What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica ?

Jacky Treehorn

Well the other day I pulled the trigger on some sensi MLI beans, and only after I found out that some people have had poor success with Sensi stuff lately. I have always wanted to try this strain - Older reviews of this strain say it's amazing stuff...just hoping the quality is still there.

Has anyone had any experience with current Sensi Seed stock? In any case, at least I was able to snag some of DJ Shorts stuff while it was up.

Hello there. I have had good germination results on current Sensi seeds Outdoor mix packs. I also have a pack of Maple leaf indica that I would like to run with sometime as it has numerous positive grow reports in various forums. They say it does well outdoors as well. Cheers.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its a good question....

when sensi changed the name did they allso change mothers or farthers?

scaramanga

I've been growing MLI for about three years now, excellent weed that is very underrated. Great taste (spicy, almost hazy), and a sublime high that is excellent for relaxing and chilling out.

The one thing to know about it is that it stretches quite a bit after being flowered, more than I expected initially. It grows with a robust structure and does not like a lot of N during flowering. It can make some huge leaves that are about intermediate width for an Indica.

I had some correspondence with Sensi when I first got them and what I was told was that it was a cross of three different plants from a line brought out of Afghanistan prior to 1980.

Good luck.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I heard a different story on the MLI line. The way I understand it is that MLI is from an heirloom strain in Afghanistan that Babba Ku proclaimed as the only hash plant that was to be grown during his reign, as he felt it was superior to all others.

G

she's sweet, tasty and potent. Outdoors its trouble free.

An icestorm this past winter forced the harvest of this indoor girl but it indicates indoor yeild. 1/2 of the plant broke off from weight while i wasn't p aying any attention to them.
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i cracked 4 of these a few weeks ago, all germed fine but then i messed up slightly and put them back a bit. they're coming on fine now and ive just put them on 12/12 for sexing. im hoping for a nice male too.
personally, from what ive read, i think it unlikely that they have changed the strain - how hard can it be to keep the parents alive for a company like sensi? they must have them backed up too.
but what do i know?

will have some pics in my grow diary soon.

G

The Mli seeds i got from sensi last fall and the plants that came from them are identical to the seeds and plants i recieved from them for the past 9 years. There has been no change in the plant in that time.

Ive always had good germ rates from sensi seeds.

Here's an outdoor girl

Jacky Treehorn

The Mli seeds i got from sensi last fall and the plants that came from them are identical to the seeds and plants i recieved from them for the past 9 years. There has been no change in the plant in that time.

Ive always had good germ rates from sensi seeds.

Here's an outdoor girl

Good to hear, this was my main concern that the quality or genetics have somehow gone downhill. It seems that they are still good, I can't wait to get these started. Your plants look great, even outdoors in the cold - pretty amazing stuff!

MLI seemed like it had the type of high I was looking for as well - nice relaxing couchlock hug. I am hoping it will be an effective med for my neuropathic pain :joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
silverback, those plants look great!

what about pheno's - do all the plants have a similar structure and high or are some better than others?
anything we should be looking out for?

thanks
V.

THEdrzoidberg

I am currently running MLI for the first time. I had one that doubled in height, then one that went from 20" to 5 ft 10 inches! They both smell very sweet and syrupy, but the finishing time is way off! They say 45 to 50 days and I am on day 60 with no milky trichs and all hairs are still white. So we'll see how many more weeks.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i had the same thing with my two plants being very different phenos- and i had to put them both in the same pot and train them to the same modular scrog screen due to lack of space!
at 34 days
picture.php

i also agree about the finishing time - no way this is going to finish until 55-60 days at least. they are starting to smell good and frost up though!

more details and pics in my grow diary

V.

p.s. if anyone has experience of MLI phenos please chime in ;)

THEdrzoidberg

The smell of my shorter pheno is awesome. It does actually smell like syrup, super super sweet. The other pheno that is almost 6 feet tall smells very skunky. The shorter plant will not yield crap. 4 week veg in 3 gallons of FFOF and I will be amazed if I get an ounce. The other will be much heavier. There is really no density to the structure though. I have 70 watts per sq foot and the buds still have alot of give in them. I am hoping it finishes next week sometime. Plenty of other projects to go in :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks mate - keep us posted on how they smoke - i have cuts of both of mine and hope i prefer the shorter one.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Ive grown the strain several times and i didnt notice a lot of differences in the different pheno. The branchier pheno yielded a little more and had a better taste, but the effect was the same for me. Its a good afghani

Latest posts

Latest posts