What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Costco Carport Greenhouse 2010

doublejj

Veteran
Well, here we go!

I've put a new top on the old Costco carport & I have 6 plants inside.

For those who missed last years grow here's a quick re-fresher. My greenhouse is a 10'x20' carport frame covered with 6mil plastic sheeting from Home Depot. I have Sunscreen Mesh from Home Depot on the walls for 100% ventilation.

Inside are 6 plants that were started indoors in Jan. They are 30" tall now. The holes are filled with a 50/50 mix of Ocean Forest & Happy Frog. They should be Monsters by Summer.
There are:
2 White Widow
2 Purple Kush
2 Grandaddy Purple

I'll post more pic's as things progress.

Peace
doublejj

Attachments

• PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 17
  • PICT0009.jpg
    PICT0009.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 18
  • PICT00151.jpg
    PICT00151.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT00231.jpg
    PICT00231.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 16

statusquo

I have seedlings outside right now in preperation to go into a greenhouse in about a month. I am thinking about doing the same thing you did, thanks to your thread last year ;), but had a few questions.

What kind of spacing in between plants do you have?
How often will you need to water those in veg/flower?
Local Temps?
~How many Gallons are the holes that you dug?
In your experience, what would you do differently/recommend for people just setting up costco greenhouses? Thanks for your time and inspiration, happy growing :)

Last edited:

doublejj

Veteran
Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks people, I enjoy sharing with everyone. I'll be sure to post regular updates.

I'm glad your inspired to make one. Easy-Pesy.

The 2 major changes from last year are; planting into the ground, not pots, & Sunscreen mesh on all 4 walls. Ventilation will be much better, the breeze just blows thru.

The holes are about 5' apart. As far as I could, & still fit 6 plants.

The holes have about 25gal of my dirt mix. I live in an old farm house built in 1920, when this area was all farms/orchards, before Sacramento swallowed it up. So this is really rich, bottom land anyway. Everything grows here!

It gets over 100deg much of the summer here, I may water every day, once they get bigger.

The debate is still on, over digging-up the whole area, or just use the holes. I may dig it all up next year.

Good luck,
Peace
doublejj
P.S. The carports are still $189 at Costco, I was there last week.

statusquo

Thanks a lot man. I got 12 seeds goin of Original Haze x Skunk#1 / satori x white rhino (nepali snow). Expecting to end up with ~6-9 healthy females which will dictate the size of my pots. IIRC you averaged about 8oz a plant right ?

doublejj

Veteran
Starting Bigger this year!

Starting Bigger this year!

Good luck with those,they should be great!

Yes, I averaged about 1/2 lb each, last year, but I had 12 plants & they were much smaller, & in 15gal pots. This year I hope to get 1+ lbs ea with 6 (bigger) plants, in bigger holes. These plants are 2 months older than last year! They were started in Jan. they are 5 months old, going out.

Wish me luck, I'm gonn'a need it. I'll keep you posted. And good luck with yours!

Peace
doublejj

statusquo

Thats awsome news doublejj I will for sure take pictures and document the grow. I was aiming for 5lb with the greenhouse so it looks like that figure could possibly be attainable. I eagerly await your updates :)

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Well I LOVE PK and GDP is out of this world. I want to see you have huge trees I've not seen an out door PK yet, very excited :D

:joint:

Raphael

Subscribed. I will be getting one of these carports very soon as I am moving first thing in July. Is July 15 too late to put out minis, like 200 of them, in the car port?

Keep it up, very excited for this grow.

Cheers!

mister c

Nice idea. Costco rules.

I was wondering...can you see in that thing from the outside (say a chopper) or are you using that non transparent stuff that still lets the light in?

doublejj

Veteran
Hello Pep's!

Hello Pep's!

Howdy everyone.:tiphat:

The plants are all doing very well. I'll take more pic's later today.

Thanks for the comments & encouraging words, I hope this is entertaining at least!

5 lbs is easily doable in one of these.

I've never grown either the PK or GDP before, but they come 'highly' recommended! I've seen pictures of PK grown outdoors & it was Gorgeous!

July wouldn't be too late to do your 'SOG' idea, I LIKE IT! When you do, please post pic's. I'd love to see an outdoor Sea-O-Green, sounds awesome!

Take a close look at the picture of the plastic roof, you cannot see thru it, even with a helicopter.

Peace
doublejj
P.S. I've just built one for a friend, maybe I'll post pictures from 2 of these.

doublejj

Veteran
Update photo's

Update photo's

Here are a couple of pic's from today, they seem to love it out there!

Here's a group shot, pic of each plant. Contunued..........................

Peace
doublejj

Attachments

• PICT0020.jpg
    PICT0020.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 20
  • relent
    relent
    77.1 KB · Views: 32
  • PICT0018.jpg
    PICT0018.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 21
  • PICT0025.jpg
    PICT0025.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 21

doublejj

Veteran
Continued pic's..............

Continued pic's..............

More plant pic's & Molly (my greenhouse guard)

Peace
doublejj

Attachments

• PICT0021.jpg
    PICT0021.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 17
  • PICT0022.jpg
    PICT0022.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 17
  • PICT0023.jpg
    PICT0023.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 14
  • PICT0030.jpg
    PICT0030.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 13

mister c

Yeah thats why i asked , it looked like you couldnt see in. But you know how pictures are sometimes. Damn thats cool...i wasnt aware that the 6 mil plastic is badass like that.

Good luck with your girls!

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Looking nice doublejj :) That looks like a lot of fun. Would love to have some big greenhouse OD plants.

daRube

Doublejj,

I've read your earlier grows and you have inspired me.. Buying the Costco on Monday.. How were the smells from your grows? Did you do anything to mask them or are you far enough away from neighbors? (I'm a legal medical grower but in a neighborhood and want to be a stealth as possible.) Thanks for all your great posts..

R

Latest posts

Latest posts