What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Illinois expands medical!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
state legislators in Illinois overwhelmingly (and bipartisanly) expanded medical access in that state. you will no longer wait 4 months to be okayed for meds, no background check for criminal charges, and cannabis okay to substitute for pain medications. now, the population holds its breath to see if Governor signs it or spits in their face...

hamstring

Veteran
Armedoldhippy

I read that too.

Is there something that calls out what "pain" is allowed to be treated?

Is it still the very limited list of maladies that were originally covered?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Armedoldhippy

I read that too.

Is there something that calls out what "pain" is allowed to be treated?

Is it still the very limited list of maladies that were originally covered?

from what i read, it is allowing anyone with pain meds to supplement them with cannabis regardless of the condition. looks to me like anyone with common sense (NOT drug company sales people) would WANT you to toss your pills for something safer. :tiphat:

hamstring

Veteran
hey brother I havn't heard anything about the governor looking at this yet have you?

I recently took a new job and no drug test at least so far. I interviewed and basically verbally accepted another job before accepting this one and guess what they didnt drug test either.

I don't know if its because I'm so damn old or if its true that companies have been skiping the drug tests because its so damn hard to get good people.

I quite smoking for 10 weeks. I havn't quit smoking for one day in 25 years but I was looking to go in a new direction after 20 yrs at the same company.

Did you happen to see 60 minutes last night WOW!! Its been awhile since they did any reporting worth a shit but this one blew me away. We are moving to a plutocracy and the new leader is driving the Uhaul. Well I guess all of our leaders are.

Big pharma dont like MJ thats for sure. To easy and cheap to produce the meds.