What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Large scale PPK system

Desert Hydro

Veteran
hello everyone!
many of you guys know me on here. some may not. ive been away for a bit but ive come back with motivation and determination to set up a LARGE PPK system.

the goal is to set up a large scale perpetual PPK system utilizing multiple different ppk's in sets of 12. every two weeks a new set will be started.

veg will be conducted in a 8x24 room and will have multiple stations where everything will get moved up to the next rung every two weeks in order to fulfill the cycle. these will be on flood and drain tables in pots of turface to keep the work to a minimum. CO2 will be supplied at 1200 ppm during veg to keep things moving quickly.

flowering will be done in an open room with 12' ceilings and tons of ventilation to keep things fresh.

as of right now the main strain is a very nice cut of OG Raskals OG Kush. we also have single plants of killingfields x bubba kush(Katzu cut i belive), chemmy jones and herijuana being flowered out to test, and mothers started just in case we get keepers.

more beans are popped but will not go into the PPK's until they are flowered out in an 8x8 coco room to test the legitimacy of the strains. got 501st OG, sweet tooth, pot of gold and jackberry popped as of today.

Each ppk system will only contain one strain. there will be no mixing to keep nutrient incompatibility to a minimum.

nutrients are as follows: jacks, the end :) i like to keep things simple. jacks in a ppk with RO means 5.6 ph dead on with no fluctuation, end of story, at least IME, your mileage may vary

we may get a little crazy and add a bloom booster to one row of ppk to test and see if they are worth a damn or not. probably will use bloombastic but im open to suggestions since i havent bought it yet. i do have a gallon of liquid koolbloom so i may be a cheap bastard and use what i have rather than spend any money lol.

i am a huge fan of vertical lighting when temperatures permit but unfortunately i will have to run these horizontal with air cooled hoods as the summers are out of control in so cal.

lighting will be conducted with 20 1k's over the flower area and about 4k in veg as well as some t5's on the little guys.

still prepping the place and building day by day but the 8kw coco run will be vert scrogged after tomorrow or the next day if all goes well. i may be setting up my blumats once they are in place so i can have an occasional night off. i loves me some blumats in coco. match made in heaven!

thats all for now. stay safe and stay legal :)

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
this is gonna be good! you got the knowledge, you got the set up, and you got the "no jive" attitude!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
We have set our goals high as a kite. We are talking of splitting the room and doing a 18/18 flip flop since we have about 25 1ks and some will need to go to veg room. Our panel sub panel is dedicated for lights only so we wanna take our to the safe limit on the panel. My PC is crapped out right now but as soon as it's up I will show off the coco ladies. They are looking really nice considering the stressful move. I can't wait to blast them with 50+ w/sqft when they're scrogged flat vertically

Desert Hydro

Veteran
im still tearing down at the old place. its a freaking nightmare. we built that place to last, only to have to tear it down on short notice and move out. the plants look phenomenal considering their situation lol. all my vert sockets and bulbs came in yesterday for the coco bitches. should be getting things set up very soon. fuck my life, i need to stop waking up at noon and be productive :)

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
^ I hear that. I need to stop staying up till 3am on IC. Work the 9 to 5 all week, and then sleep my weekend away after going out with friends for drinks. Hurts my productivity big time.