What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3+lbs per 1000 watts? 1.6g per watt. Anyone?

BongFu

Although his numbers may seem high, I find them believable for what he is doing. Those who don't should check out D9's thread. One plant, one light and getting 16lbs per plant.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=336515&page=110

Good to see he at least understands to net them out and spread the canopy as evenly as possible. Don't know if you have ever seen what an outdoor ten pounder looks like but you are talking trees at least 5 times the size of those plants. No way on Earth do any of those plants look anywhere near 10 lb let alone 16 lb

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Thats total bud weight after trimming wet not dryed.

just to clarify for new folks that's 19.6 of fresh, wet, individual florets. the buds were completely taken apart for extraction. so that means no stems and no fans. unless you are growing monsters this container is overkill. we were getting 15-17 lbs from most strains in the regular version.

those that said i would end up using two screens were right. yields went up when we began double netting.

BongFu

Thats total bud weight after trimming wet not dryed.

Ah so that explains that. Massive difference between 16 wet and 16 properly dried. So roughly 3 pounds . More than doable and it does look like a good grow by someone who knows what they are doing. Generally speaking the big plant boys will net out at least once but even wiser is two to even 3 net layers. Point being our man pro gro didn't even seem to understand the inverse sqaure law and the importance of scrogging large plants.

BongFu

A regular on heavy T grow show says he grew a 4.2 lb plant.

You can produce more than that on an indoor plant. It all comes down to lighting (number of lights/wattage, interlighting) and veg time along with netting out to maximise the canopy for indoor purposes. I've heard of people producing 8lb on an indoor plant (and believe it) but the cycle time was long and there were numerous lights. Fact is if a set of genetics is capable of producing 10 outdoors its doable indoors also - it all depends on a bunch of things. My point though is pro gro just didn't look like a pro grower. More like a hype merchant with a big name but without the skills to back it. Unfortunately we never got to see the end result.

jidoka

2824ABC7-7502-48E2-AC79-DC303C16E6F8.jpg

Not quite 3/light. This is my argument

BongFu

View attachment 480543

Not quite 3/light. This is my argument

This thread is kind of nice and polite now. Now that everyone isn't telling pro gro he's a no go that is:) I miss the point here though re this is your argument. No argument from me or as far as I can see anyone else. I guess my point is 3 elbows per plant really doesn't impress me until all the variables (light numbers and wattage and type, genetics and sure the area used to produce the poundage) are fully outlined. 3 lb under a 1000 though is very doable. Personally though I'd rather do multiples of smaller plants in an M2 area and pull crops more quickly (less veg time) while producing the same weight per crop as larger plants produce in the same M2 area but takes heaps longer to complete a cycle. Big plants that take ages to grow out just don't seem like good economic planning. Save the monsters for outdoors.

No one said it isn't doable. It's just the way the OP comes in pretending its no big thing to hit those numbers and none of his pics or technique add up to hitting those yields. Experienced guys can see it from a mile away but when he gets support from newer growers it ends up contributing to all the misinformation already out there. Don't believe anyone's numbers unless you're watching them harvest/trim/weigh. It's 99.9% BS

Back to positivity.. That room is packed jidoka! Can't believe that didn't hit 3#
I've heard the best way to hit numbers is to pack the room wall to wall like that.

What strain?

BongFu

No one said it isn't doable. It's just the way the OP comes in pretending its no big thing to hit those numbers and none of his pics or technique add up to hitting those yields. Experienced guys can see it from a mile away but when he gets support from newer growers it ends up contributing to all the misinformation already out there. Don't believe anyone's numbers unless you're watching them harvest/trim/weigh. It's 99.9% BS

Back to positivity.. That room is packed jidoka! Can't believe that didn't hit 3#
I've heard the best way to hit numbers is to pack the room wall to wall like that.

What strain?

No agree there. Pro Gro got it mixed up. His name should have been No Go. All Blow.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
1.6gpw is attention grabbing, but ultimately it's whatever you want it to mean.

I get 1gpw consistently. I also loose 90-92% in water weight. I can literally weigh it wet and give you the dry weight. I'm to believe from books that 80% loss is more normal, so I should be at 2gpw. I just doubled my result, going from my dry to that of someone else.

So, I have my 1gpw, and your getting 0.8gpw. So I'm beating you right? Well, no. Maybe I was in flower for 12 weeks, and you were out in 8. I took 50% longer. I should have 1.2gpw to equal your 0.8gpw.

gpw is a pretty pointless yard stick. Other important variables like space and quality are also ignored. Making the figure less and less important all the time.

grams per kilowatt hour is the measure. That is how much you grew, with how much electricity.

