Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞)

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Quest Hydro for Dehumidifiers
Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 AM #1
easyDaimoku

easyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of lighteasyDaimoku is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞)

Quote:
Note from PAYASO - the founding editor of ICMAG.com and the International Cannagraphic:

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Unsticking this thread would be detrimental to the site.

It has happened before and the site suffered greatly with out the Chanting Growers spreading the love throughout this community.

Please do not ever delete, remove or unstick this thread!

Thank you!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
We began here at this link, and shall continue on with this thread going forward! Thank you ICMAG!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!
Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Quote:
Calling all Bodhisattvas of the Earth!

I never did a new thread before, but something really cool has happened as part of my experience at ICmag.com. I have found quite coincidently that there are folks here that share my philosophy of life.

So far it is me, Hitman, and VegasBuddha!

Is there anyone else?

Almost anyone reading this (I will asume) will not have a clue as to what the fuck I'm talking about. I'll cut and paste a post from another thread, and at least try and make an effort to explain it.

As always this is a forum. All comments are open, and remember most of all that we are all friends, embracing a common form of focus, participation, and expression.

Kosen Rufu is World Peace!

Thomas
(07-14-2004, 01:34 AM )
Editor's Note:
Quote:
These words of Thomas were prophetic, as of February 12, 2013 the Chanting Growers Group thread received 16,024 replies and was visited 389,317 times by site members and the world at large. Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....3819&page=1593 --best thread off all the threads throughout this universe.

Last edited by Payaso; 09-25-2013 at 09:25 PM..
easyDaimoku is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:30 AM #2
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

PassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud of
Arrow Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞)

"I entrust you with the propagation of Buddhism in your province. It is stated that 'the seeds of Buddhahood sprout as a result of conditions, and for this reason they preach the single vehicle.'"

(The Properties of Rice - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1117) Selection Source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shinbun September 15th, 2012

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:33 AM #3
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

PassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud of
"...one member commented: 'I find it difficult to put into practice the eloquence, wisdom, and compassion that the guidance of the SGI suggests we aspire to.' In response, I said:

"Just be yourself. All you have to do is keep chanting sincere daimoku and advance freely in a manner that is true to yourself. That is what is meant by the Buddhist principle of 'revealing one's true and highest potential.' The practice of Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism allows one's true self to shine forth....Surely the true and most humane way for us to live is to advance just as we are, as ordinary people, basing our lives on Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and striving to improve ourselves even if little by little. Buddhism is the great Law that is open to all people; it does not make irrational or unreasonable demands."

SGI Newsletter No. 8203, OUR BRILLIANT PATH TO VICTORY, The Great Light of the Westward Transmission of Buddhism--Part 2 [of 2], from the February 19th, 2011, issue of the Seikyo Shimbun, translated April 6th, 2011

Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 AM #4
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

Let us use our hope-filled, encouraging voices
to encourage and cheer up our friends
who may be going through tough times.
Let us have a smile on our faces that radiates a warm caring concern.
It is in the very midst of trying circumstances
that we need to be like a revitalising spring breeze.

Daisaku Ikeda

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:36 AM #5
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

"I am praying that, no matter how troubled the times may become, the Lotus Sutra and the ten demon daughters will protect all of you, praying as earnestly as though to produce fire from damp wood, or to obtain water from parched ground."

(On Rebuking Slander of the Law and Eradicating Sins - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, Vol.1, page 444) Selection source: "Kyo no Hosshin", Seikyo Shimbun, April 13th, 2011

Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM #6
Payaso
Administrator

Payaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivorPayaso is a survivor
Greetings Chanting Growers! In order to make the continuation easier I am copying the last four posts made by T here so in case you missed them, you can review them.

The original Chanting Grower's Group thread has been running continuously since 07-13-2004, and with our new server and upgraded software should be our new home for many years to come!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

We hope all the Chanting Growers will bookmark this new location so we can all get together and chant!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Payaso is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM #7
CrazyDog

CrazyDog is a glorious beacon of lightCrazyDog is a glorious beacon of lightCrazyDog is a glorious beacon of lightCrazyDog is a glorious beacon of lightCrazyDog is a glorious beacon of lightCrazyDog is a glorious beacon of lightCrazyDog is a glorious beacon of lightCrazyDog is a glorious beacon of lightCrazyDog is a glorious beacon of lightCrazyDog is a glorious beacon of lightCrazyDog is a glorious beacon of light
Let's give our newly joined members
all the warm heartfelt encouragement we can!
To study and take action together with them
is the very best way to help them develop and grow.
Let's do our utmost to look after each member with sincere care and concern.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

Old 02-13-2013, 12:26 AM #8
TrichyTrichy
¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`♥ ¸.•´ .

TrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant futureTrichyTrichy has a brilliant future
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!
TrichyTrichy is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:55 AM #9
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

Smile

And so we continue unabated....

Bowing in humble obeisance,

Thomas

Old 02-13-2013, 04:07 AM #10
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

The Wisdom of the Lotus Sutra, Volume five

pgs. 155-157

(SGI President Ikeda and Soka Gakkai study department leaders Katsuji Saito, Takanori Endo, and Haruo Suda explore the profound meaning of the Lotus Sutra based on Nichiren Daishonin's lecture on the Lotus Sutra, "The Record of the Orally Transmited Teachings.")

VICTORY OF MENTOR AND DISCIPLE!
VICTORY OF FAITH!

Endo: It’s true that people sometimes limit the beneficial power of daimoku without realizing it. We need to be confident that, just as Nichikan says, “no prayer will go unanswered.”

Ikeda: That’s right. In particular, the prayers of those who are exerting themselves to accomplish the propagation of the Mystic Law cannot fail to be answered. The Daishonin says, “If you are of the same mind as Nichiren, you must be a Bodhisattva of the Earth” (WND, 385). To be “of the same mind as Nichiren” means to cherish the same determination for kosen-rufu. When we work for kosen-rufu and we stand up with the resolve to demonstrate the victory of faith, our lives overflow with benefit beyond belief.

We receive benefit because we work for kosen-rufu, which is the wish of the Buddha. This is analogous to how someone who works for a company receives a salary.

Second Soka Gakkai president Josei Toda characterized those who chant with a laundry list of things they want, as though it were the duty of the Gohonzon to supply benefit, as having “beggar’s faith.” And he urged that instead they should stand up with the determination: “I will stake my life on the struggle for kosen-rufu!”

When we muster the faith to uphold the Gohonzon and the Mystic Law with our very lives, we are protected by the Buddhas and bodhisattvas throughout time and space. In response to our earnest efforts in faith to score resounding victory for the SGI, an organization dedicated to the widespread propagation of the Mystic Law, all the protective functions of the universe come to our aid. What was Mr. Toda’s prayer when he was imprisoned alongside his mentor, Mr. Makaguchi? Each day, morning and evening, he prayed: “I am young and my mentor is old. If only my mentor could be released even one day sooner, it would not matter how long I remained. May my mentor be quickly released!”

How noble!

The wisdom of the Buddha is vast and boundless. Although President Makaguchi died in prison, Mr. Toda, his faithful disciple, survived the ordeal and went on to prove the greatness of his mentor. Now because of his selfless struggle against nationalism, the SGI has gained immense trust in Asia and throughout the world.

Saito: President Makaguchi is lauded across the globe. In Brazil, for example, schools in increasing numbers are implementing his value-creating pedagogy. And a number of municipalities have named parks and streets after him.

Ikeda: President Makaguchi triumphed. President Toda’s prayers were victorious. Their struggle transcended life and death.

Japan, with its parochial, island-nation mentality, confined the truly great Mr. Makaguchi to a tiny, one-person cell. However, due to the unyielding determination of his disciple, Mr. Toda, Mr. Makaguchi’s greatness has broken free of such shackles and reached the far corners of the earth. This is a genuine united struggle of mentor and disciple. In the “Supernatural Powers” chapter, too we have a ceremony of mentor and disciple.

Endo: Yes. The Bodhisattvas of the Earth are disciples whom Shakyamuni has instructed since the remote past. In this chapter Shakyamuni entrusts them with the propagation of the Lotus Sutra in the Latter Day of the Law.

Saito: This is the key point. If we only look at the literal meaning of the chapter’s text, we wind up with the simple interpretation that Nichiren Daishonin, as the reincarnation of Bodhisattva Superior Practices, spread the twenty-eight-chapter Lotus Sutra of Shakyamuni.

Suda: That is, in fact, the standard interpretation.

Saito: But Nichiren Daishon says: “Myoho-renge-kyo is not the Mystic Law of Shakyamuni, because when the events in this [‘Supernatural Powers’] chapter takes place, the essence of the sutra has already been transmitted to Bodhisattva Superior Practices” (OTT, 167) The Daishonin is clearly stating here that the teaching he is spreading is not that of Shakyamuni.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

Last edited by PassTheDoobie; 02-13-2013 at 10:40 AM..
PassTheDoobie is offline Quote