What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I think Phillip Morris really might be creeping into the cannabis game

kinesis

When a company buys internet domains to defend their business, they typically sit unused on their registrar. I find it interesting that AltriaMarijuana.com and AltriaCannabis.com (RJ Reynolds) lead to a blank page. A sign of things to come? This, and the recent introduction of a Philip Morris e-cig vapor kit into the Colorado market make me curious (it was mentioned in the news). I wonder what kind of additives they would put in it to make it taste smooth and get you hooked?

Last edited:

kingfisher021

I think with MJ when people can buy it from reputed dispensaries or grow it themselves there would be no reason to smoke Phillip Morris cannabis if it is not good

Cannavore

Veteran
Tobacco use in youths is down meanwhile cannabis use has increased or remained constant among youths. Of course they're gonna get in the ring. Doesn't Phillip Morris own land in the emerald triangle as well?

Terpz

A lot of these corporations exist solely because we allow them to by consuming their goods(or in most cases 'bads') on a daily basis. Vote with your dollars people. Fuck big corporations! Grow your own, brew your own, sew your own and live simply so others can simply live. Peace

FtLotG

My understanding of chemical additives in cigarettes is that they are there because of stability, consistency and maximizing yield/potency in the tobacco, from seed to smoke. Not as a conspiracy to get people hooked, as it kind of already does that.

As has been said, they only exist because people vote with their dollars. Would it be a bad thing to buy a pack of 20 joints from a major manufacturer at a 7-11? What if they got the price down to 10 bucks? What if it's just low midgrade hybrid mass produced outdoors? I don't think that would be a bad thing, and just like with beer, there will always be higher quality micro brews for the people who fucking hate Bud-Light, but none of them will outsell the Bud either.

However, the hate for corps will always be there, and usually the people who speak out about it the most are the ones who do jack shit about it anyways. Plus, I don't see mass produced cannabis, even low grade, causing cancer - unlike tobacco. So it's not like it's a liability for them, in that sense anyway.

Terpz

However, the hate for corps will always be there, and usually the people who speak out about it the most are the ones who do jack shit about it anyways. Plus, I don't see mass produced cannabis, even low grade, causing cancer - unlike tobacco. So it's not like it's a liability for them, in that sense anyway.

You obviously have not taken a step or looked into the legal/medical cannabis industry. Most, if not all, of the "medicine" is contaminated and still bagged, tagged and shelved for patients/customers. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Cannabis causes cancer in any way shape or form(the opposite actually). What I am saying is many business practices followed by the medical/legal cannabis industry are in one way or another creating a contaminated end product. IMO, yes it would be a bad idea to buy 7-11 mass produced, low grade cannabis. To each his own. Like you said above, we will always have choices... Thank 'Merica.

I urge everyone to continue supporting local and support your community **farmer wave**:tiphat:

waveguide

Veteran
what's wrong with this thread?

how do you figure that the actions of "tobacco companies" represent the interests of "the tobacco industry"?

it makes me so fucking amazed, we go through this shit again and again. open your fucking heads and figure this shit out.

"the tobacco industry" is not a distinct entity with it's own defined interests. it is a pawn of the interests of forces known only to you through economics and social influence.

"the tobacco industry" represents the interests of something much larger than just people selling tobacco to dumb fuckers. it does not stop at r.j. reynolds wallet, it's not like he can just do whatever the shit he wants and all the other wealthy and powerful people are just like "that boy's selling tobacco!"

coordination. strategy. fucking grow your shit up and stop pretending it's all minute and separate.

they been planning it a long time..no surprise to me...yeehaw
For sure man, should be no suprise to anybody. The way I see it, the more bigger companies that grow, the better it makes the small farms look. Y'all ever been to a farmers market? You can thank the shitty produce and meat at your local grocery for me being able to charge 5 times what they are for homegrown organic. Itll be the same with cannabis, at least for anything rec.

Bongstar420

Big Box pot will be equal in quality to average product from average people. The price will only be 30% than paying them hourly at $10/hr.

Lets say around $100/oz retail putting wholesale in the $800/lb range

Only the cheap and lazy want to pay money for this stuff....I gather there will be plenty given that probably half of average grows fail due to pests from clones.

I think with MJ when people can buy it from reputed dispensaries or grow it themselves there would be no reason to smoke Phillip Morris cannabis if it is not good

Actually, if people payed 5x for their produce, then the quality would be better...the fact is they generally do not want to pay for the quality they always complain is lacking. You cater to a niche market with very limited demand vs the size of the whole produce market. Are you going to pay me 5x for outperforming you?

There is no way I'm gonna get $500/oz for fire while $100/oz mids are the norm...Your crazy

For sure man, should be no suprise to anybody. The way I see it, the more bigger companies that grow, the better it makes the small farms look. Y'all ever been to a farmers market? You can thank the shitty produce and meat at your local grocery for me being able to charge 5 times what they are for homegrown organic. Itll be the same with cannabis, at least for anything rec.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I used to have an article from some paper showing an alleged pack of joints sort of like ciggies from way back...they been planning and waiting a long time ..and with the loss of revenue from tobacco they are looking for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...yeehaw..it might be cheap at first but with taxes it will end up like tobacco ..expensive due to over taxation...stoners will be the new cash cow...to them I say fuck you I grow my own mutherfuckers..I don't pay any taxes on my weed..so kiss it..ANYONE THAT DONT THINK BIG TOBACCO ISNT ALL OVER MARIJUANA IS SMOKING TOO MUCH..come back to reality and the world of greed and shareholders...

waveguide

Veteran
heck, could be worth it just to see the elitist fuckface growers knocked off their perches..

"an ounce of my shit is worth six months of your disposable income, plus there's electricity costs!" see you in the afterlife "brothers"

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here ya go... OOPS I missed the top post..

http://ilyke.com/philip-morris-marl...now-for-sale-in-four-u-s--states/70544/?pid=0

70544-large-244730.jpg

Big Box pot will be equal in quality to average product from average people. The price will only be 30% than paying them hourly at $10/hr.

Lets say around $100/oz retail putting wholesale in the $800/lb range

Only the cheap and lazy want to pay money for this stuff....I gather there will be plenty given that probably half of average grows fail due to pests from clones.

Actually, if people payed 5x for their produce, then the quality would be better...the fact is they generally do not want to pay for the quality they always complain is lacking. You cater to a niche market with very limited demand vs the size of the whole produce market. Are you going to pay me 5x for outperforming you?

There is no way I'm gonna get $500/oz for fire while $100/oz mids are the norm...Your crazy
Not sure what you were trying to get at at all, but the niche market its where its at for any small farm no matter what your growing, and I absolutely get 4-5× grocery prices at farmers market all day haha and when bud it 2 buck a gram from phillip morris, people will definately pay 10 a gram for real herb. Your prices are way off for sure once things go legit. You probably right of folks were to continue growing commercial cannabis like commercial flowers, but thats definately not going to be the case. The big farms will be planting acres and using traditional farm equipment and when people start growing herb as an agriculture product and not as a horti product prices will bottom and its going to be waaaay less than 100 and oz. Idk like I said they can have it ill grow my own.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

And this is the reason the corporate world maintains a majority of the market share.
Your fuckin greedy!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts