What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hermie after Hermie after Hermie

EvergreenState

It's not 443 TDS, it's 443 microsiemens which means an EC of 0.4 not 0.8.
After looking throw several forums in my country it seems that a tap water EC of 0.4 is normal for us and is causing other growers no problem.

Of course i dont know exact what is in there but i check the Analysis of our tap water from our provider.
Is that a high calcium value?
View Image

You are a funny guy and very stubborn guy. First you say, "of course I don't know what's in my water", which would be an excellent reason to adopt the usage of RO or distilled water. Then, you are a funny guy:wtf:, you show a lab report from your water supplier showing you do know what's in your water and then you ask, what does it mean?
Well to start: If the calcium level in your water is 40-60 ppm or more, then there is little need to use a fertilizer that provides calcium. So do your nutrients supply calcium? Is it in your soil? If so then you are over feeding calcium; which causes lockouts of magnesium and iron. When those are locked out that can cause too much uptake of other nutrients. We could go over the other minerals in that report, which by the way, is a cherry picked report. I know I worked in that industry for awhile. Your public water supply doesn't always give you those amounts of minerals. Most of the time more and many times less. Sometimes by large amounts. They take many anslysis' and report the best one. Public water supplies are very variable.
Also that photo you showed, of what looks like rotting lower leaves, has absolutely nothing to do with light leaks. You have serious problems in those pots. Looks like overwatering too.
Look man you've killed four crops using seeds by some tried and tested breeders. In all the years I've either followed or joined marijuana sites, I've never seen that. You keep going around and around, maybe it's this, maybe it's that. You've killed four crops man! It's MANY things!
You need to eliminate as many variables as possible. Make it simple, make it easy. Use a medim that doesn't supply any nutrients, use a ph correcting nutrient, use a growing style, like Hempy growing style, that makes it impossible to overwater, use RO or distilled. No problems.
You will elimnate problems with the water, soil, ph and nutrients.
Let me know if elimnating light leaks solves your rotting leaf situation.:groupwave:

psychopro

You are a funny guy and very stubborn guy. First you say, "of course I don't know what's in my water", which would be an excellent reason to adopt the usage of RO or distilled water. Then, you are a funny guy:wtf:, you show a lab report from your water supplier showing you do know what's in your water and then you ask, what does it mean?
Well to start: If the calcium level in your water is 40-60 ppm or more, then there is little need to use a fertilizer that provides calcium. So do your nutrients supply calcium? Is it in your soil? If so then you are over feeding calcium; which causes lockouts of magnesium and iron. When those are locked out that can cause too much uptake of other nutrients. We could go over the other minerals in that report, which by the way, is a cherry picked report. I know I worked in that industry for awhile. Your public water supply doesn't always give you those amounts of minerals. Most of the time more and many times less. Sometimes by large amounts. They take many anslysis' and report the best one. Public water supplies are very variable.
Also that photo you showed, of what looks like rotting lower leaves, has absolutely nothing to do with light leaks. You have serious problems in those pots. Looks like overwatering too.
Look man you've killed four crops using seeds by some tried and tested breeders. In all the years I've either followed or joined marijuana sites, I've never seen that. You keep going around and around, maybe it's this, maybe it's that. You've killed four crops man! It's MANY things!
You need to eliminate as many variables as possible. Make it simple, make it easy. Use a medim that doesn't supply any nutrients, use a ph correcting nutrient, use a growing style, like Hempy growing style, that makes it impossible to overwater, use RO or distilled. No problems.
You will elimnate problems with the water, soil, ph and nutrients.
Let me know if elimnating light leaks solves your rotting leaf situation.:groupwave:

The picture with rotting leaf was from a previous grow which i didn't ph'ed my water because i thought my organic soil will buffer it because i am using organic nutrients and soil which is only lightly pre fertilized.

On this 4rd run which i ph'ed my water exacly to 6.3-6.5 i didn't found any rotting leaves or damage until now (Week 5) also i only feed every second watering and approx 60% of what the bottle tells me to use.

Yeah i maybe missunderstood several things because english is not my mother language.

Organic Soil-> Canna Terra Professional Plus(2 week pre fertelized)
Canna Terra Professional Plus NPK – 12-14-24
Contains: peat, dolomite lime and NPK fertiliser
pH level: 6.0
EC level: 1.0

Nutrients -> BAC Organics Grow 8-3-3

BAC Organics Bloom 6-5-6

BAC Organics PK Booster 4-2-8

And yeah i didn't know my water provider offers such a detailed analysis. But even if the analysis is a bit more positive my water should be fine. On other forums i read peoples posts which having a EC of 0.7-0.8 and Calcium <140mg and <20dH and they didn't have problems that i have specially hermie problems. But still a RO system would be good to maybe mix my tap water 75:25 RO. :biggrin:

I think my Calcium:Mg ratio is not good. It's almost 7:1 but should be 3:1. Thats why i am buying now bittersalt(magnesiumsulfat) and add some to my watering solution beginning from week 4 where Magnesium rises. I only found on my fertilizer on the ingredients ->Mn(Magnese) but not Mg.

But what really bugs me is that even that i ph'ed it to 6.3-6.5 for every feeding/watering. My ph of the run off was 7.0.

psychopro

The picture with rotting leaf was from a previous grow which i didn't ph'ed my water because i thought my organic soil will buffer it because i am using organic nutrients and soil which is only lightly pre fertilized.
Yeah and i also fed with every watering which was stupid the previous runs. In combination with not Ph'ing my solution i locked a lot out i think.

MrBungle

Bitter salt... I haven't heard that term for Epsom salt yet...good one!

Measuring run off doesn't tell you much.... How do you know if the nutrients went passed the root zone... or down the side of the pot?