What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scrumpdilly Organico Soil Mix

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
so i will continue to log data here and post pics but if yall really want the full scope of my adventures check out freedom 35. link in my sig

guineapig

Veteran
Guinea Pig Guano is the only thing lacking. Seriously, the NPK ratio of guinea pig guano is almost ideal, very close to rabbit guano, and it really deserves further consideration.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
lol right? i have plans to start composting my bunny poop for top dressing. have yet to implement

Buckeyebandit

nameless. so if you were to grow outdoor would you change anything in your mix you posted or go with it like you have it in your first post? i only grow outdoors and looking for a good mix to try.

thanks in advance

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i wouldnt change a thing. mulch it good. im an indoor guy, but i have alot of confidence in this mix. ill be posting the final stuffs in here soon. first round came out amazing. flavor profiles are luxurious, weights were great, im very happy.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
this bed came in at 2.75# under 1500w. flavors are amazing. im very happy. more info going in here soon

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Guinea Pig Guano is the only thing lacking. Seriously, the NPK ratio of guinea pig guano is almost ideal, very close to rabbit guano, and it really deserves further consideration.

I just got 2 Guinea pigs for just this reason! There cute of course as well but year round droppings customizable by their given diet was irresistible. I got a spinner compost so its going to be super fast and should be done in a matter of weeks. 1 Month ago I got a worm bin going with 1000 red wigglers. Between these 3 home made year round sources I think Iv got a really got base for my mix.

Big change going from only ever bottled nutes of pure blend pro in pro mix!

PaulieWaulie

Veteran

I couldn't find any specific NPK info on Guinea Pig Guano. Just wondering do you know what it is?

I did find that rabbit manure is 2.4, 1.4, .60. I read overall for all plants the best is 3-1-2 . For cannabis maybe 3-2-2, a little more P for long flowering period. But it seems rabbit is still lacking in K and could use at least double that to be more balanced?

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Those are good numbers Nameless. I'm a huge fan of Coast of Maine soils and composts. They area easily some of the best you can buy.

-Funk

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
thanks boyd! not to toot my own horn but it is pretty amazing. ive put a couple rough looking plants into this mix and they rebound in a few days. i will be adding to this thread soon

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i purchased almost everything in 55# bags. including the base and compost the total was a bit over 800$ i think. i only used a small part of the amendments to make the 200 gal for the bed. some went into my outdoor garden and my parents and inlaws and friends gardens too. ive got about half of most things leftover still. the way i run my rooms that initial investment of 800$ would last me ten years easy if i didn't share or amend my outdoor garden. even if i re amended it every round instead of doing no till it would last a very long time. when you compare it to salt based ferts that can easily run into the hundreds of dollars per round its even more cost effective. not to mention the time and labor i save. food for thought to say the least!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
i started with a cootz/phillthy hybrid soil and kept adding to it for years and years. if you look in freedom 35 the bed my glue is in is that same dirt. i recycled it for a while (2011-2016) before going no till last year. talking about mixes being expensive, ive put a few grand easy into that dirt over the years.

wasgedn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
the way i run my rooms that initial investment of 800$ would last me ten years easy if i didn't share or amend my outdoor garden. even if i re amended it every round instead of doing no till it would last a very long time. when you compare it to salt based ferts that can easily run into the hundreds of dollars per round its even more cost effective. not to mention the time and labor i save. food for thought to say the least!
word.................or should i say indeed...:)

best no till big containers period.....

pls forgive me but what will you do after retire?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]word.................or should i say indeed...:)

best no till big containers period.....

pls forgive me but what will you do after retire?

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

your looking at it!!!!

also, whatever else i feel like doing lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts