What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ice Cream (Paradise Seeds) New

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Twisted Metal Inspired me to also do a smoke report of Ice Cream by Paradise Seeds.

Ice Cream Genetics: [Ingemar's White Widow x Bubblegum]

A friend of mine grew Ice Cream, and I can say its one of the most exotic strains I've found, and I've tried a decent amount of strains. The potency is not lacking at all, I mean its no Headband or SSSDH , but its very strong, especially certain pheno's. There is something amazing and very appealing about the high that many other strains miss. It makes you feel internally balanced, in a way I have rarely felt. You feel very Zen like, as if you are going through-out the day in a state of focused and functional meditation. I've rarely had strains make me feel so centered in every-way. I call it Zen Buddah cannabis.

The taste is absolutely amazing. Many of the pheno's have a vanilla/strawberry smell and taste that is followed by that oh so amazing pine/Christmas tree taste. It is so good that I sometimes find myself picking it up to smoke for the taste over even the taste of OG Kush, although they are both great in their own respects.

Paradise's Ice Cream really holds its own all around. It is one of those strains that provides a type of high not many other strains have tapped into, and if I ever lost the ability to acquire it, it would feel like a big loss even if I could get other great strains.

I highly recommend people give Ice Cream a try, you may very likely never want to let go of it.

One of the members asked me to compare Ice Cream to Sour Diesel, Bubba, Trainwreck, and GDP:

Sour D: The person who grew it and I both agree Sour Diesel is better. I mean its sour diesel. However, SD has that amazing Chem '91 high which is the headier more energetic Chemdog expression. Ice cream is more centered than energetic and feels like waves of euphoric and relaxing pulses that slowly creep through your body. One thing that is similar is that both SD and Ice Cream put you in the best mood possible.

Bubba: We don't live in cali, but the Bubba we got is top notch herb. The ice cream is more like the Bubba high than the SD if you had to make such a large jump in comparison. It has more of a centered and focused high, which Bubba and OG kush have, although they are very very different. I could grab a bowl of Ice cream or Bubba and be just as happy with my choice though.

TW: It is not a head trip like trainwreck. The ice cream was definitely stronger than the Greenhouse Trainwreck he also grew. However, I've had some trainwreck's from cali that blew many strains out of the water. I would still prefer Ice Cream over 80% of the TW's I've had. Especially given its functionality. You are much more perceptive on Ice Cream than TW.

GDP: This is where the taste factors are close. I would say Ice Cream tastes as good as the GDP's and Urkles I've had. It has a similar fruity pebbles smell and taste but has that nice Pine/Christmas tree back-taste that is missing from the GDP's I've had. As far as the high goes, I would say Ice Cream and Urkle are hand in hand, While GDP isn't as strong given its Big Bud lineage.

(Updates) There are a lot more detailed descriptions in following posts that go deeper into each of the facets of Ice Cream as well as direct responses to other users questions and responses.

My friend recently sent over some of the 12/12 pictures in low res, which is all he had. They are around 3 Megapixels:

picture.php

Also, look how much snow covered resin she puts on during early flowering stages. If they were mountains you could almost go skiing on them.

picture.php

He had 3 pheno's with other strains grown under a single 1000w. A very small-time and strictly personal-intake grow where only two of the person's best friends get medication.

Pheno 1 Yielded - 2 oz a plant
Pheno 2 Yielded (Stinky Pink one) - 1 and 1/4 oz
Pheno 3 Yielded - 2 and 1/2 to 3 oz

=]

Bi0hazard
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Very nice detailed report brotha, your right people should try the cream. I will say that it could have been grown a little better. There is still i believe 7 phenos i haven't tried yet. The 2 best ones are long gone, which im very sad I didn't save any. When I get to try the others i will update my thread.

If your able to take some pics do so, cause i would love to see some dry shots. The thing is usually the buds are smoked before they even have a chance to cure, Im sure some of you can relate to that. Anyways thanks for the report mang, stay safe and happy smoking.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Anyone else try out Paradise Ice Cream.

I'm very interested in other peoples experiences with Ice Cream. Would also like to know about the different pheno expressions.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the info. I went and looked up this strain more it looks pretty fantastic.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Ya, it has one of the best tastes ever, one of the most centered and meditative highs and is pretty damn strong..

One of my top favorites.

ibjamming

Veteran
Ya, it has one of the best tastes ever, one of the most centered and meditative highs and is pretty damn strong..

One of my top favorites.

Does it compare to anything you've had before? I here Satori is pretty balanced too... I ask because I have some Satori coming...

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Does it compare to anything you've had before? I here Satori is pretty balanced too... I ask because I have some Satori coming...

I've tried Satori grown by a good friend of mine. It has a very clear high, that is balanced in the way that it has that sativa edge to it. It feels like it is almost racy, but as soon as you start thinking "This is kind of racy", you realize you are just on the brink of feeling racy and are actually quite relaxed. It actually had me re-evauating the same concept a couple times over the period i smoked it. I would find myself say: "Am I feeling too racy to go to a job? - oh wait, I'm just close to crossing that edge to unconformable raciness but never reach it, but I'm internally calm". Satori is a clean high, that achieves a balance that could be compared to balancing a car on the top of a pyramid. You are so close to a jack herer raciness you can taste it, but never rock over that ledge. I guess in this respect Satori is somewhat interesting.

