What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much weed do we really need?

M

moose eater

I assume you're talking about a moisture meter reading? Is that correct? Don't own one. Might need to buy one for new firewood regs, though. Seriously.

I've typically processed by using semi-closed trays for the first 4-6 days immediately after trimming (7-9 with higher humidity), packed single layer, side-by-side, but tightly enough to slow the initial drying.

Then further slowing the outer drying by closing those same trays' lids for several days, checking regularly for a more or less dry-to-touch feel to them, though it's misleading at that point. (new/unused larger cardboard pizza boxes work quite well, and can be stacked about three high or so, before the weight begins to hamper the lower boxes).

Then placing in more or less air-tight storage for a day or two, allowing the moisture trapped inside to reach a homeostacis, or balance of sorts, where the outer vegetative material is about the same moisture content as the inside, feeling rehydrated to some degree at that time, then placing the material back in trays with lids closed for another 1-3 days max, so the material is (the previously mentioned) springy dry, with not much moisture trapped inside..

Then I place it in fairly air-tight storage, and leave it there for 2-4 weeks, depending.

After that, it's ready for sealing and freezing, if it's still hanging around.

Never had any complaints about the cure.

Do you consider 63% fully cured?

EasyGoing

Best way to store? Nitrogen sealed.

Working with a company who takes pounds, and puts them into cans with Nitro. Says good for 5 years+.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Lots of ways to cure bud, some people go the major production route, others do it with simplification. Different paths to the same destination.

R

Rageous8899

How much? More. Lol. Id rather smoke doobs all day rather than the cancer sticks ive been addicted to for 14 years.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Quit then...it is not hard. I did about 30 years ago (Marlboro Red pack+ a day) cold turkey and never looked back. Just convinced my mine that cigs do not make me smart, do not make me smell good, do not make me live longer....then why did I smoke? I smoked because it was "reflexive" body action. Have a drink at bar--light up a cig, while driving and I stopped at a signal--light up a cig, begin a telephone conversation in the office--light up a cig, etc.

Instead of "light up a cig" reflexive response, (hand to mouth action that my body performed while smoking a cig), I worked on transferring that particular undesirable action to munching nuts (not smoking cigs)--I chose unsalted almonds. Eventually, the hand to mouth action no longer was a reflexive undesirable habit (bar, driving, telephone, etc) and I became a "normal non-smoker" (whatever that term means...lol).

EsterEssence

Veteran
If you figure that once you get it to rosin you are keeping maybe 1-2% of the total weight of the plant, I need a lot...

St. Phatty

I think the person I just inherited some kitty litter buckets full of Pot smell from, might have an answer.

I was at the recycling center and there was a pile of HDPE buckets, the kitty litter size but with cake frosting labels.

Sure didn't smell like cake frosting ! :woohoo:

The recycling center doesn't take that kind of plastic so I did my civic duty :tiphat: and put them in my truck.

It wasn't a Bud smell. It was more like an Extract smell.

The buckets had a dark green residue. Not a spoiled anaerobic compost smell, just some kind of pot smell.

I've been hearing that people have been making extracts to deal with over-supply.

Anyway, they smelled good and if the handles don't break, ought to be damn useful.

Drewsif

The only reason I own a cmh or even know what one is, is because of quality.. I would much rather buy than grow but can't smoke meds that taste like Botanicare instead of weed.

Even the simple things. d3-carene, for example. Keeps me from sweating. Does not exist in the tons of pot being grown legally. I need terpenes and shit. Weed is not weed anymore. Most "weed" doesn't even register as weed to me. I still get excited at the real shit, just like the first time. Weed you can go out and buy at dispensariess tho? What a fucking bore

Too much shitty weed. And shitty consumers who gobble it up and keep the quality standards dropping. People in Az pay the same price for dank as they do for haybails. No room for dank. I just keep it to myself. No room for hydro cash crop cuz people will just buy something cheaper and shittier. The only easy money to make in weed is in cleaning up the money itself. Oooops, I give away too much.

Last edited:
M

moose eater

Edit: Never mind, question(s) answered by Drewsif's edit above.

Last edited:

Satyros

I was at the recycling center and there was a pile of HDPE buckets, the kitty litter size but with cake frosting labels.

Sure didn't smell like cake frosting ! :woohoo:

The recycling center doesn't take that kind of plastic so I did my civic duty :tiphat: and put them in my truck.

Now that's something I use an unlimited supply of.

As a person who questions the tons of styrofoam and plastic containers that get used once and thrown away, bucket-cycling seems to be a great idea. There are a whole bunch of these things that get used every day, and mostly they go in piles straight into the trash.

If offered freely, it would probably be enough to dent a hardware store's sales of brand new buckets noticeably. Even if you're not dumpster diving or scouring recycling centers, to get some buckets, I'd say it's well worth to just stop in some cake making place and ask for them. The plastic handles are not all that durable, of course, they are only intended for one-time use. But there are also metal-handled ones.

So yeah...been using ex-food service buckets for a few years now, at two to five gallon size, they are great for a variety of plants.

In relevance to the topic, I'd personally estimate about an ounce per month. On a per-bucket basis, maybe twelve buckets could provide a year's supply; that depends on a lot of other things which I'm still trying to figure out.

sdd420

Veteran
Some weed reaches peak strength after 4-6 months cure. So you need a lot to last for the grow and flower (12-24 weeks) and 16-24 weeks for cure . Maybe a pound maybe more if you make oil etc. we should be able to have as much as we want. Peace