What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S5 Haze

Spaventa

Veteran
I still cant find anything solid about its lineage or who found it in the first place.
Its obviously got Haze C in it somewhere - the floral, herbal, forrest thing is clear.
Any info would be great.

Happy Times

just went and too these now

View Image View Image View Image

Its a great plant. Not stretchy, takes all the K you can throw at it and cuts roots super fast.

Looks like some Super Silver Haze I popped from some fem seeds a while back (a friend kicked down some freebies he got) . Similar growth pattern, the phenos I found weren’t up to snuff with the smoke test though. I’m guessing that’s not the case for the S5 ;-)

Spaventa

Veteran
No, not at all S5 is a top notch complex smoke with floral, woodland, black pepper combine with a fruity sweetness, possibly more berry than citrus but a bit lie chewing gum, juicy fruit maybe.

Ive only just got to 3 weeks cure on my first batch so the flavours are coming through by the day. When I tried a bit as soon as it was dry I thought it was alright, now its amazing and in a few more weeks I imagine it will be incredible :) Incense is beginning to develop too. Its only been 3 weeks so I recon it could be quite loud in a few weeks. My old nevilles used to develop loads with cure.

Just wish I knew the whole story thing with it.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
The story behind the S5. yes it's orginin is somewere in the neighborhood of Nijmegen. A couple of friends (breeders) were expirimented with some plants. They discovert an early type pheno (with spicifec features). They made 4 clones of the plant (before the knew it was a special pheno) ..when they discovert the pheno they had an argument of who had discovered her... the argument ran high and somebody (one of the three) stole the four clones and disappears. 2 clones stayed in the neighborhood of Nijmegen..and 2 clones whent north (red: amsterdam).
What the stoy doesnt say is what type of early bird is was... people say is was an amnesia...but frankly..we think it was a silver haze pheno (sorry guys).
There's also a Silver haze pheno wich has the almost the same characteristics of the S5 (wich is used by a breeder to make fem seeds of the S5)

a few years back the S5 was ready in 8.5 weeks (59 days) but the last few years she needs a few days more (64 days). And by ready i mean 30/40% amber and 60/70% milky trichomes.

8 weeks: trichomes: 50% clear 50% milky gives a Psychedelic high
8.5 weeks: 90% milky/10% amber gives a Psychedelic up high and a little body stoned
9/9.5 weeks: 60% milky 40 % amber gives a uprush high and a nice body stones
10 weeks +: 60%/70% amber gives a compeet body stoned feeling...nothing more to do than stay in the bench and say bleep bleep...

the diverence between taste is amazing: 9 weeks gives a very fruity and sweet taste... 10 weeks gives a more earthly taste..because my enlgish (and taste) isn.t that good, i cannot exactly define the taste... although a lot of coffeshops (not only in Nijmegen) will say they have the original S5, they have not... Althougs some coffeshops have a small amound of S5..they will sell anything as as S5 wich not to compare wich amnesia (wich is super) and also not with Silver haze (wich is also super) ...it's... euhmm...rare.. (although some of the Wf;s have indeed the original clone;) but who to belive..i/m just a noob....

Hopefully this is some more info for ya.

Spaventa

Veteran
Hopefully this is some more info for ya.

It is than you so much :) I have no problem believing it is a rare early phenotype of Silver Haze - sound right to me.

Mine is a 10 weeker by my standards and the pictures I posted were at 8.5 which is when he said you could take it at the earliest, years ago but a few days after that nowadays. I wouldn't, i think it needs the 10 but it fits his description of the original clone. Got it from a very trusted source in Amsterdam anyway so no reason to doubt it.

Edit now I’m not sure if he’s saying it was selected from silver haze or a cross with amnesia. It’s as clear as mud lol
They were selecting sliver hazes for the cross and found S5 among the silver haze I think is more likely.

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/47121-s5-haze/

edit i messaged my friend and mine came from a trusted source in the right part of Holland and is totally legit original 9.5 week S5

S5 at 8.5 weeks
picture.php

SAMSEED

s5

s5

s5 was a seed cracked by Ed borg of Delata 9 around 05 to 07 , its was from a pack of super silver haze seeds from shanti if i remember correctly .... S5 in dutch means crazy house or mental ward ...

peace guys

djonkoman

Veteran
S5 in dutch means crazy house or mental ward ...
just to add on, since I think it's a funny name. back when we had mandatory military service when you turned 18 there were a few ways to get out of it, if you had no better way you'd act crazy during the check-up/interview. the code those people used on forms to disqualify you for military service for mental reasons was S5.

(luckily I'm young enough that the mandatory military service didn't exist anymore when I turned 18, so I haven't had to try for S5)

NEED 4 SEED

just to add on, since I think it's a funny name. back when we had mandatory military service when you turned 18 there were a few ways to get out of it, if you had no better way you'd act crazy during the check-up/interview. the code those people used on forms to disqualify you for military service for mental reasons was S5.

(luckily I'm young enough that the mandatory military service didn't exist anymore when I turned 18, so I haven't had to try for S5)

I remember I have been reading this before. Nice tale.