What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compact and efficient heaters

Azeotrope

Veteran
Hello all:

Just thought I'd share a tip on heating options for small/medium grow cabs/tents. Like so many others, I have suffered the cold winter garage or other spaces. Entering air of 20-30F is not helpful!

Check out PTC Resistor Heaters. Specifically search for "Enclosure Heaters" or "Panel Heaters". Enclosure heaters are generally used to moderate and control the environmental conditions within electrical control panels. Generally where there are devices that need to stay above specific temp and below certain RH% are located in fluctuating ambient conditions.

There are a few designs on the market. Here is a link to the data sheet for a self regulating heater that I have in play. There are other styles that have fans, built in and they are also available as mats or blocks.

https://www.stego.de/us/products/heating/

Not a totally new technology. You'll see that they are used in many different products we all use daily.

Have fun and play safely!

Azeotrope

queequeg152

Veteran
this is a pretty good idea actually.

they are bacically idiot proof.

i bought some scrap chlorine analyzers a long time back, and each one had a heater like these... i thought it was a massive resister at first, but yea it just was a self regulated heater intended to prevent condensation and keep chemicals above freezing.

i didnt know what they were called until now.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Thanks. So much good information floating around in the forums here that have been of benefit to me. Kind of feel obligated to share when I have something that might benefit others.

Drop That Sound

I was checking out these heat cables at HD. Could wrap pipes, ducting, reservoirs, cabinets, tents, etc. Maybe even make a radiant wall or floor. Also save a lot of space if using as a primary heater in a small cab.

frost-king-pipe-insulation-hc12a-64_300.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts