You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Please help,

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies Seeds
Please help, Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2017, 05:09 AM #1
SuperBudBros

SuperBudBros will become famous soon enoughSuperBudBros will become famous soon enough
Please help,

I'm just wondering why my cannabis always smells and looks super dank and hard on the plant but as soon as I chop it down and have to dry two days later it's smelling like grass and always gets fluffy instead of staying dense. I hang dry for like 5 days then put in jars and burp them depending on the humidity. The smell gets a little better but usually still has that grass smell butt the thing that bothers me most is how fluffy the buds get any advice is welcome. Thanks
SuperBudBros is offline Quote

Old 10-05-2017, 05:48 AM #2
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to behold
Temperature and humidity of your drying area are critical.

65F and 55% RH is what I shoot for. Nothing but dank...
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:21 AM #3
SuperBudBros

SuperBudBros will become famous soon enoughSuperBudBros will become famous soon enough
Dam gonna need like a fridge or something to dry in, think the drying is harder than the growing.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:24 AM #4
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivorVanilla Phoenix is a survivor
This is a great read

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:55 AM #5
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Phoenix View Post
Great thread, the info on properly drying isn't discussed for pages and pages though. Curing is what happens *after* a proper dry.

Extremely important, ty for posting it Vanilla
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:25 PM #6
Guy Brush

Guy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the rough
Half of it is genetics. Some strains you can quick dry in 3 days and they are good to go.
Guy Brush is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2017, 06:14 PM #7
SuperBudBros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Great thread, the info on properly drying isn't discussed for pages and pages though. Curing is what happens *after* a proper dry.

Extremely important, ty for posting it Vanilla
Yeah the problem I'm having is drying I think as I don't have a proper drying room, think my stuff gets dry to fast.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:18 PM #8
SuperBudBros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Brush View Post
Half of it is genetics. Some strains you can quick dry in 3 days and they are good to go.
Don't know if my Genetics are any good I'm growing seeds I bought from Rare Dankness Rugburn OG and Alien Rift from Ocean Grown and some clones a friend who works at a grow warehouse op and claims they're GG and GSC but Idk about that. Haha

Old 10-10-2017, 06:37 PM #9
Blazeee

Blazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of light
Blazeee has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBudBros View Post
I'm just wondering why my cannabis always smells and looks super dank and hard on the plant but as soon as I chop it down and have to dry two days later it's smelling like grass and always gets fluffy instead of staying dense. I hang dry for like 5 days then put in jars and burp them depending on the humidity. The smell gets a little better but usually still has that grass smell butt the thing that bothers me most is how fluffy the buds get any advice is welcome. Thanks
Reason is your not drying it long enough before you jar it, you should let it hang for at least 7-10 days at the earliest before you put it in the jars.

Obviously there is other factors such as temp and humidity, but i cant imagine that your buds are dry enough after only 5 days.
Blazeee is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2017, 10:14 PM #10
Guy Brush

Guy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazeee View Post
you should let it hang for at least 7-10 days at the earliest before you put it in the jars.
That's really not carved in stone. When it's too warm and dry and the bud is already dry enough after 5 days and you let it hang longer you make further curing impossible. Additionally it also depends on harvest timing, nutrition, watering during the grow etc. There's so many ways you can fuck it up. The grower needs to develop a feel for every plant and this can only come with experience.
Guy Brush is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.