohol after U spray...

G

GMax

you can put like a clean sock over the bulb to protect it from the spray

Mr Blah

spray in the dark when lights off....
wipe bulbs clean w/ rubbing alcohol after U spray...
Do you wear gloves when you do this?
Or just dunk a rag in some alcohol and lightly wipe clean?

thought about using some sort of pulley system (I saw on another thread) and pull them up if I need to do work.

Good ideas guys. :woohoo:

Greenheart

Veteran
CFL's 15 minutes before light cycle start and after end to get a little time for plant maintenance has worked for me. In my mind it was only natural for them to have a small period of low light intensity at the beginning and end of the day. I use them to keep the tops from jumping in vert mode.

In veg and early bloom I use neem foliar spray as a preventitive. I also have a party colony of Ladybird beetles munching and fornicating everywhere. Quite a few varieties of spiders lurking as well. Recently some fruit flies from the worm bin have joined the gathering but they don't seem to be harming anything. My main issue seems to be rootbinding since I have been busy working more than I should have too to provide income for life and not devoting so much attention to my hobby.

B

BrnCow

If your room is sealable, you can fill it with CO2...there are some threads on this here somewhere...

Big John

You can do a foliar spray or what not with bare bulb HIDS. I just wouldn't do it while the bulbs are on, I've read where people shattered the glass. Like others have mentioned, rubbing alcohol to clean off the bulbs.

You could spray in the dark if you have a green LED light or temporarily turn off the lights and use a hanging cfl to maintain photoperiod. I like to do it right at the very beginning of a light cycle.

Mr Blah

Thanks Big John.

Got another bare bulb question.
In a room that is 46sq ft (5'.10"long x9'widex 6'6" high) 303cubic ft, is it possible to exhaust/cool the bulbs with just inline fans? Or do you need an ac?
I want to have; X=plants o=600watt
oXo
XoX
oXo

58watts pr sq/ft

Thanks