However, all 3 of the Ice Cream phenos I got to try blow satori out of the water in my experience. It is a full balanced state, that taps into your creativity, centered mental state, and inner and outer clarity that I've rarely had present all in one strain.

There is something so all-embracing about the high of ice cream. Like those strains where you just get so lost in music, that the swaying of your head and tempo is the all-embracing phenomenon around you. However you are very aware of your environment and inner consciousness.

In contrast, the satori high only brushed the surface and felt like an energy kind of in the background, and didn't fully bring me into such a wonderful state of clarity, meditation and general well being that Ice cream does. Ice cream really blew me away, which not too many strains have.

But again, there are strains I would consider on the same level of connoisseurship as well as on a higher scale than Ice Cream - given increased potency or trippy qualities. For instance, headband diesel and some of the Fire OG cuts from cali are going to be stronger. However, the high they produce is again different and has much merit in their own respects.

I think all of those who give Ice Cream a try, will be blown away. I'm now interested in the whole Paradise Seeds collection. Prior to this I had only had durga Marta and Nebula which was so strong it was ridiculous. Nebula gave me one of my first and only weed hangovers. After only smoking about 1g over 4 blunts. I couldn't believe how strong it was.

Bi0hazard

ibjamming

Veteran
Bi0hazard,

How about Barneys Farm "LSD" it's got a good 5 leaf rating at "Attitude" and the description looks interesting.

Anyone try it? I'll have to look for a smoke report on it...

Thanks for all the replies...

Croissant

wow great smoke report!!

really hwat you got in there is whats missing from the standard template!

your sure you dont work for paradise....jk....

well anyway how does your ice cream stack up agaisnt the sour d , bubba, TW, and GDP in terms of quality of high, potency, and bag appeal....looks, smell

also how was the yeild

you know sometimes its hard to guage where something stands in the larger scheme of things but I think you know what i mean.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
wow great smoke report!!

really what you got in there is whats missing from the standard template!

well anyway how does your ice cream stack up agaisnt the sour d , bubba, TW, and GDP in terms of quality of high, potency, and bag appeal....looks, smell
also how was the yeild

Thanks a lot. I write smoke reports in the way that I would like to read about a strain. Heh, nope I don't work for paradise or any seedbank although I wish I did. That would be one of the best jobs in the world imo.

As far as comparing it to the list.

Sour D: The person who grew it and I both agree Sour Diesel is better. I mean its sour diesel. However, SD has that amazing chemdawg high with a nice energetic aura around it. Ice cream is more centered than energetic and feels like waves of euphoric and relaxing pulses that slowly creep through your body. One thing that is similiar is that both SD and Ice Cream put you in the best mood possible.

Bubba: We don't live in cali, but the Bubba we got is top notch herb. The ice cream is more like the bubba high than the SD if you had to make such a large jump in comparision. It has more of a centered and focused high, which Bubba and OG kush have, although they are very very different. I could grab a bowl of Ice cream or bubba and be just as happy with my choice though.

TW: It is not a head trip like trainwreck. The ice cream was definitely stronger than the Greenhouse Trainwreck he also grew. However, I've had some trainwreck's from cali that blew many strains out of the water. I would still prefer Ice Cream over 80% of the TW's I've had. Especially given its functionality. You are much more perceptive on Ice Cream than TW.

GDP: This is where the taste factors are close. I would say Ice Cream tastes as good as the GDP's and Urkles I've had. It has a similiar fruity pebbles smell and taste but has that nice Pine/Christmas tree back-taste that is missing from the GDP's I've had. As far as the high goes, I would say Ice Cream and Urkle are hand in hand, While GDP isn't as strong given its Big Bud lineage.

Ice Cream has the bag appeal of any of the strains mentioned above. Aside from some purple or blue Bubba Kush Phenos. lol

Yield wise. He had 3 pheno's with other strains grown under a single 1000w. A very small-time and strictly personal-intake grow where only two of his best friends get medication.

Pheno 1 Yielded - 2 oz a plant
Pheno 2 Yielded (Stinky Pink one) - 1 and 1/4 oz
Pheno 3 Yielded - 2 and 1/2 to 3 oz

My friend Just poped another 5 ice cream's (fems) so I'm excited to see the new variations it has to offer.

Always appreciate feedback, questions, and other peoples reviews on Ice Cream.

Bi0hazard

feltonmuggs

Would love some pics of all these various phenos.
Twisted Metal has some fantastic pics, K+++ for that my friend!

I very much enjoy the description you are giving Bi0hazard. I know exactly what you mean about both descriptions of satori and ice cream. Wish I could get my green fingers on some ice cream. Keep up the good work.

Good vibes, FM

Bi0hazard

Veteran
[UPDATE] Bud pics are in the first post.

