What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Look what I found in my garage!

Samuel Caldwell

My wife and I were cleaning out our garage last Sunday and look what we found! We just bought the house last fall and it's got lots of old garage junk (oil, paint cans, shingles, etc...) that we hauled out. I moved a pile of boards from a back corner and couldn't believe my eyes.

An old G Graphics bong! Classic! The house I lived in back in college had a red one just like this! Huge score! :D

picture.php

View image in gallery

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah very nice....but I would give it a good thorough clean-up first before hitting it, just in case some nasty bacteria has been hiding out inside it.

mayorofthdesert

i was remodeling a flipper house & owner said i could keep anything i wanted from the attic. got a bunch of cool vintage stuff including a box of stoner goodies: pipes, bongs, fancy roach clips etc... seemed like early 70's gear

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
oh man, the memories! i remember when acrylic was king
what a sweet score,man!
how tall is that bad boy?

/flips over the record and adjusts the antenna on the tv

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, all! She's 24" of old school acrylic!

First thing I did (after dumping out some dead bugs) was soak it with alcohol and give it a scrubbing. I'll inspect it closely before we attempt to use it.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, all! She's 24" of old school acrylic!

First thing I did (after dumping out some dead bugs) was soak it with alcohol and give it a scrubbing. I'll inspect it closely before we attempt to use it.

Cool find but...

I’m pretty sure you just ruined that bong.
If I recall correctly acrylic & alcohol don’t mix. Alcohol causes stress fractures in the acrylic.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Cool find but...

I’m pretty sure you just ruined that bong.
If I recall correctly acrylic & alcohol don’t mix. Alcohol causes stress fractures in the acrylic.
Acrylic is a huge family of plastics, some are weak to alcohol and some aren't. If he comes back to a leaking mess he knows which one it is :D

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I'm hitting a 3-footer from 1987 right now yet still remember the instructions said no alcohol.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
show how does she smoke?!
we used to have a couple bowls we would use, a small one hitter and the larger party bowl
/i wonder how hard it would be to get one of those now?

Samuel Caldwell

We fired her up this weekend!

Since we found her in the garage we thought it was fitting to have our first session with her in the garage. She only takes a small amount of water and then I filled her tube with ice cubes, like we used to do in college. We both had a couple bowls and then brought her inside for a couple more.

She hits big and full and easy. I smoked two bowls from her this morning and even without the added ice she's nice and smooth. I'm thrilled that we found her!

My original plan was to buy a nice glass piece to celebrate moving into our new home but now I don't have to. This is even better. :biggrin:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
that is so cool man, i remember ice bongs
/i also remember smoking in garages, out back or on the sides of the house, anyplace where you wouldent be found out
sounds like a nice smoking piece and i hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of er'
/its like the house gave you a welcome gift

Samuel Caldwell

that is so cool man, i remember ice bongs
/i also remember smoking in garages, out back or on the sides of the house, anyplace where you wouldent be found out
sounds like a nice smoking piece and i hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of er'
/its like the house gave you a welcome gift

Exactly! And it's the perfect gift!

R

Rubber Chicken

Wow, it's like artifact from past or something like that. I would happy if somebody present me such stuff.

I seen a story the other day that a child found an old Lynyrd Skynyrd (however it's spelled) cassette in the dirt somewhere....

He showed his parents and asked if it was a relic from the civil war? :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts