What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

plant sap pH 6.4

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Note that the happy fotos are of frozen water crystals, isolated and enhanced, while the bad fotos appear unfrozen (except anger) and comprise a larger field of view.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I loved the Movie that this short video was shown in.

What the Bleep Do We Know.

Very Cool.

I don't know how duplicatable these process's are... but I'm curious.

Unfortunately I can already see the sales pitch.

"Water your plants with Holy Water blessed by a Monk and Get Double the BUD!"

C

c-ray

Greg Willis considers below 14 brix as low brix, but perhaps what he means is a plant operating below phase 3 or 4...

is it possible to equate the plant vitality pyramid to brix / plant sap pH and/or some other metrics? ie can we make a chart that says what phase we are in, and is this something that is repeatable from gardener to gardener?

since we are now living in the future we now have all the tools to confirm or deny whether any particular practice is beneficial for plant (and soil) vitality or not.. that is the great thing about the future, a convergence of ideas and all the seekers who have a piece of the puzzle bringing out their piece to share so that eventually the puzzle becomes a whole picture..

C

c-ray

from http://farmingsweetbay.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/soil-quality-indicator-do-you-have-mophead-roots/

Soil Quality Indicator: Do You Have Mophead Roots?

From November 2012 Acres USA article by Hugh Lovel. (click picture to zoom in)

Have you ever noticed the degree of soil adhesion on your plant roots? The roots on the right are what we want. And I know for sure that our pasture roots aren’t there yet. See the pic at the bottom of this recent post. It resembles roots on the left.

Mophead roots mean the plant is photosynthesizing very well and is healthy enough to donate a lot of sugary photosynthesis products to soil microbes via root exudation. When these sugar goodies start seeping out of roots, soil microbes in the rhizosphere (root area) have a 5-star dinner and start multiplying like crazy. They make the gums, glues and gels that cause soil adhesion and start delivering minerals and vitamins in plant-friendly form so the plant will get even healthier and make more sugary snacks. Ain’t it neat?

The roots on the left show a plant that isn’t healthy enough to donate many photosynthesis products to soil microbes. The plant is probably in survival mode.

Mophead roots are a sign of a fully functioning plant/soil ecosystem. In our quest to increase our soil’s organic matter, mophead roots are the holy grail! Those sugary snacks are carbon-containing molecules that get digested through the soil food chain and eventually get turned into stable organic matter. And well-fed soil microbes will help plants make even more carbonaceous snacks, and in turn, more organic matter.

VortexPower420

Veteran
See I akin the water energizing more to Homeopathics. When I stir for 1 hour Biodynamically i do use positive thought.
Sorry if you all think I am weird.
Just what I believe.

S

SeaMaiden

What if you just like playing in/with water? :)

The first pix look like snowflakes, the other 'negative' pix... I couldn't identify. Like I said, if it's something that one can set up as a repeatable experiment, then I might be more inclined to think there's much to it. I understand how to get a column of water oxygenated, how to utilize biological filtration, set up eco-types/biotopes, maintain parameters, feel that natural seawater, for whatever reason, seems to be superior for organisms than man-made, and have a hard time grasping how thoughts might have so much of an effect, nor what it really means.

E.G. irrigation water that no one messes with except to make sure it's working. :dunno:

I do know, however, that it's far better to enjoy your work than not, so if something makes it better for you, makes the experience more enjoyable, and it causes no harm whatsoever, then DO IT. Ain't no skin offa my nose, right? Just gives another flavor to experience.

C

c-ray

See I akin the water energizing more to Homeopathics. When I stir for 1 hour Biodynamically i do use positive thought.
Just what I believe.

collectively and individually we create our own reality from what we think and feel

homeopathy / biodynamics = quantum physics

the new science confirms this

from http://french-news-online.com/wordpress/?p=5036#axzz1WwIoMLUb

France’s Luc Montagnier: Water has a Memory

France is moving to cutback its generous reimbursements for prescribed medicines, and the pharmaceutical lobby has stepped up pressure to hog what is left in the social security pot at the expense of alternative medicines.

Part of this lobby’s traditional armoury is to label as voodoo science, quackery or at best a placebo, alternative therapies such as homeopathy.

But a French knight in shining armour may now be riding to homeopathy’s rescue.

The conventional medicine machine has unexpectedly found its views being seriously challenged by Nobel prize winner Dr. Luc Montagnier, the French virologist who won the prize in 2008 for his work on the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).

Professor Montagnier, founder and president of the World Foundation for AIDS Research and Prevention and a French medical hero for his HIV discoveries, said recently: “I can’t say that homeopathy is right in everything. What I can say now is that the high dilutions (used in homeopathy) are right. High dilutions of something are not nothing. They are water structures which mimic the original molecules.”

His stance will reassure many members of the public in France where homeopathy is popular — 36 % of doctor’s patients reportedly resort to such alternatives, and 0.3 % of total French health spending and some 1.2% to 2% of reimbursements are for homeopathy. Indeed a visit to any large pharmacy in towns around France will reveal how well-entrenched homeopathy is. These chemists offer a wide selection of homeopathic remedies and other alternatives together with trained staff well able to advise on alternatives to conventional medicine. Laboratoires Boiron now France’s only homeopathic medicine laboratory claims to be the world’s leading manufacturer of such remedies.

As part of a remarkable progression in his career, the 78-year-old Montagnier, announced in January this year he was taking up a position at Jiaotong University in Shanghai, China (widely known as ‘China’s Massachusetts Institute of Technology’), where he is to work in a institute bearing his name.

According to Dana Ullmanm (a Californian–based MPH, America’s leading homeopathy protagonist and founder of www.homeopathic.com) his research: “will focus on a new scientific movement at the crossroads of physics, biology, and medicine: the phenomenon of electromagnetic waves produced by DNA in water. He and his team will study both the theoretical basis and the possible applications in medicine.”

Montagnier’s research, writes Dana Ullmanm, is investigating the electromagnetic waves that he says emanate from the highly diluted DNA of various pathogens. Montagnier asserts: “What we have found is that DNA produces structural changes in water, which persist at very high dilutions, and which lead to resonant electromagnetic signals that we can measure. Not all DNA produces signals that we can detect with our device. The high-intensity signals come from bacterial and viral DNA.”

Dr Montagnier’s decision to move to China (where he can tap research funds, unlike France where he cannot because he is officially retired) emerged in an interview published in Science magazine on Christmas Eve last year (2010). In it the professor expressed support for homeopathic medicine. Although homeopathy has persisted for 200+ years throughout the world and has been a leading alternative treatment used by doctors in Europe, most conventional doctors and scientists have expressed scepticism about its efficacy due to the extremely small doses of medicines used.

Homeopathy is a practice created by Samuel Hahnemann that believes that incredibly minute quantities of substances dissolved in water can have powerful effects. Homeopathic medicines work on the principle that a toxic substance taken in minute amounts will cure the same symptoms that it would cause if it were taken in large amounts. Scientists completely reject this, claiming there is no evidence to show that water can retain or transmit information and that homeopathic treatments have never been proven in full clinical trials.

Luc Montagnier’s views shocked his professional colleagues when he raised them at the Lindau Nobel laureate meeting in Germany in July 2010. (The meeting, attended by 60 Nobel prize winners and 700 other scientists was convened to discuss latest breakthroughs in medicine, chemistry and physics).

According to a report in the London Sunday Times at the time he told his head-shaking audience that solutions containing the DNA of pathogenic bacteria and viruses, including HIV, “could emit low frequency radio waves” that induced surrounding water molecules to become arranged into “nanostructures”. These water molecules, he said, could also emit radio waves. He suggested water could retain such properties even after the original solutions were massively diluted, to the point where the original DNA had effectively vanished. In this way, he suggested, water could retain the “memory” of substances with which it had been in contact — and doctors could use the emissions to detect disease.

