What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stardawg x Biker - Karma Genetics - Kalyx

Kalyx

Stardawg x Biker - Test Grow - First Update 5/10

Couldn't be happier to be running these seeds, this cross caught my eye and had me drooling with potential when I first heard it was in the making. Big thanks to Karma for everything and letting me runs these seeds. These plants will be part of my first cycle in my new grow.

Getting this grow started has been delayed a number of weeks longer than I wanted or expected. Things still are not completely finished with the build but all the hard work is done and the end is in sight. Its going to be a seed popping bonanza for me this 2015. I will be starting seeds in rounds at my new grow. The plan is 20 seeds give or take a round with about 3 weeks between rounds.

I plan to run these testers under a 1000w HPS next to some Headbangers that were started at the same time. I feel they should make a great pair of strains to run side by side. Im looking forward to seeing the similarities and differences between the 2. I feel the Stardawg x Biker will be more like a funky chemmed out Headbanger. Plus I have unfinished business with the Headbanger but more on that in my soon to be started Headbanger thread.

The Headbanger Grow Thread

Getting things started...

5/10 - I dropped 8x Stardawg x Biker seeds into a shot glass of water to begin germination.

5/11 - Incredibly fast germination, very fresh seeds. Within 12 hours 6 of 8 had cracked open with tails starting to pop out. Inside of 20 hours all 8 had dropped to the bottom of the shot glass with tails popping out. All 8 were planted into solo cups using my current soil mixture.

Soil Mixture - 1 part FoxFarm Ocean Forrest - 1 part FoxFarm Coco Loco - 1/2 part perlite - 1/4 part earthworm castings.

Not entirely sure yet but I will probably flower the ladies out in 5gal pots maybe 3 using the same soil mix. Its a mix I have recently started using and have been impressed with the results so far. It will make me more comfortable running a Tester strain with a medium Im familiar and comfortable with.

I will update and provide pictures once these babies all pop above ground.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Ollie

Veteran
Thanks for posting in Kalyx, this cross gonna put out something worthy !

Gonna be super to see how the SD turns out with some OG love.

Keep it going.

Bmac1

Veteran
AojCMCh.gif

Pulling up in the front row. Im really looking forward to this. Stardawg has had my interest for some time now and the Biker cross shouldnt hurt things. The Headbanger has been calling my name for a while too, cant wait to see what you do with those.

Best of luck.

B

Bob Green

SD x BK? Did he really just say that?

That sounds like it will be some great f-n Herb!

Gardening Angel

Veteran
Hey kalyx,

Nice one !

Looking forward to seeing this cross grow out looks like your first out of the start gate

Thanks
GA

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Brother K, you rock.

I am taking a seat for the show, some coffee, some dry screen, and some ButterFingers.

Let's Roll

nickman

Veteran
Brother K, you rock.

I am taking a seat for the show, some coffee, some dry screen, and some ButterFingers.

Let's Roll

Ilove me some butterfingers... Nobody better lay a finger on my butterfinger...lol. Haha... Remember that with Bart Simpson

Kalyx

@Ollie - Thanks for dropping in glad to have you aboard for the ride. This cross is going to put out the fire no doubt.

@Bmac1 - Always happy to have you along for the ride Bmac.
So excited for everything thats going to be popped this spring/summer at my new grow.
So many amazing genetics in the line up but these and the Headbangers have my attention the most.

@nickman - Its going to be fire fire fire.
It was the Simpsons that got me hooked on Butterfingers as a kid, I remember that well lol.

@Bob Green - Yes sir that is correct Stardawg x Biker Kush, and they are going to be bomb! I have such high expectations for these babies.

@Gardening Angel - Hey GA, hope you are keeping well?
This is going to be a fun grow. It does look like Im first out the gate even after being delayed a couple weeks getting them popped.
They are sure looking like they want to make up fort that lost time though.

@Karma G - Thanks Karma! Glad to have you along for this ride. Coffee, dry screen and butterfingers sounds like you are set.
Im getting ready for work this morning with a bowl and coffee, decided to check on the little ones and nearly spit my coffee all over the place.

Update 5/14 - Day 1 - Holy Crap These Babies Are Fast

Sorry no pictures for this update yet but I will get some taken and posted as soon as Im able, I have a busy day of work ahead of me though. I knew these and my Headbangers were good and fresh seeds with the speed they germinated and started popping tails out. I had no idea how fast these plants wanted to sprout and are the fastest plants to sprout I have ever grown.

Getting ready for bed last night (5/13 ) I go to check on all my newly sowed seeds. I wanted to check one last time to make sure everything was in order before bed. Im shocked to see that Stardawg x Biker #4, #5 and #7 phenos have all sprouted above ground. Less than 2 hours earlier I was in there tending and checking on things and nothing was above ground.

I wake up this morning (5/14) and groggily start getting ready for work, pack myself a bowl and grab a cup of coffee. I go to quickly tend to things before getting the shift started at work. I nearly spit up and spew my coffee all over the place when I see what happened in the garden over night.

Over the night phenos #2, #3, #6 and #8 have all sprouted above ground. As of now 7 of 8 are up about and above the ground, Im sure the last one, #1 will pop anytime now. It blows me away the speed at which they have sprouted all within 2 days of being put into soil. It appears a couple of my Headbangers are just starting to break ground but nothing else of the 21 total seeds popped for this first round have come up.

More updates and pictures coming soon.

nickman

Veteran
That's some speed there... That's one thing I've noticed about karma's seeds that I've grown... They were all quick to break ground... I guess that means their nice and fresh...!!!... I'm happy for you

Alpen rock

Subbed!
these are gonna be EPIC, mad genetics in the making, world class tester/reporter.:peacock:
Aint got no dry screen, but grabbin a strong coffee and a chunk of gooey floral morrocan for the show:biggrin:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Subbed......
I should be getting my testers today or tomorrow. Cant Wait!
Hot coffee foliar sprays in the morning will hurt your seedlings...LOL!

meltybubble

Showing up late as usual, really interested to see this grow.
I will be tagging along for the show, all the best with this brother.
Regards.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts