Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > 150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Thread Title Search
Visit Skunk24.com for discounted cannabis seeds.
150w HPS Club and Resource Guide...... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2006, 07:38 PM #41
Pipedream
Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969

Pipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nice
Spidermites can cause a disaster if you don't stay on top of them. I've had them in the past and know from personal experience. The best natural way to combat them is to raise your humidity level as high as possible and spray the plants down with Neem Oil. Some folks swear by the "No Pest Strips" you can buy, however I'm not a fan of exposing something I'm going to inhale into my lungs to harsh chemicals.

Pipedream is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2006, 01:37 AM #42
StickyGreenCola

StickyGreenCola is on a distinguished road
These are already tallboy beercan sized buds...

I'm fairly impressed by the density this 150 can produce, this still being my initial run with it and everything.
StickyGreenCola is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2006, 04:44 AM #43
stevr59
Think for your self Qustion Authority

stevr59 will become famous soon enoughstevr59 will become famous soon enough
Well so far it seem's my home made spay has worked so far i dont seem to see any mites
i made it with about a pint of water about 2 table spoon of dish wahing soap one gram of red peppers powder and as for neem oil where do you get it does homedepot or wally world sell it?
150 watt club
GROW ROOM LOG BY VBSPARKY

Jethro Bodean School of komputer teknalowgee class of 1998

Linux Operating System-Ubuntu-6.10 Heres to you Mirco Sux

We Wont Forget POMH
stevr59 is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2006, 09:17 PM #44

hermie problems

hey y'all what's new in the 150 club?

My plants are doing well at 55 days of 12/12, well except the blue sat x jack herer that is popping out more and more male flowers from the terminal buds. This started out last week I noticed one around day 51 of 12/12; see pic;

I picked off about a dozen of the little f-ers friday and today i picked off another 8 or so. it's getting kinda annoying.

So I also decided to check the trichromes under a scope and they're mostly cloudy with some clear and no amber. normally I would wait until I see some amber before I chop, however with this hermie issue I'm thinking I might chop soon.

however I prefer to do my drying in the cabinet for obvious smell reasons (active carbon filter on cabinet keeps the smell down) and these buds are reaking compared to the burmese and nl x c99 I grew in here last few times.

To make matters worse the oregon90 could really benefit from another few days as she's also mostly cloudy and no amber.

So I think I have two options;

1. Chop the blue sat x jack herer and hang in the cabinet with the Oregon90 while it finishes.

If i do this will the buds have an increased chance of mold? or will there be other problems caused by the light?

2. Wait and chop both later this week or next when the trichromes are ready.

If I do this I'm sure I will miss some of the male parts and wonder how much damage will be caused by the wait? I mean will seeds start to develop?

Thanks,

pola

Old 02-14-2006, 04:03 AM #45
Fat Puta

Fat Puta is on a distinguished road
My Cab with 150W HPS and 175W MH

Last edited by Fat Puta; 02-14-2006 at 04:05 AM..
Fat Puta is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2006, 05:47 AM #46

Nice cabinet fat puta !

If you don't mind me asking how much you pull per harvest in that setup? and also how big is your cabinet and fan.

-pola

Old 02-14-2006, 10:57 PM #47
StickyGreenCola

StickyGreenCola is on a distinguished road
I Dont know about y'all but harvest day is always a fine day, indeed.

Took down the rest of my big plant today. She was at 83 days, and dont let the blonde hair fool you (it did me) she has amber trichs all over her, and some pretty swollen calyxes.

Now my scale is seriously miscalibrated(digital ). but if I had to eyeball it I would guess between 3 and 4 ounces lay on that table, closer to 3 then 4 prolly. I took two other branches, a week and change ago, probably another 3/4 zip.

That would make the total for the two big plants around 6 oz's somewhere, and one small clone at about 1/4oz. Theres still one clone left from the test run, due in 3 weeks in pretty terrible shape.

No matter, I'm sold on the efficiency of the 150. I got a pile of herb off my first pull ever, and its pretty good smoke to boot. I guesstimate to be around .5-.75 gpw which works for me. Should only improve with the smaller containers and major increase in plant numbers, at least in regularity.

Last edited by StickyGreenCola; 02-14-2006 at 10:58 PM..
StickyGreenCola is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2006, 12:09 AM #48

Count me in.

I never posted more than twice on OG but this is my home so COUNT ME IN.

I got an LST'd NYCD on day 40 of flower and an afghan pushing clsoe to the end.

Ill get some pics up.

im using about 2.7 SQ feet and looks to be about 2.5 oz's from this haul

Old 02-15-2006, 03:19 AM #49
Fat Puta

Fat Puta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar_bear
Nice cabinet fat puta !

If you don't mind me asking how much you pull per harvest in that setup? and also how big is your cabinet and fan.

-pola
About 3 oz's has bin my best but the next crop will be scrog, hope it helps

cab is 1 3/4' d 2 1/2' w 5' h

Fat Puta is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2006, 04:06 AM #50
Pipedream
Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969

Pipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nicePipedream is just really nice
StickyGreen,

Very Nicely Done ! I'd surely be happy with those myself.

Pipedream is offline Quote