What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you wanted to produce the most nutritious EWC, what would you feed them?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
turned out to be exactly 2 weeks and I my worms again today.
it took many waterings to get the leaf layer wet that I added last time.
started using the worm casting tea that I water my plants with when the bin needs water, duh.
don't know why I didn't think of that sooner, about 2 liters a week seems to be how much water I'm adding lately and it's quite dry in the basement here now, 30% and lower.

here's a good shot of the ripping bugs before the burrow away when the lid is lifted.
check out the leaf edge in the lower left corner.
picture.php

worms like drugs just like people do. check out how they attack my green tea bags.
picture.php

I gave them some more green tea bags, then put down 2 old apples sliced thin, dumped a quart of compost tea on top and covered it.

I'm really pleased with the way this bin is doing and multiplying.
going back for more castings soon and I'll buy enough worms to get a second bin working here.

right now I brew 4 gallons a day and use a heaping cup of EWC for every bucket of tea.
going to need more worms to keep up!
picture.php

here's a pretty good video of a lecture by Jeff Lowenfels, Author of "Teaming With Microbes" that will give good info on why you would want to do this shit and how the soil web works.
[YOUTUBEIF]gbU-VgGXPeI[/YOUTUBEIF]

Latest posts

Latest posts