What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tips needed

Newbie95

Getting ready to start an auto flower grow and I have limited information on it because I haven't done much research anybody who's got any tips even the most basic could help is there anything different other than the light cycle I should do from growing regular weed I know you're not supposed to transplant them or top them or do anything to stunt the growth but other than that I'm a Noob don't know shitt so any tips would help and be much appreciated thank you:thank you :thank you:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't over water, use half strength nutes in flower, plant in original container, pref 3 gallon.

Jd421

Don't over water, use half strength nutes in flower, plant in original container, pref 3 gallon.

Those last two in Arids quote is very very important.

Small pots = small plants
They are also very sensitive when it comes to their roots. If you butcher during transplant they don't recover very well. Pick a size and let them grow into it. Even if you start in peat pellets put them in a 3 gallon pot or a 5 gallon bucket.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
What I have found with autos.

Soil mix needs to be a little lighter than photo period strains. It's common to mix in 30% coco.

Plant into a 3-5 gallon pot directly. They do not like to be transplanted.

Take care to baby those seedlings. The success of an auto strain depends on that seedling getting a good start. After the plant develops it's set of first true leaves, give a light feeding of bloom nutrients. The plant needs P to develop roots and structure right out of the gate. Frequent light waterings, as opposed to drenching the pot every few days. This is important throughout the plants life.

Light cycle should be 18-24 hours on. So 18/6 or 20/4 is the most common light cycles. You will want a lot of light for best results.

Use veg nutrients until about day 30, then switch to bloom.

The better the environment the better the result.

Best of luck!

Maple_Flail

most of my experience comes from photoperiod stuff, however I do have an auto cbd/cbg project in the works, it kinda on pause right now as i'm in the middle of generations. this line needs some "fixing".

My experience is very similar to what is mentioned above by others.

only thing I can add, is the best cycles with the autos (for me), have been when they've been getting Foliar nutes and only PH'd water to the soil/medium. I do this for about 2-3 weeks then onto light flower nutes, and discontinue foliar.

I normally aim for 20/4 cycle, but It generally (atleast lately) i've need to taper it down to about 18.5/5.5 my cdb/cbg line wasn't liking the extra light so much, started doing some funky things.

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
from what arid told me, colored strains - purple, red don't grow as big so 3 gal good size. depends on strain. an rite, plant in final bucket. light on nutez water when 2 in soil dry.

Superauto

Overwatering is a risk for almost any plant so be careful, to avoid some of the owerwatering problems use a double cup.

Make holes in the cup on top(the one that contains soil) so the left over water will run into the bottom cup, then you have drainage and the roots will not rot so easily
Watering once or twice a week is enough if you have a suitable container(and it's not direct sunlight and/or it's very warm in the grow room)
It's good for the roots to let the soil dry up between every watering giving the roots more oxygen, constant sogging soil will only lead to root rot(= game over!)

There are a lot of grow tips out there(ph, temperature, fertilizer etc), but I guess the most important beside the watering and container size(and double cup) is the KISS(Keep it simple, stupid)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Newbie95

Okay thank you all for the tips much appreciated I will start this grow in about a month after i harvest what I got going now

Meduser369

Hey newbie95 i am about too start my first grow. And read seeds have enough food for first week
I would only add root hormone when she is up a
Week or two. All the best with your grow going to
Sub for the show

Jd421

I have a little liquid rooting hormone should I put a drop in with my water wile in seedling?

I'm sure a weak solution of rooting hormone will not hurt. Even in the seedling stage. It would probably spur faster development of a root system. Thus bigger plants. I wouldn't got overboard. But depending on your water container probably wouldn't hurt to add a few or several drops. Just make sure the soil loose. Autos favor loose airy soil.

With all due respect to MedUser. He is correct. The seeds contain enough nutrition for at least the first week or so. But fertilizer(nutrients-NPK) differ from a hormone. Sure liquid root hormone won't hurt if used properly. A weak/middle ground solution not full blown.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have access to willow trees, soak a few cut up branches in water, then use! Great plant tonic (and natural!).

Superauto

Go easy on the nutes, autoflowers don't need much

If you have good soil and a 3 gallon bucket maybe you hardly need any fertilizer at all
In my first run where I made seeds I just gave them my urine
1 part urine and 10 parts water, worked just fine and totally free :)

Newbie95

Awesome thanks for all the info I will defently try soaking the willow. I'm just waiting to harvest my first grow to free up grow space to start my AF , shits gonna be dope can't wait

Latest posts

Latest posts