What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Finished my run with the 315w CMH. Week sauce!

Rondon

I consistently hit 7 lbs with 2k hps watts...
Hitting 8 lbs fom 3k hps watts is childs play. Check my album, pictures don't lie :tiphat:

Dude....your not hitting 3.5 lbs with single ended 1000.watt hps lamps. Cmon. Dont even try it. Ive seen and heard your kind so many times before. Please. Ive been growing for almost 27 years straight. Dont even try that on me.

Rondon

I consistently hit 7 lbs with 2k hps watts...
Hitting 8 lbs fom 3k hps watts is childs play. Check my album, pictures don't lie :tiphat:
You can post all the pictures you want on these forums. Ive been dealing with these tall tale posts since the early days of overgrow.com. With a single ended mogul socket 1000 watter your gonna hit 2 to 2.5 pounds and thats if you know what the fuck your really doing. And 3 MAYBE with a very dialed strain and room and you spend all your time down there. Next you will say its easy and you did it with air cooled hoods and glass. Cmon. 3.5 pounds huh? I dont think so. Not what i and many pro veterans call buds anyways. You new kids floor me sometimes.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Iam about to sell off my gavitas for 9 sun system 315 watt lec fixtures in a square setup. 9x9 area canopy. I plan to hit 7 to 9 pounds in a sealed room with a mini split and quest 110 dehuey with a propane burner for constant lights on co2. Usi g a net trellis with a drip to waste coco coir system. Try hitting 8 pounds with 3 one thousand watt single ended mogul socket lamps....good luck with that.Not to mention the quality of the end product will be superior to hps grown product.

I have 3 x 1000 gavitas and plan to do the same....9 x 315

WHat size containers and how many flowering plants under your canopy????

Asslover

Veteran
If you can't hit 14lbs from 4k hps watts then you don't know wtf you're doing. It's childs play dude. My rooms are all 4k watts, fully sealed, co2'd and cooled with dual head mini splits. No air in or out.
I average 13-14oz per plant, 16 plants per room. Easy shit. do your homework before you call someone out. My albums are there for all to see. Every single one of my 10x10 rooms gives me 14+lbs every 65 days.
I've been on these boards for 10 years now, was a Mod for a few years, their are people here whom know me personally and have seen my shit. Breeders use my pictures of their genetics to advertise. I'm not some newb who just landed outta nowheres. Do your research before you post some trivial shit.
You threw the gauntlet down by implying 8 lbs from 3k single end lamp was impossible, I'm here to tell you that 8#'s from 3k is a joke. I would stop growing if that's all i could produce...

Last edited:

Rondon

:dance013:
If you can't hit 14lbs from 4k hps watts then you don't know wtf you're doing. It's childs play dude. My rooms are all 4k watts, fully sealed, co2'd and cooled with dual head mini splits. No air in or out.
I average 13-14oz per plant, 16 plants per room. Easy shit. do your homework before you call someone out. My albums are there for all to see. Every single one of my 10x10 rooms gives me 14+lbs every 65 days.
I've been on these boards for 10 years now, was a Mod for a few years, their are people here whom know me personally and have seen my shit. Breeders use my pictures of their genetics to advertise. I'm not some newb who just landed outta nowheres. Do your research before you post some trivial shit.
You threw the gauntlet down by implying 8 lbs from 3k single end lamp was impossible, I'm here to tell you that 8#'s from 3k is a joke. I would stop growing if that's all i could produce...

gr866

Veteran
I am not here to get into any type of bullshit fight, I just want to report where I'm at. I have about 6 yrs of indoor exp and many more outdoor grows.
At present I am using a 315W and SS400W LED by CLW, two plants in an after though grow. First time using the 315.
Just harvested the WW, and will harvest the SCH tomorrow.
I know this is not science based, have nothing dialed in, new strains, horizontal grow, 4x4 tent, no co2 but good airflow through the tent.
I have been growing with a 400W HPS prior to this grow and not sure if it's the 315 and SS400 together or what but I am definetely getting more yield than in past grows.

Don't know weights yet but the one pictured I expect 6 to 8 zips based on wet weight. That will be my largest single plant yield.

My next grow, which I am starting beans for at present, will be a two x 315W stacked bare bulb vertical 5 plant run with screens. I did this with a single 400 and it was just not enough light. Will be able to move the screens from 15 to 22 inches from the center of the lights. Ballast will be outside of the tent, but I am just not sure of the heat, I think it should be fine. Just a few pics of next setup.

Pic of the light stand for the lower light, this shows a 400W socket, but will change that to the 315 for the grow.

This shows the frame for the screen, each will be movable and removable from the tent.

Looking down from the top, I know the fan is not centered but I just did this for the pic. The second 315W will hang directly above the lower light.

I will journal this grow so hope some will come by for a visit and to offer creative advice.

