I don't have the male parent nor female parents in clone form anymore. Originally the goal wasn't to breed for whorled phyllotaxy, merely to create a whole bunch of seeds that would give me enough to play with. The ICE I picked for its structure and being so vital. Really thick stems. The taste and smell were undesirable (an understatement). Although the offspring smells pretty good so far I never planned to be able to recreate the F1.
I do have a couple of vials with a bit of pollen in my freezer though, saved some for a possible backcross. I also have couple of dozen of these ICE seeds (which is either a selfed or reversed and rather stable).
Also, I already have thousands of these F1s already (3x outcrosses, 1x in with ch itself). Was a little bummed getting only a single viable seed from a fem seed test (tiresias mist) so figured I do a regular seed run instead. Got a bit carried away and ended up with quite a bit more than expected and needed.
I got the following from the same whorled dad:
ICE x CH (most, perhaps even all eventually, whorled)
Chunk x CH (many whorled, same deal as ICE x CH, haven't grown out enough in number and duration)
L8N8 x CH (popped only one, a regular opposite so far)
CHxCH (haven't planted any of these yet)
L8N8 is from that one viable seed I mentioned above, has Chocolate Fondue as the mom, which in turn has CH as the granddad. It's the most sweetest haze I have ever smoked and the most stretchy plant I have ever seen. The idea behind using the ICE and L8N8 is to at some point down the road combine them.
The ChunkxCH cross is actually the one I planned to work with most, and those too are mostly whorled (and as with the ICE cross perhaps all eventually). I'm not certain about the Chunk being just chunk, came from a grower who removed a male too late. I call this one Penelope for now, hence the P with pics below.
Whorled in a neat way like the ICE cross.
P#4: whorled like P#1 but killed for being too stretchy during sexing.
Whorled in a weird way, had to cut a few leaves of, basically the ones it had while rooting and wasn't elongating the stem.
Few days ago:
There was some consistency in the pattern of two leaves directly below each other (3 times) but it's getting messy now. Needless to say P#5 isn't going to be a candidate as a parent for F2, but I'm curious to see what it will turn into. May have to top it to get it to grow more normally.
They are all clones, but all the terminal shoot from topping the clone mom.
Although I mentioned I didn't find a quad again yet, I did find one during an initial seed viability test, but, it was missing its terminal shoot. Leaves had straight/smooth edges but were also wrinkled and unhealthy. Basically a runt.
It seems - based on not necessarily reliable resources - one of the downsides of mutations like this is that it's unstable in a different way, i.e. can lead to runts. I do get the impression that is more the case with the Chunk x CH than the ICE x CH (which so far are all very similar). Haven't popped enough of the Chunk x CH to really be able to make that determination though but so far it's as if the ICE can handle the whorling better.
One of the double-yoker seedlings, the regular one, came up nice and green last night after I reburied it so got 14 test candidates, for now, still need to transplant them - might have to go guerrilla on this one.
I'll shoot a few new pics today, including a group shot that shows how extremely vigorous the whorled ICExCH is from the previous posts. If I had 6 of those I'd be ready to switch to flowering.