FeltonMuggs,

Thanks for the kind words. I'll see if I can get him to send me a pic of some of the buds. He has one that has been curing for 3 months now. So it should be pretty damn sexy.

Also, I like the looks of your breeding project. Would like to get my hands on some Dyno Diesel and PurplePetro

Bi0hazard

Bi0hazard

Veteran
ibjamming,

I've heard that Barney's LSD is pretty strong, never tried it myself. However, it isn't the actual LSD strain that has been around for a while. BOG made the original and well known L.S.D by crossing LifeSaver x NYC Diesel, which is supposed to be out of control.

I highly recommend picking up some Karma or Top Dawg genetics. There are tons of great companies out there, I'm looking to dig deeper into Barney and DNA strains as well. But haven't had friends grow that many of them over the years.

But you can't go wrong with Karma or Top Dawg's genetics, that's for sure. Some of the most amazing strains I've come across.

Till next time,

Bi0hazard

Bi0hazard

Veteran
krunchbubble,

I highly recommend it. Every pheno I've seen has been fantastic. My friend is running low on his batch of Ice Cream, so I get a treat every week or so. Where I get to enjoy a nice bong session with him and the ice cream. While the trainwreck, Super Silver Haze and others come by a lot more frequently. They are starting to seem like filler. I'm going to tell him to make sure Ice Cream has a permanently place in his mom collection and is constantly being grown. heh. No more down time in between grows where the Ice Cream get's horded away from his friends.

S

SourDeezy

I poped a pack of 5 a couple years ago. My honest opinion is it's some kind of a Northern Lights hybrid. It yields unlike any plant other than afghan perhaps. Like you say it has an intense sativa buzz with out all of that paranoid bs. I had 2 distinct phenos. The first one was almost pure indica with absolutly no stretch on 12-12. The other one had the classic hybrid sativa/indica stucture going on. I would descibe the smell as a berry licorice flavor. Very cough-lock at 65 days. The only thing I didn't like is that it has an insane tolerance build up after a few days. Unlike most kushs.:yeahthats

Bi0hazard

Veteran
I poped a pack of 5 a couple years ago. My honest opinion is it's some kind of a Northern Lights hybrid. It yields unlike any plant other than afghan perhaps. Like you say it has an intense sativa buzz with out all of that paranoid bs. I had 2 distinct phenos. The first one was almost pure indica with absolutly no stretch on 12-12. The other one had the classic hybrid sativa/indica stucture going on. I would descibe the smell as a berry licorice flavor. Very cough-lock at 65 days. The only thing I didn't like is that it has an insane tolerance build up after a few days. Unlike most kushs.:yeahthats
Edit: With futher research and pheno exposure. SourDeezy could be right on about the partial Northern Lights background. It is amazing that many of the clumsy and cloudy headed effects of most of the northern lights I've had is not present. I'm all for strains that keep the anti anxiety and non rushed feeling, while removing the qualities that get in the way of utmost functionality. Thanks for your helpful input.

"umm.. Are you sure that was by Paradise seeds? The paradise seeds strain came out a year ago or so, and imo it doesn't feel like a northern lights background, but who knows. Just curious if there was another strain called ice cream a while back. The ice cream pheno's I tried didn't have any NL traits that I picked up on. I had absolutely no clumsiness, I could talk up a storm if needed (no detachment from my lexicon and mental faculties.) It is very well balanced as far as feeling centered and not rushed, while still very mentally active and creative. For some reason it seems Paradise keeps a lot of their genetics secret, but if I had to take a most likely inaccurate stab at what it feels like: I would say some Strawberry cough crossed with some OG Kush. It has the bud formation of much of the strawberry cough i've got and has that ultra sweet taste. It has this perfect in-the-zone feeling that I get from good og kushes, and ice cream has a funky pine/christmas tree after-taste.

So it reminds me of the "if these two mated" thought game. But in actuality I have no basis of exposure concerning the actual genetics."

VirginHarvester

Veteran
There is something amazing and very appealing about the high that many other strains miss. It makes you feel internally balanced, in a way I have rarely felt. You feel very Zen like, as if you are going through-out the day in a state of focused and functional meditation. I've rarely had strains make me feel so centered in every-way. I call it Zen Buddah cannabis.

The ice cream pheno's I tried didn't have any NL traits that I picked up on. I had absolutely no clumsiness, I could talk up a storm if needed (no detachment from my lexicon and mental faculties.) It is very well balanced as far as feeling centered and not rushed, while still very mentally active and creative.

This strain sounds really good for ADD, ADHD, anyone that's hyper or has a hard time concentrating.... very nice medical properties I bet.

S

SourDeezy

Nah it was paradise icecream. Not to harp on..... you obviously have a lot of experience with different strains (as do I). The phenos I had were either very indica or mostly sativa. Which leads be to believe that it is a mostly sativa hybrid x a pure indica. Whatever the sativa side is must be clone only. So it very well could be stawberry cough x nl and back crossed. I doubt its og kush because of the flowering time and yield. I remember they also work with a few different types of skunk as well. They are a dutch seedbank so anything is possible I guess...