Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Why bother keeping mother plants?

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Next Light Systems for LED lights
Why bother keeping mother plants? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2017, 01:34 AM #41
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by nksv View Post
anyone have issues with mums starting to flower out? Is she just showing she's ready or is it best to let her into the flower room to do her thing?
No. Sounds like ruderalis?
mushroombrew is online now Quote

Old 09-25-2017, 01:55 AM #42
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant future
Something to decorate and put lights on during the holidays ?
St. Phatty is online now Quote

Old 09-25-2017, 01:59 AM #43
nksv

nksv is a jewel in the roughnksv is a jewel in the roughnksv is a jewel in the roughnksv is a jewel in the roughnksv is a jewel in the roughnksv is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroombrew View Post
No. Sounds like ruderalis?
she's a bodhi more cowbell....
nksv is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2017, 03:14 AM #44
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
There's a certain freedom to just growing from seed that I like. I'm not into it nearly as deep as some & my efforts are strictly non-commercial so I'm sure I look at it differently. It's nice to not have to mess with it at all sometimes. My whole method with blumats & organic soil is geared towards low maintenance, anyway. I harvested 6 weeks ago & I'll start up again next weekend. I'm always moving on, growing something different, anyway. I'll try Queen Mother this time & some of the wife's fave Rishi Kush just to keep her happy.... Maybe make some seeds with QM... maybe pass them on to outdoor growers I know...
Jhhnn is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:22 AM #45
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
Rishi Kush?

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2017, 05:49 AM #46
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by nksv View Post
anyone have issues with mums starting to flower out? Is she just showing she's ready or is it best to let her into the flower room to do her thing?
Could be root bound.
MJPassion is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:59 PM #47
Drewsif
Banned

Drewsif is a jewel in the roughDrewsif is a jewel in the roughDrewsif is a jewel in the roughDrewsif is a jewel in the roughDrewsif is a jewel in the roughDrewsif is a jewel in the roughDrewsif is a jewel in the roughDrewsif is a jewel in the rough
Saw it mentioned already. If you take cuttings off your flowering plants, youre probably not going to take a top. So you risk growing out an entire crop of larf clones.
Drewsif is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2017, 08:04 PM #48
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack 10 View Post
Rishi Kush?
From Mandala-

https://www.mandalaseeds.com/Catalogue/Rishi-Kush

Their description is accurate. It's a very smooth high.
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 09-27-2017, 04:54 AM #49
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsif View Post
Saw it mentioned already. If you take cuttings off your flowering plants, youre probably not going to take a top. So you risk growing out an entire crop of larf clones.
A clone taken from the bottom can reveg and grow true to type

Some slower than others. But top or bottom genetic material is the same.
mushroombrew is online now Quote

Old 09-27-2017, 05:05 AM #50
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
Just an FYI,
mothers, clones & veg production can all be done in the same area, under the same light/s.

I'm kind of tired of keeping mothers through the winter just so I can grow the same cuts year after year after year after...

There's an awesome tutorial, somewhere here on IC, on how to keep a shit load of moms in a relatively tiny space... Like a 2ftx4ftx6ft tent or smaller... I'll see if I can find it.

You want Old Timer's Guide. OT1's Bonsai Mum Guide. 12 Mums under a two lamp, 4 foot shoplight. I do the same thing in hydro, only about double the size. Amazingly economical on resources while being capable of pumping out amazing numbers of cuttings.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.