Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞)

Thread Title Search
Visit the Weed Seed Shop for Great Genetics!
Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2017, 03:35 PM #2631
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
It hasn't been a practice of mine to ask participants to chant, let alone for anything in particular but fwiu the wildfires in California are effecting members of the community so perhaps it isn't out of line to ask that they remain in our thoughts as we chant, recite gosho or otherwise practice.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:22 PM #2632
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
Quote:
Correct is the same as myō [wonderful]; myō is the same as correct. Hence the Lotus Sutra of the Correct Law and the Lotus Sutra of the Wonderful Law. And when the two characters for namu are prefixed to Myoho-renge-kyo, or the Lotus Sutra of the Wonderful Law, we have the formula Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.117 Myō means perfect endowment. Six refers to the six pāramitās representing all the ten thousand practices. When people ask to hear the teaching of perfect endowment, they are asking how they may gain the perfect endowment of the six pāramitās and ten thousand practices of the bodhisattvas. In the phrase “perfect endowment,” endowment refers to the mutual possession of the Ten Worlds, while perfect means that, since there is mutual possession of the Ten Worlds, then any one world contains all the other worlds, indicating that this is “perfect.” The Lotus Sutra is a single work consisting of eight volumes, twenty-eight chapters, and 69,384 characters. Each and every character is endowed with the character myō, each being a Buddha who has the thirty-two features and eighty characteristics. Each of the Ten Worlds manifests its own Buddhahood. As Miao-lo writes, “Since even Buddhahood is present in all living beings, then all the other worlds are of course present, too.”118
The Buddha replied to the request of his listeners by saying that “the Buddhas wish to open the door of Buddha wisdom to all living beings.”119 The term “all living beings” here refers to Shāriputra, and it also refers to icchantikas, persons of incorrigible disbelief. It also refers to the nine worlds. Thus the Buddha fulfilled his words, “Living beings are numberless. I vow to save them all,”120 when he declares, “At the start I took a vow, hoping to make all p.251persons equal to me, without any distinction between us, and what I long ago hoped for has now been fulfilled.”
All the great bodhisattvas, heavenly beings, and others, when they had heard the doctrine of the Buddha and comprehended it, said, “Since times past often we have heard the World-Honored One’s preaching, but we have never heard this kind of profound, wonderful, and superior Law.”121

---> https://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wn.../30#Part%20Two

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Weird is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2017, 03:05 PM #2633
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Quote:
Point One, regarding the Benefits of Responding with Joy to Myoho-renge-kyo

The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings says: “Respond” means to respond to and comply with actuality and principle. “Joy” means that oneself and others together experience joy. By actuality is meant responding to and complying with the actual fact of Shakyamuni manifesting [in this life] his original state [of enlightenment] numberless major world system dust particle kalpas ago. By principle is meant responding to the principle of ordinary people being able to manifest their original states. In the end, then, responding means responding to and complying with the inner truth of the “Life Span” chapter. When that is done, then both oneself and others together will take joy in their possession of wisdom and compassion.
Now, when Nichiren and his followers chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, they are expressing joy in the fact that they will inevitably become Buddhas eternally endowed with the three bodies. For that reason, we may say that the word “respond” applies to the Law one responds to, while “joy” applies to the person one takes joy in. The person is the ancient Buddha of numberless major world system dust particle kalpas ago, Shakyamuni. The Law is Nam-myoho-renge-kyo of the “Life Span” chapter. To respond to them and take joy in them is what is meant by the words “responding with joy.”
Broadly speaking, “to respond” may be regarded as another name for faith. To respond means simply to have the mind of faith. That is why it is stated in the second volume of the Lotus Sutra, “It is because they have faith in the Buddha’s words / that p.147they can comply with this sutra, / not because of any wisdom of their own” (chapter three, Simile and Parable).

---> https://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/ott/PART-2/18

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:

Weird is offline Quote

Old 10-20-2017, 08:16 PM #2634
SoCal Hippy

SoCal Hippy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheDoobie View Post
You, my dear friends who are struggling to look for employment
on the battlefield of severe financial conditions,
no matter what, never be defeated, never give in!
With sincerity and perseverance
we can all open up a victorious path towards our respective missions in life!

Daisaku Ikeda
Greetings fellow bodhisatvas!

It's been quite a while since coming to this thread for Kosenrufu (World Peace) but I am so appreciative for those that continue to bring the teachings of Nichiren to those that are seeking the path of true happiness through chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.

My determination is to finally establish the solid faith needed in this lifetime to overcome all my difficulties and challenges to enjoy the benefits of a practice with faith like gold.

Don't be afraid
Don't be defeated
Faith
Victory of Gold!

Old 10-20-2017, 10:36 PM #2635
SoCal Hippy

SoCal Hippy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheDoobie View Post
"The Daishonin states: 'The single word "belief" is the sharp sword with which one confronts and overcomes fundamental darkness or ignorance' (OTT, 119–20). As this passage indicates, belief, or faith, in the Mystic Law is the only force that can overcome this fundamental darkness or ignorance. As I have mentioned, Buddhism is, first and last, a struggle between the Buddha and devilish functions. That is why it is crucial for us to make unceasing efforts to strengthen our faith and manifest our Buddha nature. As the Daishonin says: 'Strengthen your faith day by day and month after month. Should you slacken in your resolve even a bit, devils will take advantage' (WND-1, 997). These words are our eternal guideline."

SGI Newsletter No. 8713, Learning from the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin: The Teachings for Victory. [44] “The Workings of Brahma and Shakra,” Fostering Youth of Genuine Commitment Who Can Change History, translated 7th Feb. 2013, from the September 2012 issue of the Daibyakurenge.
Faith, Victory of Gold!

Old 10-20-2017, 11:17 PM #2636
Cvh

Cvh is just really niceCvh is just really niceCvh is just really niceCvh is just really niceCvh is just really niceCvh is just really niceCvh is just really niceCvh is just really niceCvh is just really niceCvh is just really niceCvh is just really nice
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo