What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quantum Boards

morgandecaptain

Attachments

• IMG_20161118_182226.jpg
    IMG_20161118_182226.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20161118_184653.jpg
    IMG_20161118_184653.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 34
  • PSX_20161105_135241.jpg
    PSX_20161105_135241.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 28

BOBBY_G

Looks very good! I wonder how far down the light intensity goes compared to new gen COBs though.
they are equal to the best cobs in lumens per watt so intensity of these boards without optics vs vobs without optics is the same as they ahve the same ~120ish degree angle of illumination.

Koondense

Veteran
Not so sure about this.
Specs are not always 100%(on first sight these specs lie), also the emitting surface is higher, so intensity will be lower but better uniformity.

Dion

they are equal to the best cobs in lumens per watt so intensity of these boards without optics vs vobs without optics is the same as they ahve the same ~120ish degree angle of illumination.

no, wrong

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not sure I like spectrum for flower.. little more red needed in my opinion.. also no verification on actual unit as they can't get a sphere test because price, so we will never know true value most likely..

I think a step in the right direction.. if that was my panel I would add some 660, but I don't know much... been out of the loop forever

sure as hell would be a killer veg panel.. excited to see what it does. I'm sure none the les sit's efficient as hell, as is nice to see the plants under

maybe I'm picky but I like my lights with wifi and shit inside now.. come on we are in the tech age

morgandecaptain

not sure I like spectrum for flower.. little more red needed in my opinion.. also no verification on actual unit as they can't get a sphere test because price, so we will never know true value most likely..

I think a step in the right direction.. if that was my panel I would add some 660, but I don't know much... been out of the loop forever

sure as hell would be a killer veg panel.. excited to see what it does. I'm sure none the les sit's efficient as hell, as is nice to see the plants under

maybe I'm picky but I like my lights with wifi and shit inside now.. come on we are in the tech age

It's a work in progress and they plan on a sphere test in the next week or two.

not sure I like spectrum for flower.. little more red needed in my opinion.

I agree with this, the spectrum in flower that i prefer is not there. I'll be passing on this company. Their are others out there, very competitive space with this technology thats manifesting in the LED lighting area.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

It amazes me how people still believe 660 is important. Reminds me of blurple acolytes

630 is far more efficient and does 95% of what 660 does.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with this, the spectrum in flower that i prefer is not there. I'll be passing on this company. Their are others out there, very competitive space with this technology thats manifesting in the LED lighting area.

They're working on increasing spectrum choices. In the mean time, a small grower can start with what's available, then later get a more flower friendly panel. That said, as usual, CptM has crushed it with their current panels

Koondense

Veteran
These quantum panels seem to be great, just seen a bit of growmau5 live video and his naw light looks amazing.
Too bad it's all happening on US soil, so we, the other world, can just look and clean our saliva :)

I'm glad the led lights keep evolving, yet the cxbs and other cobs still rock.

morgandecaptain

Day 56 chop.

Attachments

• IMG_20170210_161829.jpg
    IMG_20170210_161829.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20170210_161900.jpg
    IMG_20170210_161900.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20170210_162055.jpg
    IMG_20170210_162055.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 16
remember emerson used 630 660 and 715nm in unison and was surprised to find a final overall weight, consistently.......
that said emmersons effect really has never been documented in cannabis and barring that even similar phenotypes have differet lighht requirements....let alone an opinion genus wide......and it sure hasnt ever been correlated to C3 / C4 status....which would make some important headway imho.

@petflora

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
remember emerson used 630 660 and 715nm in unison and was surprised to find a final overall weight, consistently.......
that said emmersons effect really has never been documented in cannabis and barring that even similar phenotypes have differet lighht requirements....let alone an opinion genus wide......and it sure hasnt ever been correlated to C3 / C4 status....which would make some important headway imho.

@petflora

Most DIYers are big on 660 using it exclusively for deep reds. As I pointed to, 660 is very inefficient (short life) and that 630 provides 95% of 660s benefit with a longer life and better efficiency

Now if one is adding them separately so that they can be replaced without tearing the rest of the panel apart, ok, but...

Latest posts

Latest posts