What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica x KaliChina Fem - 2017 Test - under LEDS

ULMW

Wow! Lovely clouds of sticky goodness on the leaf close up. Any plans to make some Hash from the trim?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking nice Koodense :) Thanks for the updates!

Looks like a straight Kali China with just slightly more sativa influence.
I'm sure she is going to enjoy your good cares for the rest of the flowering ;)

Koondense

Veteran
So the first attempt with ZamKC was far from trouble free, due to some known reasons(light leaks, lots of thrips, fusarium soil infection) she showed intersex behaviour and serious lockout issues. Despite all that she gave me some very resonous and good perfumed buds, the yield was below average of course.
But I kept a clone of the original plant, taken in early flowering so she went thru reveg phase.
Now one of the two original clones is outdoors and one is just hitting 12/12 this night.
Hopefully this time she will perform better, I'm growing them in a mix more similar to my first mix with Ace Zamal Hash which was stellar.

Zamaldelica x KaliChina pre-flower
picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
She's stretching more compared to the mom from seed, also the latest to start flowering of all other plants which are more sativa leaning genetically. I feel she'll catch up easily and finish sooner but still a surprise.

Zamaldelica x Kali China - clone

picture.php

Notice the lovely pinkish coloration of leaf petioles and axils.
Pangi#2 clone in the back with faster start of flowering

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the updates Koondense :)

I'm glad that the the outcome of your Zamaldelica x Kali China was good enough to do a second round with her, that's a good sign!

Is it very noticiable the pink pistil in your clone ? I don't think i can remember to see pink pistils neither in Zamaldelica or Kali China.

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Dubi,
it's not the pistil but the leaf base being pinkish(right up corner of last photo).
Since then(1 week) she stretched 15cm more and is now in proper early flowering stage, still surprising me with slight change of character.
I also noticed a slight change in Pangi clone, both were re-flowered. The Pangi#2 shows a bit more Panama stigmas compared to the seed plant, at least to me it looks this way.
Did you ever noticed such changes in clones after reveg?
Maybe it's just my bad memory, I'll have to go thru some photos to make a comparison.

The terpene mix in the Zam x KC seed plant was very interesting, from floral, fruity up to mountain pines and hash aromas. A very enjoyable combo.
I'm trying to preserve her if I'll be able to keep the veg box.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Update.
It's a month of 12/12(actually 11:20/12:40) and Zamaldelica x KC is in early flower.
Much slower than the mother plant, could be some interesting consequence of cloning and re-flowering stress.

picture.php

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Two and half weeks later

picture.php

She's smelling very sweet, never had such a sweet smelling plant.

Cheers

deepwaterdude

Cool pheno you've got Koondense. Mine took a while to flower, too, especially the outdoor, but that could be a function of night temps, etc. Great smoke;) The two from seed I've got going now are in week 7 from flip and are starting to finish already. Round Kali China looking buds again, low yield, so I must've done something wrong again, but no nanners this time;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi,
The terpene mix in the Zam x KC seed plant was very interesting, from floral, fruity up to mountain pines and hash aromas. A very enjoyable combo. I'm trying to preserve her if I'll be able to keep the veg box.

Cheers

Two and half weeks later

She's smelling very sweet, never had such a sweet smelling plant.
Cheers

Hi Koondense,

So nice to see your Zamaldelica x Kali China selected female in its second round in your garden :huggg: Hope you can keep her as long as you can and keep enjoying her! :)

I'm also glad to know she is still able to surprise you with its complex sweet terpene profile, that was my main goal with this hybrid, to produce an easy to grow sativa/indica hybrid with very refined sweet terpenes, the floral side comes from Zamaldelica mother, while the hashy/piney comes from Kali China.

Do you find her also incensey in the room when you smoke her ?

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Dubi,
I remember the mother plant from seed had a quite similar composition of smells, she had a bit darker side, a bit heavier in sweet earthiness and a mix of pine and some incense. However the incense was less present and far surpassed by other elements.
This re-vegged clone however changed the growth pattern and also a bit the smell, is definitely lighter and more sweet without the earthy side or not so present.
So far there's no incense but with time maybe it will show thru the mix more easily, if it's still there.

We'll have to wait some more time to know how this will turn out, she's a quite hungry girl and I don't deliver enough food it seems, so some yellowing is starting to show.

Interestingly, I only smoke outside so can't comment on the room smell :)

Cheers

DoomsDay

I actually had a few seeds of this given to me by a board member and popped one a few weeks back. Finally took the first topping clone and it's rooted. Once the main seedling goes into flower I'll post a few pictures.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense,

So you like to smoke outdoors :) That's a good thing!

Thanks for the update, the flowers of your Kali China are looking better and better :yes:
Guess she must be now close to harvest.

Koondense

Veteran
Quite close yes, she got a bit purple on the buds and slight signs of cold night temperature which is lovely.
Buds are still fattening and Ithink she needs a week more to be properly done.

Cheers

deepwaterdude

Sounds excellent, my outdoor clones are purpling really nice, too. Yours looks like my lady S with pyramidal buds that got dark red. I'm smoking some bubble hash from the two girls I took down a few days ago, awesome and fruity;)

Koondense

Veteran
Thinking again, reddish is more accurate than purple, so probably it's the same or very similar pheno.
Yesterday I had a smoke of the only remaining bud from the mother plant, cured for 3 months.
Fruity, fresh sweet cream and slightly piney, reminded me of fruity bars i like to eat when hiking in the mountains, the feeling of fresh air and sweet taste in the mouth.
Simply delicious, also the effect is stronger now, has some relaxing qualities too.

I'm only sorry there's a couple joints left but a new harvest is coming soon and this clone looks way better than her mom. Can't wait :)

Cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts