What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Garage 8kw DEVA's, 54k btu, 32 plant, Ebb buckets coco top feed dtw

p0opstlnksal0t

In my 10'x20' insulated room within an attached garage, I've decided to go with 8x Revolution Micro DEVA lights, an RLC1 controller. 54k btu worth of senville 22.5 seer mini split heat pumps. I have an 18 site ebb n flow active aqua grow flow 7 gallon system I plan on modifying for top feed. Ill buy a few more add on bucket kits to get my 4 plants per light. I will run the bottom flood/drain lines out of the garage and bury them then splice into my basement drain line. This will be a dtw system.

At a future time I'll build out a second 10x20 room next to this one with the same setup and flip flop them.

I'll probably find a 250g tote for my res and keep it outside of the room. I'll need to figure out a way to keep it from freezing up in cold months. How cold can my reservoir nuts be without hurting the plants?

Room updates:
16x 1kw DE's, ive since ditched the Revolution Micro DEVA lights, they are junk and do not hold up in a humid grow room environment. the boards are exposed to the air and they arent sealed at all. cheap chinese DE ballasts have lasted far longer. ive also added 8 tons of Senville mini splits and moved to dosatron water feeds.

Last edited:

p0opstlnksal0t

Orders placed for equipment. Should all be delivered by Sept 8th. I close on our house the 5th so ground will be breaking that weekend. I'm just hoping to get ideas and suggestions from my icmag bro's before I start the build.

Asslover

Veteran
Been running coco dtw in ebb and grow buckets for years now. Dialed, it is as simple and effective as it gets. Check my album..

p0opstlnksal0t

Asslover, What is your watering timing during flower? How many gallons of nute water do you burn through a week for how many plants? Do you have a grow log on here? Thanks

B RABB

dont really run ebb and flow but i gotta buddy about start so very interested.What about a chiller, or is it not needed?

p0opstlnksal0t

I will probably need a submersible heater for winter and a chiller for summer. Ideally I'd like to keep my res around 68 degrees

Desert Hydro

Veteran
been waiting to see someone use those DEVA's! i really wanna switch next run. if the budget approves i will get 12 after this run and then 12 more for my other room after that run. i look forward to seeing your results. ive been in contact with the owner and he has 1000W CMH bulbs coming out this month i think as well as air cooling kits for the DEVAs in the near future but no date confirmed. really nice, knowledgeable guy

B RABB

How you route that chiller to that setup like where to put in and out lines? Im guessing res but will a pump run dry or no?

p0opstlnksal0t

been waiting to see someone use those DEVA's! i really wanna switch next run. if the budget approves i will get 12 after this run and then 12 more for my other room after that run. i look forward to seeing your results. ive been in contact with the owner and he has 1000W CMH bulbs coming out this month i think as well as air cooling kits for the DEVAs in the near future but no date confirmed. really nice, knowledgeable guy

These lights really do look like the tits. Just their compact nature allowing them to hug the cieling, the non existent rfi, and hardwired controller all sealed the deal for me. I don't want my lights broadcasting a wireless signiture across the town. I managed to score them for 430.00 shipped which is cheaper than I can find anywhere else

p0opstlnksal0t

How you route that chiller to that setup like where to put in and out lines? Im guessing res but will a pump run dry or no?

The chiller will be simple, I'll have the chiller and the small submersible pump to feed it set on a thermostat, when water gets too hot both flip on, when it gets cool enough they flip off.

B RABB

yea i understood that process just not the routing of the lines from chiller, like will your pump be in res and just route it back into res? or will it be elsewhere?

Asslover

Veteran
Asslover, What is your watering timing during flower? How many gallons of nute water do you burn through a week for how many plants? Do you have a grow log on here? Thanks

"Generally" i water twice a day for about 5 minutes each time. I have 8 plants per rez, a 55 gal drum. A rez will last a full seven days.
Sometimes when i first put them into flower they're not takling two waterings years so ill only give them one, in which case the rez last twice as long ;)
No grow log, just he pics in my album. I used to Mod here under a diff nic and had a few grow logs from then but since that nic was deleted I don't know how to find them...

Asslover

Veteran
Unless your rez(s) are located in a hot room, imho chillers aren't needed because you're running to waste. Mine are in the veg room ( a hose goes through the wall into the flower room) and it stays at 80 degrees in the room so my water isn't cool at all. The roots will get all the air needed from the atmosphere.
Chillers certainly won't hurt/hinder, but not necessary in dtw. Deep water, etc, chillers are nearly a must.
Mind you, I'm in Florida :blowbubbles:

p0opstlnksal0t

The chiller will only be added next year during summer if it's needed. Most of the time I'll need a submersible heater to keep the res from freezing and keep the temp above 62 degrees.

The res will be located in the uninsulated part of the garage so it could see freezing temps in winter and 90+ degrees in summer

B RABB

Unless your rez(s) are located in a hot room, imho chillers aren't needed because you're running to waste. Mine are in the veg room ( a hose goes through the wall into the flower room) and it stays at 80 degrees in the room so my water isn't cool at all. The roots will get all the air needed from the atmosphere.
Chillers certainly won't hurt/hinder, but not necessary in dtw. Deep water, etc, chillers are nearly a must.
Mind you, I'm in Florida :blowbubbles:
ok I gotcha now thanks for that