Montagnier’s move to research the contested Memory of Water theory has stirred significant controversy on the Internet (try Googling ‘Dr. Luc Montaignier ‘Memory of Water’) and there is little doubt that if he succeeds in China, other scientists — as is their right and duty — will be stepping up efforts to disprove him.

Indeed according to Le Monde the ‘Memory of Water’ debate was one of the most stimulating scientific controversies of its time at the end of the 20th century. At one stage says Le Monde it prompted a Nature magazine article by John Maddox, James Randi & Walter W. Stewart in 1988 which derided it as a ‘delusion’ because the claims could not be scientifically reproduced (a basic requirement of all science and one, we add in editorial parentheses, very conveniently forgotten by the ‘scientists’ currently propagating the vastly expensive climate warming scam, see here , here and here).

His critics have not disarmed Professor Montaignier, who according to the Le Monde piece stoutly defended the originator of the controversy, his now deceased French colleague Jacques Benveniste. “For me Jacques Benveniste (whose work was initially decried as the Benveniste “heresy”) is a great scientist … and it is really shocking how he was treated. He died in 2004 as you know, probably exhausted by all his struggles, and I think one day soon he will be completely rehabilitated(…)”. See article on this in London’s Guardian newspaper March 2001.

And read (in French but passably translated by the Google machine) the views of one if his critics Alain de Weck, Emeritus Professor of Immunology and Allergy at the Universities of Bern (Switzerland) and Navarra (Spain): “It is not without some perplexity that I see Prof. Luc Montagnier take over and establish himself as the spiritual successor of Jacques Benveniste…” The “water memory” theory of Professor Benveniste, a French researcher at INSERM- l’Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, spawned a major controversy in the scientific community. Jacques Benveniste claimed to have demonstrated the effect of a product provided by a water molecule that was previously in contact with the product (hence the “water memory” tag).
ps I am seeing pH sap readings consistently between 6.2-6.4

all is well

guineapig

Veteran
There is also a Japanese scientist who studies water crystal patterns, he has a few books
and a website, he is Masaru Emoto.

Homeopathy uses very small amounts of active ingredients dissolved in water.
Conventional science tells us such a small amount of medicine could not possibly be an
effective therapy, but this is challenged by homeopathic researchers and advocated.

Biodynamic Agriculture is derived from the philosophy of Rudolph Steiner, and there have
been many books written on Biodynamic Agriculture. It uses many interesting soil
amendments derived from biological sources.

pH is a very interesting topic. I am still waiting to read a book that relates
quantum physics to plant physiology. Most of the quantum physics books
talk about the history and models of the universe. The universe inside the
plant has not yet been fully explained. :abduct:

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Hey! We were just talking about Masaru Emoto.

I had a friend that was all into kundalini yoga and would put his seeds in a chamber with positive mantras being played for them and prayer over them.... interesting how he grew with so much love. Kinda like a chef that really cares haha

S

SeaMaiden

K, just ordered the strips, c-ray. Am also cleaning up my tri-meter (whenever I say 'tri-meter' I so wish it was the Star Trek kind!). Not sure how I'd measure plant sap pH with a Hanna. :dunno:

This stuff about water is making me wonder--is there anything else to fish water besides that which we can measure? I know certain species slough a lot of slime, and it's got to be rather high in aminos. Fish emit an electrical charge. Would the water in which something like an electric eel be any different, from a plant's perspective, than that in which any other fish has been kept.

Sorry, just musing.

B

BugJar

how are you guys extracting enough sap to measure the brix and ph?

i have a lot of experience with refractometers and would be interested to see how I can utilize this tool to improve all of my gardens health

If the answer is somewhere in the thread already I apologize at it is pretty lengthy

C

c-ray

roll up a leaf and squeeze between 2 spoons with vice grips or a bench vise

I squeeze a drop or 2 onto the refractometer to test brix 1st, then touch the pH paper onto the refractometer to test pH

B

BugJar

roll up a leaf and squeeze between 2 spoons with vice grips or a bench vise

I squeeze a drop or 2 onto the refractometer to test brix 1st, then touch the pH paper onto the refractometer to test pH

In my fairly experienced use of refractometers for other things I have noticed that you need a decent amount of liquid to properly cover the lens. it can swing pretty wildly if it isn't covered or if there are bubbles between the cover and the lens.

I find all of this VERY interesting

good thread

C

c-ray

there is a guy on ebay selling 2 packs of the pH 5.5-8.0 strips, good to have a backup I'd say in case one gets wet / had a close encounter with some water yesterday

FatherEarth

Veteran
Thanks C-Ray, youve got me ordering all kinds of stuff now. Did you ever get your spectrometer built? Im curious as to how well it works? Im about to try and build one myself.. thanks for all the info!

Just what I believe.

Super friggin weirdo^^^

Seriously I thought I was the only one. Figured Id keep my weirdo secrets to myself for fear of ridicule and being burned at the stake.

I use my personally hand crafted harry potter stir stick wand to stir all of my water/ mixes. I notched a quartz Scepter into a bamboo stick and secured it with wax covered hemp string, the quartz helps direct and magnify your intentions. Note to always stir clockwise to put intentions IN to anything, counter clockwise to take things OUT. I say a few different positive mantras depending on what Im trying to achieve. The power of intention is incredible. I also have crystal grids set up in my grow room ...

Guess that makes me a metaphysical weirdo too :p

Positivevibes.jpg

C

c-ray

nice wand, thanks for sharing..

weird
Old English wyrd (n.) "fate, destiny," literally "that which comes," from Proto-Germanic *wurthis (cf. Old Saxon wurd, Old High German wurt "fate," Old Norse urðr "fate, one of the three Norns"), from PIE *wert- "to turn, wind," (cf. German werden, Old English weorðan "to become"), from root *wer- "to turn, bend" (see versus). For sense development from "turning" to "becoming," cf. phrase turn into "become."

The modern sense of weird developed from Middle English use of weird sisters for the three fates or Norns (in Germanic mythology), the goddesses who controlled human destiny. They were portrayed as odd or frightening in appearance, as in "Macbeth," which led to the adjectival meaning "odd-looking, uncanny," first recorded 1815.

still working on the spectrometer, getting close..

VortexPower420

Veteran
Thanks C-Ray, youve got me ordering all kinds of stuff now. Did you ever get your spectrometer built? Im curious as to how well it works? Im about to try and build one myself.. thanks for all the info!

Super friggin weirdo^^^

Seriously I thought I was the only one. Figured Id keep my weirdo secrets to myself for fear of ridicule and being burned at the stake.

I use my personally hand crafted harry potter stir stick wand to stir all of my water/ mixes. I notched a quartz Scepter into a bamboo stick and secured it with wax covered hemp string, the quartz helps direct and magnify your intentions. Note to always stir clockwise to put intentions IN to anything, counter clockwise to take things OUT. I say a few different positive mantras depending on what Im trying to achieve. The power of intention is incredible. I also have crystal grids set up in my grow room ...

Guess that makes me a metaphysical weirdo too :p

View Image

FatherEarth- Nice stick bud. I have quartz and Herkemer Dimonds and sone Opals floating around in the bottom of the vortex brewer I built. I Can't wait to summer to really get it going. My wife is not so pleased when I put mine in the shower so I only use it once in a while.

Ridicule and burning at the stake is part of the territory, some of these concepts some people can not accept yet.

We are all just vibrations communicating through vibrations, yes real particles are involved but they to vibrate.

I know I have been ridiculed in the past but hey who hasn't for their beliefs.

I live by what I have experienced, felt and learned. I believe intention has a affect.

Timbuktu