What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

91'chemdog

Gry

Was gifted one of them and need to clone it as to be able to keep it. I let Northern Lights go by a few years back , and don't want to make that mistake again.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
:laughing: duuuude .... chem = SD ≠ OG ≠ TK

i would say they all share a common ancestor :ying:

Interesting, when I asked Nspecta he told me that there's a little chance that TK could be in the DOG bud. Even if some agree that the 1991 Chemdog share similarities with OG, to the point that some even believes the 1991 Chemdog originated the OG via a s1.

The TK is older than the 1991, probably from around 1986/1988, and she looks like the first OG prototype from what I have gather. Can't wait to run this girl and compare by myself.

According to OLDFAMILLYRED, TK Lineage is someting like this:
(Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush) x Pine Tar Kush.

PTK was his guess, according to infos he got from the man who breed the strain. I still have this post...

Sorry for off-topic J, check your pm's bro. Peace

Nspecta

Veteran
Interesting, when I asked Nspecta he told me that there's a little chance that TK could be in the DOG bud. Even if some agree that the 1991 Chemdog share similarities with OG, to the point that some even believes the 1991 Chemdog originated the OG via a s1.

LoL...Lamb...I thought you were talking about The D.O.G cut...not Dogbud...my bad.

Dogbud & TK very likely share some form of ancestry...one way or another...I ain't gonna speculate past that. :tiphat:

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
LoL...Lamb...I thought you were talking about The D.O.G cut...not Dogbud...my bad.

Dogbud & TK very likely share some form of ancestry...one way or another...I ain't gonna speculate past that. :tiphat:

LOL ahaha... From Hoopa to Cali/Oregon border, wondering what happened to the rest of the TK seeds, since it was a breeding project.

Thanks for the clarification Nspecta.

MrGoodBudz

Veteran
I totally agree with you. Look back at most of the loved strains today. Og, sours, stompers, puffs, cookies and the glue ect... plus the hundreds of crosses in between. Chem fam is a huge building block. Foundation really IMO. I've been growing a chem strain for about 8 years now. I have many elites. Including the glue and cookies. Chem is in both. I still smoke more chem than anything and the plant itself is superior as well. I have smoked LOTS of ogs and I believe chem is in there or they share a parent.

Isn't it most likely the Chems, OG's and Diesels originate from the pre Skunk #1 Afghan "Skunk" lines?

After all Skunk #1 isn't particularly skunky. But the Chems certainly are.

The term "skunk weed" was around before Skunk #1 was even bred.

Jbomber79

Veteran
NorCal

NorCal

Isn't it most likely the Chems, OG's and Diesels originate from the pre Skunk #1 Afghan "Skunk" lines?

After all Skunk #1 isn't particularly skunky. But the Chems certainly are.

The term "skunk weed" was around before Skunk #1 was even bred.

I have to agree, once upon a time an old school NorCal grower gave me a Humboldt Skunk #1 tee shirt as a kinda gift like your in the cool club lmfao.. It was a revelation looking back he told me that "a bunch of good shit came from the "skunk" strain.". All I can say about that is this "skunk" is what most seek- when they see a bag they smell it.. What are they looking for ... THE SKUNK!! There are lots of strains that have unique appeal no doubt just not many that knock you on your ass.

TPFTFW

Veteran
~30 year old skunk 1 cutting :p

picture.php

picture.php

ps ill be reversing it to the 91 skva

A

acridlab

In the early 90's ,, my uncle used to get "skunk" from the Carolinas and I swear it was just a chem or tk.. it was fuely /piny lemon in flavor, and straight fresh sprayed skunk smell in the bag...

joe-brand

nice skunk 1

when I left crested butte and moved to santa cruz I new no one. and I brought pbud seeds with me. When I first started to grow the hard way with no help pre internet my friend in vail co had the original skunk 1. I never thought of mailing it. I flew to co drove to vail and got the cut. got a igloo little cooler and it was in a 3x3 rw cube i went in the bathroom before the xray machin and crotched this skunk one clone. I was such a retard I didnt even have it in a zip lock bag. I went thru the xray with nutz drippin down my balls.

then grabbed my cooler went to the bathroom put it back in and carried it on the plane. that was 94 i gues. Ran that cut for years it was so vigorous with co2 it would grow so fast. that pic reminded me of it. my friend may still have the cut

joe-brand

chem 3:

View Image

View Image

View Image

I liked the structure of the #3 a lot - she grew into the most perfect bush. But I did not care for her flavor compared to the other chems. She had that chem funk - but I thought it was more earthy / kushy in terpene profile than the other chems I have tried ('91, 4, sis, d). I found her smell to be mild compared to her siblings...

dank.Frank

Thanks man its been awhile since I seen her. You know I was in napa when I popped the 4 seeds and I had a private back yard and I put the 4 original moms that were in 5galls and put them into like 45gallon rubbermaid tubs. And grew them outside in the heart of napa valley. Talk about perfect weather. it gets hot in the day and cool at night almost all summer. I had pics of those 4 think on here or overgrow its been a LONG time since. Or it seems like a lifetime.

Yeah the didnt have the funk lemon pledge like the four but it stay green. So many people couldnt get over the gold cure of the 4 for awhile.

LilTia

Veteran
I'm little bit confused on 91chem. Bodhi say Chem91 by Skunk VA user is more lemon/ogish and the "real" chem91 from JB is more skunky/sourD taste... If both is legit and the Original is JB's cut... The 91skunk VA what is??? The two clones is simply to say... Really different in all! What is this Chem? #B old Cut? Another cross with? Really confused of that.
Peace

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I'm little bit confused on 91chem. Bodhi say Chem91 by Skunk VA user is more lemon/ogish and the "real" chem91 from JB is more skunky/sourD taste... If both is legit and the Original is JB's cut... The 91skunk VA what is??? The two clones is simply to say... Really different in all! What is this Chem? #B old Cut? Another cross with? Really confused of that.
Peace

I wish someone could clear that up as the 2 cuts look totally different.

The first cut to be showed here at IC as chem 91 (wonkanobe cut) is very small knobby buds and looks to be a low yielder almost looks like a green gsc. A few years later people started talking about the 91 skva which looks totally different, it looks more like ecsd or ogk.

The old story goes Og Kush was an s1 of the 91 chem which I can believe it would be an S1 of the SkVa, but it looks nothing like the 91 chem wonkanobe cut shown in the Chemdawg 101 thread here.

I'd like to know and see more of the wonkanobe 91 chem.

If you were to put the pieces together and look at the ecsd and og, the story makes more sense that the 91 SkVa is the legit 91 Chem, the story does not fit so well if you try to put in the other chem 91 (wonkanobe cut).

Latest posts

Latest posts