What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ErdPurt

Theorganicguy

It will be interesting to see how being topped effects the flowering growth and structure. Best of luck my friend. Peace

attachment.php

Here's a pic to show you the incredible size of the stem. She's a little sequoia. You can clearly see the effect of supercropping :biggrin:
attachment.php

:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
It will be interesting to see how being topped effects the flowering growth and structure. Best of luck my friend. Peace

That's an interesting point to take in consideration when growing ErdPurt outdoors, especially in wet climates. ErdPurt has a very columnar structure and untopped produces a huge main cola which can easily get mold outdoors in wet climates, so despite the strain doesn't react very fast to topping, sometimes to top the main cola is recommended so the plant distributes the flower production with smaller buds all over the plant that handle better the mold.

NENugger

The size and shape of the leaves is amazing on this Erdpurt fem. Growing Queen Mother as well and the leaves couldn't be more different

canopy
picture.php

In the garden for a while
picture.php

NENugger

Hey NENugger,

What's your feeding regimen like? I only ask as you might have some nutrient lock out on those plants in the last picture. Are you PH testing your runoff?

Hi Kalbhairav, not feeding anything yet. Haven't checked run off. I'll check and let you know.

right now it's used FFOF soil and water. I think you see the yellowish leaves of Queen mother

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
6-17 Update

6-17 Update

Hello my friends. Here is my Erdpurts that I have outside. They have had the hell beaten out of them by wind and rain. They look healthy considering the weather this spring.

Erdpurt #1

Erdpurt #2
This panama x PCK hasn't faired so well. I'm going to let her go and see if she can recover.

She could be in the ugly plant contest. Peace :tiphat:

Theorganicguy

Here's my erdpurt, recovering from topping. Still no smell whatsoever on the stem. She seems to be displaying the purple stem colour from purpurea ticinensis that dubi showed some posts ago.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3916.jpg
    IMG_3916.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3913.jpg
    IMG_3913.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 24

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
farmer's Erdpurt's

farmer's Erdpurt's

Theorganicguy, I'm looking forward to your next update. Here is some pictures of my outdoor Erdpurt's, one Original Glue and my trifoliate Panama D/C.

Erdpurt #1 I will feed her again today after the ground dries out a little bit. Had a real nice rain last night, everything is still wet.

Erdpurt #2

This is my Original Glue, the ugly plant in the picture is a Panama x PCK. I really should cull her, but she is fighting so hard to live.

This is the canopy of my trifoliate Panama D/C.

This is a whole plant shot. there is a Blueberry sharing the same bag. Kind of hard to tell where one ends and the other continues.

I'm not trying to be off topic with the Erdpurt thread, just sharing. Have a great weekend. Peace

Theorganicguy

Theorganicguy, I'm looking forward to your next update. The small plant on the picture is a Panama x PCK. I really should cull her, but she is fighting so hard to live.

Hi farmerlion, just call me theo :biggrin:

Don't kill that poor panamaxpck, I bet she has much to offer! I think that: "without looking in the dirt, you wouldn't find pearls"

Here's my erdpurt. Proudly growing with her three colas. TOday I supercropped her. Her stem start smelling heavily of chemical/pine. I can't wait to see her flowering! Maybe I can still manage to top her one more time before she starts flowering.

attachment.php

View image in gallery

attachment.php

View image in gallery

Have a nice day :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Theo, I culled her today. She was growing, but all new growth was still sickly in appearance. She had her chance, weak genetics seal their own fate.
Peace brother

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kalbhairav, not feeding anything yet. Haven't checked run off. I'll check and let you know.

right now it's used FFOF soil and water. I think you see the yellowish leaves of Queen mother

Hi NENugger,

I would follow Kalbhairav' advice to make sure the ph and ec of your waterings and feedings are in the correct range. Let me know if you have any doubt.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's my erdpurt, recovering from topping. Still no smell whatsoever on the stem. She seems to be displaying the purple stem colour from purpurea ticinensis that dubi showed some posts ago.

View Image View Image

Hi Theorganicguy,

I don't recommend to prune a pure indica like ErdPurt so early.
Unless it is completely necessary, it's better to prune a plant from seed when it has reached its sexual maturity, otherwise you can stress the plant too much and induce hermie tendencies.

Pure indicas also don't react very well to such aggressive topping at such early stage of life, it stops its growth in a crucial moment and the indica hasn't developed yet the hormones to produce a proper branching, most of its hormones are focused in the apical main stem, especially when the indica is so young.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Thanks Dubi, your insights and knowledge help many growers reading these threads.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 8th Update

July 8th Update

Hello all, these wholes had better light last season. I will have to make new holes next season for the outdoor plants. They are getting diminished light until about 11am. Then they get full sun the balance of the day.

Erdpurt #1

Erdpurt #2
The ground beneath and around the holes dug is hard as a rock. So even though they are in natural soil. I'm sure they are root bound and stunted in growth.
If I can get larger holes dug and filled with good soil. I'm sure these plants will perform a lot better. Being shaded doesn't help matters any this season either.
That said, these ladies have been through the gauntlet of storms, high winds and driving rains. Though they are small they have impressed me with resilience. Peace :tiphat:

NENugger

I took your advice dubi and topped the larger Erpurt after I planted in ground. It took a while but seems to be taking off now.
picture.php

Theorganicguy

Erdpurt male proudly showing off his balls :biggrin:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I am going to pollinate my ZamaldelicaXKali China with it. My goal is to create a plant with great terpenes and cbd.

Happy growing!

Attachments

• IMG_4027.jpg
    IMG_4027.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4028.jpg
    IMG_4028.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4026.jpg
    IMG_4026.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 27

Theorganicguy

Female erdpurt starting to get some red shade on her stems. Still no pre-flowers on her. I am way to up in the mountain and in the north for her to start flowering early.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4037.jpg
    IMG_4037.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4038.jpg
    IMG_4038.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4040.jpg
    IMG_4040.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4041.jpg
    IMG_4041.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 24

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nice!

We've made several hybrids from Erdbeer. Hybrids from Hell, as well.

NENugger

the large Erdpurt is starting to show flowers and the stems are turning purple. I love the looks of this plant, so sturdy. Looking forward to the colors when the weather cools. Should be ready in 7 weeks, so sometime in September, well before frost here in Mass.:dance013:

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Erdpurt male proudly showing off his balls :biggrin:

View Image View Image View Image

I am going to pollinate my ZamaldelicaXKali China with it. My goal is to create a plant with great terpenes and cbd.

Happy growing!

Excellent idea Theorganicguy :yes:

Zamaldelica x Kali China has outstanding terpene intensity and quality, and ErdPurt easily adds high CBD content to its hybrids and classic earthy, piney, hashy aromas too.

The large purple ErdPurt female is a real beauty :) glad to she her already starting to flower, hope she finishes before the bad weather comes. Best wishes!

Latest posts

Latest posts