You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Paper Towel method

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Twilight Labs
Paper Towel method Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2017, 05:55 PM #31
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Paper towels work for me. I try not to get carried away with technique- clean work space, clean hands, clean paper towels & clean ziplocks. I fold & moisten the towel, wring it out pretty good, fold in the seeds keeping a little distance in between, pop it in a ziplock & put it in a warm place, like on the cable box. I check the progress morning & night. I've had seeds w/ 1/2"+ tails that were growing into the paper towels after 36 hours. If they've attached themselves very well at all, I just cut out a little patch of towel with the seed & tail, plant the whole thing. Works fine. Screwing up the rootlet doesn't work fine.

I make it a point to have the space & the pots set up to receive the sprouted seeds before I even start them, like this-

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php...tureid=1658632
Jhhnn is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:01 PM #32
Budley Doright

Budley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Again, did all of the seeds arrive in the same package? Like I said, they could have been cooked before you even received them. Again, highly unlikely for multiple strains to all be dead, unless they were all subjected to the same conditions.

Logic. Try a cup worth in life, you'll like it.

smdh

Wick Cloning = Cheap and effective

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

Sticky: Big Clones.....and Air Layers
Budley Doright is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:31 PM #33
Gangabiss
free your SELF

Gangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the rough
Wooooo we have germination!!

Looks like pretty much all have cracked except for a few Super Stars. I'm thinking they may take a bit longer than the rest.

Should I wait for the ones that have cracked to grow a longer taproot before planting into my jiffy pellets? Or should I put them in as soon as they have cracked open?

Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet. And I am you and what I see is me

Gangabiss is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:40 PM #34
MrBungle

MrBungle is just really niceMrBungle is just really niceMrBungle is just really niceMrBungle is just really niceMrBungle is just really niceMrBungle is just really niceMrBungle is just really niceMrBungle is just really niceMrBungle is just really niceMrBungle is just really niceMrBungle is just really nice
I like to try and catch em at 1/2 inch tap root if possible...

Inch and longer is fine but they are getting pretty delicate to handle at that point
MrBungle is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:02 PM #35
Gangabiss
free your SELF

Gangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the rough
Decided to go ahead and just plant all the ones that cracked, which was every single seed in the paper towels except for one strain

Those jiffy pellets seem to hold a lot more water than the root riot plugs. I tried gently squeezing a bit of the extra water out without crushing the thing. I assume it doesn't want to be totally saturated.

I used the little end of a bic pen cap to make a 1cm hole in the tops and gently put them in root down, put a little bit of peat over the top and gently pressed to cover the hole. I've placed them all in a tupperware in the heated room with the rest of the seeds.

Hopefully we'll see some heads above ground tomorrow!!

Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet. And I am you and what I see is me

Old 09-30-2017, 10:28 PM #36
Budley Doright

Budley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to behold
If you are dealing with old seeds you may not yet be out of the woods....

often they will crack the shell but never manage to elongate their root.....

Its the difference in living and dying...

good luck...

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

Old 09-30-2017, 10:45 PM #37
Gangabiss
free your SELF

Thanks for filling me with confidence lol

This will be quite interesting actually as an experiment. I've put equal amount of each strain in paper towels and straight into Root Riot plugs.
So basically whichever sprouts the seedlings first should be the preferred method...in theory.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:19 PM #38
Budley Doright

Like you say....its just part of your experiment....

If you find that some of the seeds you planted that had split the shells and dont come up.... YOu should get curious and see what happened....

New seeds dont do that....but old seeds do....

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

Old 09-30-2017, 11:52 PM #39
Gangabiss
free your SELF

I've no reason to think these are old seeds. This is from a totally different order from a different company than before.

Fingers crossed.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:46 PM #40
Gangabiss
free your SELF

I am now a proud father of 2 little seedlings after roughly 55hours from planting the seeds.

1x mazar x great white shark and 1x master kush have sprouted their heads above ground.

They both appeared at exactly the same time and both are in separate mediums so the verdict is till out on the paper towel into jiffys vs straight into root riots experiment.