I take 1 meter, and stick 600w over it. That is 0.6 units per hour of electricity. The unit in question, is the kilowatt (per) hour.

I run my light, 20/4 for about 2 weeks. A bit longer actually, but it starts off at 250, so I'm rounding the figures. that's our 0.6kwh for 20 hours a day, for 14 days. That is 168kwh used so far.

Than I have 7-8 weeks of 12/12 which is another 403kwh.

I have used a total of 571kwh so I want 20oz to hit that 1 gram per kwh. This math is needed to calculate commercial viability.

If I tell you my g/kwh figure, then you can compare our grows. If I tell you my g/watt, please look interested, but you can't use such a measure competitively. It's unscientific

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Next u should figure in cost of everything else. Soil, nutes, amendments,etc. Everything down to scissors to containers to your labor. Then growers can compare who did it more cost effective.

insomniac_AU

At the end of the day the only people who care about weight are people growing for money. Personally I could care less about the weight. It's all about quality, taste and potency. If you're growing for yourself which would you rather have? Pounds and pounds of so so weed or 10 zips of primo lovingly home grown dank? BTW I'm not implying this crop was so so, I don't know. I'm just agreeing that it's a worthless measuring stick on many levels.

MD84

I don't consider a good grower someone who can only pull weight. Your harvest looks nice but the quality looks poo. I know a number of guys who pull weight but i wouldn't smoke their PK kush if you paid me. I'm afraid only noobs are impressed by weight and those who have yet to understand what real growing is. Not having a go but that's just how it is. ATB with your future grows

BongFu

At the end of the day the only people who care about weight are people growing for money. Personally I could care less about the weight. It's all about quality, taste and potency. If you're growing for yourself which would you rather have? Pounds and pounds of so so weed or 10 zips of primo lovingly home grown dank? BTW I'm not implying this crop was so so, I don't know. I'm just agreeing that it's a worthless measuring stick on many levels.

Unfortunately a lot of commercial growers in Au only give a shit about weight which is why so many scum bags grow with PGRs still in Australia. Awesome stuff for a loser. A crap grower may get 10 - 20% more weight but they get 30 - 40% less THC and other essential oils. At the end of the day I guess as long as growing a plant is criminalized there will be a lot of growers who seek to maximise weight over quality in the interests of risk against profits and unfortunately for many that is economic sense. I just personally hope after this thread has dragged on and on that out master grower Pro Gro No Go finally posts a pic:biggrin:

jidoka

Or, and this is more likely, big scale growers may have learned more than you ever will. So not only do they stomp you on yield but they also stomp you on quality.

If no show your thca and terpene numbers

BongFu

Or, and this is more likely, big scale growers may have learned more than you ever will. So not only do they stomp you on yield but they also stomp you on quality.

If no show your thca and terpene numbers

If that is meant for me all I can say is did calling PGR growers scum bags offend you? I aren't too bother with having to prove anything. I'm not the one making big claims. :woohoo:

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
You don't have to fall short of 1g/kwh to get a good product.

We all have our version of good, but the commonly measured virtues are available at most seed stores. Lets take the big one first. THC. While a couple of 30%+ strains exists, anything in the 20s can be thought of as strong. 25% would be impossible to call sub-par. CBD comes in next, and while some are claiming 4%, most are under 2%. So 2% is strong. If a plant could be both 25% and 2% at the same time, that would surely be potent weed. Such plants exist, available from the usual outlets for all to buy. With flowering times of 8 weeks, and yields of 1g/kwh.

To the people thinking a 1g/kwh grower must have an inferior product, I direct the question "what are you growing" Because I know I could grow something half the weight, taking twice as long, and still not get through that glass ceiling that was only 20% higher anyway. A ceiling very few plants are reaching anyway.

I have tried a few seeds claiming 800-1000g per meter, and frankly they were just weight. Not as much weight as advertised either. As you should expect seeing such claims. Lots of 500-650 plants win a cup though. It's about the peak weight for good weed. Higher is cattle feed, and lower needs a good explanation why.

1g/kwh is the sweet spot. Not the highest achievable. Here we find fast plants with 20%+thc and flavours. The Stuff Amsterdam coffee shops like to carry. Names that people like to talk about.

Latest posts

Latest posts