GR

Americangrower

Veteran
Hey Ready4! I started the 315 CMH light at the same height I had been running the 400w HPS. I was expecting the CMH to be vastly superior to the HPS. I just switched them up; even considered raising the hood up from all the hype that I read. Anyone who says the bulbs needs to be closer or repositioned please comment on why? Move the 400w HPS closer and reposition to vertical and what happens? I have an idea what happens when repositioned to vertical (more light). I can give a definite answer on what happens if 400w HPS gets to close, or moved closer in my case; I already had it close enough. Also the same height I started my 315 CMH at.

DemonTrich! The next time you comment in this thread; say if you moved your lights closer in your grow? State why you think the lights need to be closer, or why they don't? Don't be a Troll. You were asked direct questions that pertain to this thread!

One thing I would like to say about my grow and my personal setup. I can control all climate parameters, though I don't have CO2. Now while I have my temps in rang 75-81 deg. The one thing I can't do with my setup is really bring the light down low and just destroy all the heat with AC/venting etc... I just don't have the ability to do that. The 400w HPS did fine raised up 23.5", why does the 315 CMH need to be significantly closer to get same yields?

I only have 1 question.. Who the hell doesn't adjust their lights to the top of their plants? What the heck do you think the ratchet hangers are for. If you don't want to adjust lights buy some 1000w DE and mount them on the ceiling.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Very interesting contributions everyone, I greatly appreciate you taking the time. I personally find it fascinating to read in-depth information like this, because it really gives you a look into how well people understand their environment, the plant and how they interpret their actions and the 'results' they're getting.

BE Awesome! :D

Azeotrope

Veteran
Sorry, the issue is not the bulb selection........ The 315w is by far the best bulb available right now. Time to look in the mirror.

heatherlonglee

If you think the CMH gives you frosty buds you need to try the MH Blue. CMH is only good for veg in my garden, HPS for weight, then finish with the MH Blue.

Want a bump in quality that no other growers know about, or are willing to try? Hortilux MH Blue; finish your crop, last 20 days with this bulb. Again you heard it here 1st!

ambertrichome

Veteran
Any good HPS Plant Bulb ( Hortilux HPS will have BLUE.) should have BLUE..... I don't see why people would use a straight sodium bulb with NO Blue, for anything. All you need is a little Blue.

I consider it malpractice using an HPS bulb that has 0 Blue, when HPS ( Hortilux ) with Blue have been around since the 90s.

1600 umol at 24 inches 4 x 4 area for 1000w.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
7 pages of people explaining why you didn't use the CMH correctly and you're still that hard headed that you just basically said "for blue use MH"..

It's not the blue that people use CMH for it's the nicely tailored full spectral output going into the UV, by philips especially, that wastes far less wattage on the Infrared heating part of the spectrum, which overall is much better for triggering healthy plant development, and extra terpenes in the final weeks.

The only reason HPS might bring bigger "yields" is that the stems are much bigger under the old tech HID to get the extra water up the plant than CMH or LED.

But no one said that CMH is better than all other HID in every grow setup/environment, or they shouldn't.. Obviously lots of factors change when you change your light to any other light.. The temps, humidity, leaf temp, transpiration, micro nutrient usage, developmental hormone concentrations, pigment concentrations (flavonoids) and terpene ratios etc..

If you had dialed it in instead of being in denial you would have found a great improvement in the health of your plants.. :2cents:

heatherlonglee

Hey Lost in a SOG!
You guys can keep coming here saying everyone else and we all do better with CMH but bring no facts just we's and everyones!

All CMH fan boys believing you're getting more UV/Blue light need to go back and look at the spectral graphs again. Go to phillips web site and look at the graph it doesn't really have that much blue or UV. The end of the spectrum of CMH actually drops off like the bulb was designed to end blue and UV around 388nm; the intensity is low compared to MH Blue regardless.

Utah State University spectral graph of MH/CMH/HPS
https://www.cycloptics.com/sites/def...l_analysis.pdf

Link to Phillips 315w CMH single jacket bulb below; most are using double glass bulb, find the UV and blues on that one. lol
https://www.lighting.philips.com/main...631_EU/product

Link to MH Blue by Hortilux
https://eyehortilux.com/grow-lights/blue-metal-halide/

The MH Blue is a better bulb for UV and more blues that's not even an argument it's facts.

ambertrichome

Veteran
If people want UVA/UVB they need to use Solacure 2 x34w x 4 x 4 foot area. will fry your eyes. Be careful.

Like Heather said. The others are nothing if you really want UVA/UVB.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
As usual you're missing the point, the point is it's really about how the most natural spectral balance supports health not just adding UV, If you just add red/blue and UV spikes you still won't get as healthy growth as with a complete spectrum, This has now been well proven with the LED industry. And CMH provides that well balanced spectrum at great efficiency.

You know that these were developed for professional horticulture by a corporation that makes 1.5 billion a year net profit and has kitted out grow ops for multi million $ businesses for decades and are research pioneers. You're opinion on their validity is almost pointless.

I'm a realist not a fan boy.

N

noyd666

not to bad for veg up to a point, only one used in 4x4.
picture.php