What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Pictures of guerilla grows, and pictures of Monster outdoor plants begs the question...

Are you better off growing 50 gorilla style with minimal babysitting, or 5 in well prepared holes and tended to regularly?

Yield?
Taste?

Easy7

Veteran
The theory of growing in my mind is don't invest much in soil. The soil around here is pretty darn good. Why haul in peat moss?

From a profit perspective or net gain, the fact is very little can yield a lot.

Unless you will reuse the soil there is not much point in putting all that work and cash into it. There simply isn't enough gain to justify all of that work and money.

It makes the most sense to scatter plants around and not in any one area. Just keep them healthy and they do really well. If ya lose some than that is a security issue, not a profit issue. It's already so gainful.

Minerals are already in the earth/soil. They take a lot of time to become depleted. There may be a lot of NPK there as well. Spots I've tested are usually extremely high in potassium. So you can check that off your list of money to waste thinking it will magically be better bud. The market doesn't even work on who's got the greatest bud. It's not the key point. The key point of sales is ego and hustle, it's a game. A game I don't get involved in but was a consumer.

Also you don't really want people talking about how great your smoke is. That's a security issue. Or how horrible it is. Just general smoke that isn't much to get everyone all wet in the panties.

St. Phatty

It depends a heck of a lot on the water situation.

And on the visibility from the air situation.

Also whether it's flat or on a hill-side.

'Boogieman'

I personally prefer growing fewer larger plants, I grow about 6-7 large plants but i don't grow large plants like cali I like 1-2lb plants or really a 10lb goal.

Where i live if someone finds a plant they will tear up the place for miles so its better to have fewer spots however the choppers seem to look in cornfields instead of openings in the woods full of thorn brambles. We have more cornfields than anything else and people often just run out and plant on the edges and hope for the best but it keeps them busy in the cornfields so I risk growing larger plants out in the bramble patches.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I think corn fields are stupid. They stick out like a sore thumb. If the cops don't find it, it turns out to be silage so it gets cut down by the farmer mid august. Only a seed crop is spared. Out here, everyone has a drone so there goes another patch. The only place left is the forest.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
What size holes does everyone dig in respect to how long they veg for and the plant size they're going for?

This year I plan on using a 3x12 inch bulb auger with a cordless drill to dig 7x7 inch holes. I'm just trying to get a lot of holes dug with minimal work.

Last edited:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
How many holes you get off of one battery with that?? I was considering getting me a good drill auger

Some holes are going in nice forest humus, so it's not compact at all. Others are going in a raspberry field and some bordering wetlands with a thick layer of sod.

I'm using an 18v Dewalt drill and I have 2 extra batteries.

I did a test last year with 1 fully charged battery and dug 50 holes in the forest in about 30 minutes with no apparent slowdown. I could have put in another 50 I think. I hit some smaller roots but plowed through them no problem, and went around the big ones.

The raspberry patch was just as easy, or easier, but I came out all scratched to shit. Thank god for dry runs. lol

Bordering the wetlands, breaking through the sod was tough. I could dig deep no problem, but chewing the earth sideways was a huge chore, so those holes might not be as wide as I want, but good enough.

I was working hard and fast to mimic the real time planting of a guerilla grow, but the adrenaline might make the work easier. lol

I kept the drill on Medium speed to preserve battery life and it seems to work better than on High or Low. In the sod, I had the drill on bull Low. Lot's of power but slower. I found kneeling (Mental Note: Bring garden knee pads!) and putting the drill between my thighs saved me from breaking a wrist when I hit a root or something.

I plan on doing a few hundred. So I think a couple batteries should do it, but I'll bring a third just in case. Worst case, I'll have to recharge them and go back, but I don't think it'll be necessary. My batteries are 3-4 years old. New batteries should last longer.

I'm using a short auger, but I might change to a longer one so I don't have to kneel. Mind you it's all about being hidden, so kneeling might not be a bad thing. Even if I'm supposed to be far from anyone.

Do a tests in May before you go out. At the very least, you'll have some predrilled holes :)

Hoypare.

We grow in cities,so we find plots and fill them to the brim,works for us.
picture.php

View image in gallery

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Holy fuck! lol.

Then I'm only planting a town :)
If it turns out anything like your's, I'm fucked because I have no idea where to unload a stash like that.

I have a childhood friend retailer/wholesaler who said he wants it, but that's a shit load of weed. lol

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I wish I had room like that in my town! I do have a small plot down the street from where I live but nothing like that!

'Boogieman'

I think corn fields are stupid. They stick out like a sore thumb. If the cops don't find it, it turns out to be silage so it gets cut down by the farmer mid august. Only a seed crop is spared. Out here, everyone has a drone so there goes another patch. The only place left is the forest.

I agree, here they chop the cornfields usually mid october but they still stick out if you plant in the field like you said. Most people I know plant on the edges in the irrigation ditches and many pull it off if they don't go to big.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I agree, here they chop the cornfields usually mid october but they still stick out if you plant in the field like you said. Most people I know plant on the edges in the irrigation ditches and many pull it off if they don't go to big.

Ditches are great spots. Some here are 14 feet deep.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I have dreamed a dream

I have dreamed a dream

A while ago I asked if it was better to do many forest gorillas, or several well tended plants.
The answer came to me in my sleep: Do many well tended forest gorillas! :tiphat:

My Heating pad for the greenhouse (electric blanket).
picture.php

NL and GG4 Seedlings
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts