Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > 12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Seedsman for Cannabis Seeds
12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2017, 02:36 PM #2231
RockinRobot

RockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by isitisi View Post
Just a quick question: can you understand if the strain is auto or photo if you go 12/12 from seed. Have couple of bagseeds and want to know if I can differentiate. Thanks.
No way to differentiate between seeds whether or they are photos or autos. If it came from commercial bag seed it's most likely photo period. Most people that grow autos grow for personal use not sale.

IMHO 12/12 from seed is best done with feminized seeds. At least with feminized seeds you don't have to worry about culling males and losing more of an already smaller harvest.

One issue with 12/12 from seed is that because the plants are so short you usually can't even get any clones. The lower shoots don't grow long they form buds instead.
RockinRobot is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2017, 02:37 PM #2232
OranguTrump

OranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by isitisi View Post
Just a quick question: can you understand if the strain is auto or photo if you go 12/12 from seed. Have couple of bagseeds and want to know if I can differentiate. Thanks.
An auto under 12/12 will do very little, but should show sex about 3 weeks in (or so). A photo probably won't show that quickly, but would grow much bigger/longer. Not sure how you'd tell auto from photo quicker.

I am a Pasta-Rasta

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg

"Dave's not here"

*** RIP to the greatest character actor ever - Harry Dean Stanton ***
OranguTrump is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2017, 03:00 PM #2233
isitisi

isitisi is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRobot View Post
No way to differentiate between seeds whether or they are photos or autos. If it came from commercial bag seed it's most likely photo period. Most people that grow autos grow for personal use not sale.

IMHO 12/12 from seed is best done with feminized seeds. At least with feminized seeds you don't have to worry about culling males and losing more of an already smaller harvest.

One issue with 12/12 from seed is that because the plants are so short you usually can't even get any clones. The lower shoots don't grow long they form buds instead.
Thanks RockinRobot,
I am pretty sure they are photos but I got lucky to have auto bagseeds. Looks like I should go 18/6 to understand, thanks for the reply.
isitisi is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2017, 03:01 PM #2234
isitisi

isitisi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OranguTrump View Post
An auto under 12/12 will do very little, but should show sex about 3 weeks in (or so). A photo probably won't show that quickly, but would grow much bigger/longer. Not sure how you'd tell auto from photo quicker.
Yeah, looks like it is hard to differentiate, thank you for the answer. Cheers.
isitisi is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2017, 03:50 PM #2235
RockinRobot

RockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of lightRockinRobot is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by OranguTrump View Post
My Photo seeds running 12/12 from seed show sex in 3 weeks also so can't go by that. Only true way to know is put 1 under 24/7 and if it flowers it's an auto.
RockinRobot is offline Quote

Old 06-12-2017, 08:18 PM #2236
terry the trich

terry the trich will become famous soon enoughterry the trich will become famous soon enough
Wow this thread is still going

Iv'e been doing 12/12 for a long time now after reading this thread quite some time ago. I don't tend to do brilliantly but to be honest I'm not a very good grower and the conditions are very far from perfect. It's nice to see this thread is still active
terry the trich is offline Quote

Old 07-02-2017, 10:22 AM #2237
Super Sparkle

Super Sparkle will become famous soon enough
It's good to see the diffrent techniques being used and proven when switching to 12/12 straight away what's the yield per plant averaging at
Super Sparkle is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:56 PM #2238
doams

doams is a jewel in the roughdoams is a jewel in the roughdoams is a jewel in the roughdoams is a jewel in the roughdoams is a jewel in the roughdoams is a jewel in the rough
my best yield run was this durban poison done 12/12 from seed under 60w screw in leds in 2.5l coco
it was overfed but yielded around 42 grams dry /with stems and stuff/.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:43 PM #2239
DjKinetics

DjKinetics has a spectacular aura aboutDjKinetics has a spectacular aura aboutDjKinetics has a spectacular aura aboutDjKinetics has a spectacular aura aboutDjKinetics has a spectacular aura about
Strain: Manipuri (RSC)
5 litre dwc
12/12 from germination, this is week 6,seems to have slowed down height wise should start flowering soon.
DjKinetics is offline Quote