Decided to go ahead and just plant all the ones that cracked, which was every single seed in the paper towels except for one strain
Those jiffy pellets seem to hold a lot more water than the root riot plugs. I tried gently squeezing a bit of the extra water out without crushing the thing. I assume it doesn't want to be totally saturated.
I used the little end of a bic pen cap to make a 1cm hole in the tops and gently put them in root down, put a little bit of peat over the top and gently pressed to cover the hole. I've placed them all in a tupperware in the heated room with the rest of the seeds.
Hopefully we'll see some heads above ground tomorrow!!