What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats wrong with this? Help..

Packer420

Grown in soilless mox with perlite
Temps 29ish
Humidity 70
Fed organic every 2 weeks
Light distance following mars hydro
Water when dry
Suddeny leaves seemed dry, yellowing and lower leaves curling down which is progressing up layer by layer..
Adjusted light distance..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 20

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
are you adjusting the pH of your water to 6-6.5?

They don't look bad just maybe you are letting them dry out a bit too much or the pH is swinging a bit much and a bit of an NPK imbalance is starting.

Also your temps are on the high side which may be causing a bit of stress.

How good is your air turnover in that space?

Packer420

No im not i let the water sit then use it when i make organic tea. Also my exhaust is just an 4" inline fan connected to a duct venting outside window. Very ghetto i should say. New grower. I should invest in a dehumidifier im thinking or a better exhaust fan first when i can afford asap!!

Packer420

You think so? I fed after the 3rd veggin week every 2 weeks. For those pics just plain water, molasses and fish emulsion coz i was still veggin'. Since i flipped already last sunday i fed with half doses of calcibloom, bat guano and ffj together still with molasses and half doses fish emulsion. And i doing it right? Thanks!

MrBungle

Maybe every 2 weeks was good when they were younger, but as they get bigger/ older they have more needs... Try feeding every other watering. Also try to water slightly before they are bone dry....

Keep up the good work!

Packer420

Here is how they look tonight. That plant is the first pic on tHe leftest hand side. Hope she recover. Thanks for the tips and will be more of observing than just scheduled feeds since i must get used to this strain first as well. This is an f2 from nirvana's master kush x desconicida kush.

Attachments

• IMG_1986.jpg
    IMG_1986.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 15

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
sounds like you have good things going in they do just look a bit underwatered stress to me and I'd give them a bit more N i think, Idk about other peoples opinions. Your ducting should be totally fine by the sounds of it, you are ducting out a window which is great.

Packer420

Thanks for the tips men! I guess you were right coz i was worrying too much of the humidity being high due to a need of a better air circulation so i might be watering and feeding a little too less worrying of increasing more the humidity when watering consequently these plants being thirsty.

al70

Veteran
if you're not growing outdoors naturally, the way they should grow, you've gotta take in a lot more factors,, P H most important when feeding, humidity, when in flower must be adjusted, air flow above and below, essential, they look ok, but i don't understand those LEds yet, goodluck.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
when you water them how light are the pots?

how much are you giving each plant when you water them?

I think you are better off chancing that the genetics can hack high humidity than you are holding back the watering can with cannabis, it grows too fast (or needs to) and needs good food going through her regularly.

An issue can be that with some LEDs, especially the blurples, lack of significant far IR and heat the plants or roots don't drink as fast which is a bummer in some ways as the plants can't go from being completely thirsty to watered within a day cycle which they like as it allows for good oxygenation without much or any stress.

Next time get a white spectrum led light like a COB or quantum board, you can get one these lights that are 1/3 the wattage of the Mars if you wanted and it would out perform it in every way and produce less heat.

I use various LEDs now and CMHs but would say I think based on what ive seen I would rather go back to CFLs watt for watt than battle against a Mars LED.. I found the Advanced LED too subpar to not send back after a three month test grow and they are supposed to be kinda the "dogs bollocks" in blurple compared to Mars LED even though they are originally probably made in the same factory.

Packer420

if you're not growing outdoors naturally, the way they should grow, you've gotta take in a lot more factors,, P H most important when feeding, humidity, when in flower must be adjusted, air flow above and below, essential, they look ok, but i don't understand those LEds yet, goodluck.

Thanks a lot!! Definitely on the list for ph kit, dehumidifer and a better exhaust. With the essentials i know it could only get better! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Packer420

when you water them how light are the pots?

how much are you giving each plant when you water them?

I think you are better off chancing that the genetics can hack high humidity than you are holding back the watering can with cannabis, it grows too fast (or needs to) and needs good food going through her regularly.

An issue can be that with some LEDs, especially the blurples, lack of significant far IR and heat the plants or roots don't drink as fast which is a bummer in some ways as the plants can't go from being completely thirsty to watered within a day cycle which they like as it allows for good oxygenation without much or any stress.

Next time get a white spectrum led light like a COB or quantum board, you can get one these lights that are 1/3 the wattage of the Mars if you wanted and it would out perform it in every way and produce less heat.

I use various LEDs now and CMHs but would say I think based on what ive seen I would rather go back to CFLs watt for watt than battle against a Mars LED.. I found the Advanced LED too subpar to not send back after a three month test grow and they are supposed to be kinda the "dogs bollocks" in blurple compared to Mars LED even though they are originally probably made in the same factory.

I water when like 4" dry and until a see a run off, but honestly not all the tike for the run off. When feeding i make a tea and water 3 cups a pot with just molasses and fish emulsion. Id water more and control the humidity?

I should invest asap for a better exhaust 6" compared to my 4" for a 2 x 4. And another fan or a better one i believe.

I didnt know much about leds after using cfl's so i ende up with Mars. They also have COB. What COB do you use?

Packer420

Would heat stress or yeah any stress cause hermies? Yes. Okay i answered me question! Damn gotta fix this asap! ������������

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I'd say heat stress and root binding are the top two causes of hermies.. you need to keep temps below 82F through out and humidity nice and high in veg 60-70%..

Too hot and dry and the plant will eventually close it's stomata and start to look anaemic as calcium, Boron, zinc, iron, sulphur and molybdenum deficiencies retards growth more.. in flower remember that the canopy is well drier and hotter than anywhere else and that's where your prized tops are.

Packer420

I'd say heat stress and root binding are the top two causes of hermies.. you need to keep temps below 82F through out and humidity nice and high in veg 60-70%..

Too hot and dry and the plant will eventually close it's stomata and start to look anaemic as calcium, Boron, zinc, iron, sulphur and molybdenum deficiencies retards growth more.. in flower remember that the canopy is well drier and hotter than anywhere else and that's where your prized tops are.

For sure im goibg over the temps and humidity. Ordered one of the small dehumidifiers portable for a quick fix and need to invest for a proper inline fan maybe one of those 4" inlines in amazon could do the trick. But need to think of a way to lower temps without an ac. Also need some ph kits. Damn gotta have all the basics but yeah slowly.

Thanks as always as it can only get better every grow!

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Imo your biggest problem heat wise is probably how inefficient the Mars lights are which must be kicking 60-70% of its wattage out as heat rather than PAR which really makes them in the range of HPS for wasted energy.

These days because I've got a few COBs running in and around CMH I use one of those INKBIRD temperature sensors/controllers to switch off the COBs when the temp hits 27C (82F) once it's lowered 1.5C I have it switch em back on.

You could always air cool something, the hoods aren't that expensive and you could do a CMH in there.. But these aren't the cheapest options..

I couldn't agree more though, everyone starts somewhere and you build and build with every grow. unless you're super lucky and just stick a seed in soil outside and have perfect luck doing nothing.

If you can train your plants very low and horizontal that will keep them even further from the heat but with the Mars you probably can't get the penetration without having it pretty close.

Latest posts

Latest posts