What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

And The Sh!t Hits The Fan

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good mate.

Did you make those smart pots DIY?

I plan on doing something very similar this season down under. Hopefully with a winter grow as well. Got couple random seedlings that popped outside of their own accord (kinda) and are slowly growing and nice and green. They are both off the ground.

D

Durdy

Looking good mate.

Did you make those smart pots DIY?

I plan on doing something very similar this season down under. Hopefully with a winter grow as well. Got couple random seedlings that popped outside of their own accord (kinda) and are slowly growing and nice and green. They are both off the ground.

I did not bought em for about 20$ each

Good luck with your endeavors! gotta love volunteer plants

D

Durdy

QUICK UPDATE

QUICK UPDATE

Couple pics of the greenhouse from today

Nothing to exciting

Still have the supplemental lighting on, I know a couple friends of mine are already well into their stretch cause of the morning fog thats been hanging around

Fed them today with max sea 16-16-16

Water 1/2 gallon per 100 gal once a week

1/4 for the 20 gal rubbermaids once a week

Just added some vermiculite to the pots as a mulch, had a bunch of extra lying around from leftover stove insulation

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
durdy! wow man, great stuff. I cant wait to see how it plays out. How long in the year do you think you could grow in your setup? I've been thinking about lots of different options, and I think you may have sold me. Inspiring.

D

Durdy

durdy! wow man, great stuff. I cant wait to see how it plays out. How long in the year do you think you could grow in your setup? I've been thinking about lots of different options, and I think you may have sold me. Inspiring.

Dubwise - Thanks, I'm excited to see some pretty flowers as well. depending on your climate and latitude you could grow in this gal year round.

Last year I had a smaller greenhouse and did a grow over the winter. you can check it out in my sig

It can get very chilli where I'm at around 38 many nights in the winter.

The girls never really amounted to anything special, used all but one J1 plant to make hash and edibles.

I was told had I started flowering them inside they would have been better! Also I could've raised them off the ground and added some kind of heater which I'm positive would've made a major difference.

They were grown in coco and i feel they would've faired better in soil

The greenhouse I'm growing in now is pretty low budget, you could build one much sturdier and insulated and have a great winter grow
!

Also check out grows by Doublejj and endur they grow in similiar set ups, JJ is really the carport greenhouse master!

Last edited:
I

imnotkrazy

Couple pics of the greenhouse from today

Nothing to exciting

Still have the supplemental lighting on, I know a couple friends of mine are already well into their stretch cause of the morning fog thats been hanging around

Fed them today with max sea 16-16-16

Water 1/2 gallon per 100 gal once a week

1/4 for the 20 gal rubbermaids once a week

Just added some vermiculite to the pots as a mulch, had a bunch of extra lying around from leftover stove insulation

Am I reading the watering amounts right? Half a gallon a week in the 100 gallon pots? I would think you'd need to use at least 15-20 gallons a week to keep them hydrated. I was giving 3 gallon pots half a gallon a day+ last year.

D

Durdy

Am I reading the watering amounts right? Half a gallon a week in the 100 gallon pots? I would think you'd need to use at least 15-20 gallons a week to keep them hydrated. I was giving 3 gallon pots half a gallon a day+ last year.

The plants aren't very big, this was my first go around with 100 gals and lets just say I don't think I did enough research 25 gals like last year probably would've given me better results

My plants are very healthy and green, but they aren't utilizing the entire 100 gal. I'm pretty sure when I started them I was over watering and it inhibited there growth. and Now I feel like There just working off the water that was already in there for the most part. Theres one That I let go without water for 2 weeks and it didn't show any signs of under watering as far as I could tell.

ONce they get bigger I'll start watering more. Now that I've added the vermiculite mulch the soil itself right at the surface has been moist since I watered Saturday morning.I'll See how long it takes to dry and I'll probably use that as my indicator to start watering.

Any tips on knowing when to water in the 100 gals? It's not as though one could lift it to see if it were lighter haha.

I

imnotkrazy

Try digging with your hand from the side down under the plant to see if you can find the base of the rootball and make sure it is moist - that is the best I can offer.

D

Durdy

Rootballs on the larger ladies are moist so I assume they are moist on the smaller gals too.

All soil right below the vermiculite is still moist as well (watered saturday afternoon)

The 18 gal rubbermaid girls are definitely starting to eat the FFOF and stretch there roots, growing very nicely now.

I think I may try and use up my house and garden roots excelerator I have lying around to help the ladies fill out the 100 gals? What do you all think? If I'm not mistaken it's supposed to be used during the first two weeks of flower?

Anyone have some experience with this product and how they use it? I'm sure there's plenty of answers to be found around the forums, I'll check it out when I get home from work.

Peace

D

Durdy

Quick Update

Quick Update

The three SB FREEBIES FEMALE MYSTERY MIX plants, Looking lush if I do say so myself :jump:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I

imnotkrazy

Plants are looking good, but will do better with more water Durdy.

Hit them with the accelerator, and give the 100 gallon pots at least 3 gallons one time at the base of the stalk in the middle of a hot day to see the result - there is so much room in them gravity will make sure they aren't overwatered.

The hoose soil stays moist and I haven't had overwatering problems from watering with the garden hose until it puddles daily.

doublejj

Veteran
Bra, I've been pooring water to mine, probably 15-20gl a day & it must be going straight down, because I don't even see a wet ring around them!

I'd put some water thru them. Smart pots won't hold water, any excess drains thru. Jus give them Maxsea once a week, they'll be fine.

Good luck bro!

peace
doublejj

D

Durdy

Ay ay boys!

The ladies will be getting more h20 as of tonight!

Thank you very very much for the words of advice :)

PS JJ MAXSEA IS THE BOMB!!!!! greened up my Blue dreams with a vengeance.
Is it considered an organic product? I do teas from time to time and I'm wondering if a few of the ingredients in it are detrimental to the micro herd?

doublejj

Veteran
Maxsea Love!

Maxsea Love!

Bro, whatever Maxsea is doing to the micro-herd, they love it! :plant grow:
It's not detrimental in any way I can see.

Good luck

peace
doublejj

D

Durdy

Good to know Doublejj! I've definitely found the fertilizer I'll be using for awhile, Many many thanks for turning me onto it! :)

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Durdy...wishing you a fine flowering from my house to yours...good looking stuff here, I like the way you had a need for a house, shot down to the local store with your list, and put it together. Most peeps just keep dreaming about it. I had dreams about mine for years and years, finally got my but in gear. Good luck with the grow..DD

D

Durdy

Durdy...wishing you a fine flowering from my house to yours...good looking stuff here, I like the way you had a need for a house, shot down to the local store with your list, and put it together. Most peeps just keep dreaming about it. I had dreams about mine for years and years, finally got my but in gear. Good luck with the grow..DD

Thanks DoobieDuck, Its a pleasure to have you here! haha it was a fun trip to the hardware store to say the least, I was like a kid in a candy store :greenstars:

I think I'm gonna turn the supplemental lighting off in about two weeks, and the show will really begin!

:plant grow:

D

Durdy

Let's Grow!!!

Let's Grow!!!

Hello all! It's about time for an update!

Things have really picked up the pace lately in the greenhouse :jump:

Added some trellising to a few plants, got a few more to do.

Been watering about 1 1/2 gallons every other day for the 10 gals

Using about 1/2 - 2/3 gallon on the 18 gallon rubbermaids also every other day.

Been mixing h&g roots excelurator and botanicare silica into the water

Feeding max-sea 16-16-16 once a week.

The supplemental lighting is still on, and will remain on till I get off my lazy ass and take some clones. :needcoffee: another week at most.

So onto the pics!!!!! :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

Blue Dreams
picture.php

SB Freebie Mystery FEM
picture.php

El Monstre
picture.php

Trainwrecks
picture.php

El Monstre
picture.php

Sb Freebie Mystery Fem
picture.php

Sb Freebie Mystery Fem
picture.php

Sb Freebie Mystery Fem
I've dubbed this mysto fem BIG MOMMA!!!
picture.php

El Monstre
picture.php

On the Left Headband on the right Romulan
In the forground some carrots :biggrin:
picture.php

El Monstre
picture.php

The J1 Twins
picture.php

Some Potmates with the twins.......
picture.php

Until Next time my friends..........stay thirsty!!! I mean durdy!!!!
:pie:

Latest posts

Latest posts