in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Paper Towel method

Thread Title Search
Click to buy Cannabis Seeds at Fast Buds
Paper Towel method Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2017, 05:27 AM #11
justanotherbozo
on the bus ride of life.

justanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud of
...yeah, i stopped using paper towels years ago, today i grow in coco so i sow my beans directly into 9oz cups filled with moist coco and where i use a second, translucent cup taped above as a temporary humidity dome.

...i remove the humidity domes as soon as the seedling emerges from the coco and sheds it's shell and, as has aready been said, i don't water again until the coco dries almost completely, you need to judge by heft.

...anyway, i've been popping beans this way for years, easy peasy.

peace, bozo

"Those that give up Liberty to have temporary Security deserve Neither"......Benjamin Franklin.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." ..... George Orwell
justanotherbozo is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:58 AM #12
Budley Doright

Budley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to behold
What my friend bozo doesnt mention.....is that he puts his seeds on top of a flouro light....and they have perfect temps for both germination and for cloning......

Am I wrong in what I see??????

Wick Cloning = Cheap and effective

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

Big Clones.....and Air Layers also a legal Michigan grow
Budley Doright is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:56 AM #13
justanotherbozo
on the bus ride of life.

justanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budley Doright View Post
What my friend bozo doesnt mention.....is that he puts his seeds on top of a flouro light....and they have perfect temps for both germination and for cloning......

Am I wrong in what I see??????
...no man, you are correct and this was intentional when i built the cab, it keeps the temps inside the little bins i keep the cups in at a steady and reliable 78 to 80 degrees which seems to be the perfect range for rooting cuttings and popping beans.

peace, bozo

"Those that give up Liberty to have temporary Security deserve Neither"......Benjamin Franklin.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." ..... George Orwell
justanotherbozo is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2017, 03:45 PM #14
Budley Doright

Budley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to beholdBudley Doright is a splendid one to behold
I think thats the lesson to be learned from this..... I stated earlier that its often easier to provide the perfect environment for a tupperware dish and paper towels than putting them in cups when germinating.....

You see its about environment.... often the environment is more important than the medium you are using....

Both clones and seeds require similar environments...... which is optimally different than your veg temps....

Wick Cloning = Cheap and effective

MMMP Patient/Caregiver

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309503

Big Clones.....and Air Layers also a legal Michigan grow
Budley Doright is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2017, 04:40 PM #15
Gangabiss
free your SELF

Gangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the rough
Well half have gone into paper towels in sandwich bags and the other half into root riot cubes in a tupperware box.

Will check them tomorrow after 24hrs and see what's cracking.

Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet. And I am you and what I see is me

Gangabiss is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2017, 05:05 PM #16
TOKING TOKOLOSH

TOKING TOKOLOSH is on a distinguished road
Firstly make sure you have good quality seed!

1.Soak them in sterilised water(I use cold water from a boiled kettle) for at least 24hrs.
2.If the seed sinks to the bottom of the glass on touch, you're good to go - If they don't sink, don't even bother.
3.Lay them into good quality roller towel - fold 2 sheets in half, then half again - wet well and tip over to drain excess water.
* if you paper towel layers are not thick enough seeds will die!
* needs to be kept moist - if you moisten in the morning and leave in a sunny spot for the day it will dry out slightly and root will go searching for moisture.
I've had great success - only hampered by old seed on my last run!
TOKING TOKOLOSH is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2017, 05:12 PM #17
TOKING TOKOLOSH

TOKING TOKOLOSH is on a distinguished road
Obviously depends on climate too!
Here in sunny S.A with temperate climate, I don't even bother with baggies/humidity domes...
The master that taught me was very much a rule of thumb grower and always stressed - Don't over think it

Good luck!
TOKING TOKOLOSH is offline Quote

Old 09-29-2017, 11:06 PM #18
Guy Brush

Guy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the rough
Paper towel method works. No need to make people look like idiots, if it works. Never saw a seedling die or slow down from planting. Instead of sandwich bags u can use these little cream cheese boxes that have a lid when they're empty (and cleaned of course). Can you tell us what seeds did u use in the first place that didn't sprout?
Guy Brush is online now Quote

Old 09-30-2017, 03:36 AM #19
Gangabiss
free your SELF

Gangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the roughGangabiss is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Brush View Post
Paper towel method works. No need to make people look like idiots, if it works. Never saw a seedling die or slow down from planting. Instead of sandwich bags u can use these little cream cheese boxes that have a lid when they're empty (and cleaned of course). Can you tell us what seeds did u use in the first place that didn't sprout?
I planted 9xNirvana Fly Trap, 9xNirvana White Castle, 9xSOL Donk, 9xSOL Blubonic

The Donk and Fly trap were freebies.

The Nirvana seeds came in those old black packs with a baggy inside. The Herbies order I just received sent me Nirvana Master Kush and the packaging is totally different from the other Nirvanas and obviously the new redesigned one. Maybe they (the Boutique) are sending out old stock I dunno...

Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet. And I am you and what I see is me

Gangabiss is offline Quote

Old 09-30-2017, 03:56 AM #20
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to behold
When you have a few different strains and none of them sprout, either they were all cooked before you planted them or you fried them all equally. Did all of them arrive in the same packaging, at the same time?
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote