What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Little Hiccup

starke

So, I’ve run into a little issue that I am not sure of the cause and could use some help.

Current Grow & Parameters:

Super Lemon Haze clones in week eight of flower.
Three gallon Hempy Buckets with 75/25 Perlite/Vermiculite mix.
Jacks Pro Hydro and Calnit at 1:67 ratio, currently at 500ppm/.5 scale
Nutrient ph is 5.9 (Bluelab meter calibrated this morning.)
URSA LED for light (640W actual full spectrum COB)
5x5 Tent
6 inch Hyperfan with Can-Lite Carbon filter
Passive intakes
10 inch circulation fan
Temps 80 – 82f
Humidity 50 – 55%

One plant of four effected. Symptom first appeared last week on one tiny branch a day after I staked and strung up colas. The leaves on the branch yellowed rapidly over the course of two days and then withered. I thought I had possibly broken the branch during the staking session so I just harvested it for a tester. The same symptoms are now beginning on two other much larger branches as shown in the below pics.

To my inexperienced eye it looks like N deficiency but that does not make sense as all four plants are receiving the same nutes and are clones from the same mom.

Fed this morning and runoff ph on the three healthy plants was 7.1 – 7.2. Ph on the sick plant was 7.5. Runoff ppm on the three healthy plants was 700 – 740/.5. Runoff ppm on the sick plant was 1000/.5.

So now I’m thinking maybe root issues as the plant appears to not be uptaking nutes, if my thinking is on track. Opinions/advice welcomed.

Documentation of this grow to date can be found in the Grow Diary link in my signature.

The symptoms pictured have manifested between 12/14 and today.

picture.php

picture.php

Speed of green

the plant is finished flowering and its dying, pulling all available stored nutrients from the leaves. keeping them green till the chop should not be a goal. the yellowing/fade is a desired response at the end of flowering. The smoke will be cleaner.

next run you can taper back the nutrients around week 6-7 and keep track of runoff ph & ppm. adjusting the input accordingly. My mom does some Hempy in her rooms and with smaller pots she needs to flush once a week to keep everything in check.

Look at the trichs with a lupe or microscope, i bet those are ready to harvest.

Good job, that looks like a quality harvest. im sure you will enjoy it.

starke

I was wondering about that as a possibility but thought the strain should go 9 to 11 weeks based on seed shop rhetoric. I've been checking trichs for the past couple of days with my cheap 60x loupe but can't really see shit. I have got to invest in a decent USB scope. Thanks for the idea. Think I'm going harvest her before lights on today and see. Rolled a doob last night from the little tester from a week ago. Harsh while still green but one heck of a buzz.

Speed of green

The plant definitely looks indica leaning/short squat/fat leaves. i would guess you have a shorter finishing strain than advertised. Honestly it doesnt really look like a haze, to me anyway. maybe they mixed up your clones.

those handheld scopes can sometimes be a pain in the ass. You can buy a digital one from amazon for like $30 it plugs into the computer and has an amazing full screen HD picture. i think mine is 200x and you just hold it like a pen and watch the screen.

no more squinting through a tiny plastic microscope.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
your runoff indicates a meter is off.

with synthetics/mineral usually the pH rises and the ppm drops or vice versa in cases of disease.

what are your water temps? and please take a pic of the roots!

troutman

Seed Whore
When the plants are almost done you want them to use up their leaf nutrients.

This is a sign that you haven't overfertilized and the buds are flushing.

pH over 7 is too high. Bring it down into the 6.2 - 6.5 range.