Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Blumat auto watering

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Mars Hydro for Growroom Lights and Tents
Blumat auto watering Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2009, 09:30 AM #41
CMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverComes View Post
cmoon, im at about 15 days of flower, the blumats seem to be doing fine (there are 2 plants out of 15 that are having some kind of deficiency problem, but im still troubleshooting that....). can you explain this "servicing" of the blumats?
indeed, if the drip rate is slightly under par ( which stops any chance of flooding) roots will eventually pull water directly from the ceramic cone........service them buy switching the rez tap off pull them out of the meduim and refil with water, as ive stated , this only needs to be done half way threw bloom........

every nutrient ive ever run threw the system includeing organic creates no internal blockage, there can be the odd build up of salts on the end of the dripper line whice is easily cracked off with fingers

bests cmoon

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:12 PM #42
joaquin386

joaquin386 will become famous soon enoughjoaquin386 will become famous soon enough
I have 6 Liter pots (1,6 gallons) how many blunts would I need? I ask these because depending on how much I need I will order the 12 or the 40 pack. And by the way do you put the Blunt just on the outside of the pot or just bellow the main stem?

I have been looking for some autowater but did not find anything worth it.
Fridge: Neville Haze, NL5xHZ, Black Widow, Afghan Haze (MrNice), Skunk#1, NL, O. Haze, Afghan#1, Mama Thai (Seedsman), Love Potion#1, Double Skunk (Refeerman), Hashberry (Mandala), Snowdog BX1, Chemdog BX2, DSD (Reservoir) Manala, Mazar-i-Sharif (RSC) O. HazexSkunk#1 (SamS) HashberryxNevilleHaze, BubblegumxDSD (myself)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
joaquin386 is offline Quote

Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 PM #43
greenisgold

greenisgold will become famous soon enoughgreenisgold will become famous soon enough
Question for the pro's: I just setup the system yesterday. Watered the hell out of the soil, pre-soaked the cones, etc... I watched the drippers for about 6 hours yesterday. Today about 24 hours after the setup a few started dripping just a tad so I truned them down as the soil is still pretty wet. My question is this: When they water, does it come out as a stream or a drip? Are supposed to start watering when the soil is dry, or just drip to keep the soil moist all the time? I have 4 more days to dial then in before I leave and want them dialed in just right.
Thanks.
P.S. This is a pretty cool system and easy as hell to setup. I have used 2 other watering systems when I have gone on trips for a week and they both pretty much sucked-ass!
greenisgold is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2009, 04:30 AM #44
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenisgold View Post
Question for the pro's: I just setup the system yesterday. Watered the hell out of the soil, pre-soaked the cones, etc... I watched the drippers for about 6 hours yesterday. Today about 24 hours after the setup a few started dripping just a tad so I truned them down as the soil is still pretty wet. My question is this: When they water, does it come out as a stream or a drip? Are supposed to start watering when the soil is dry, or just drip to keep the soil moist all the time? I have 4 more days to dial then in before I leave and want them dialed in just right.
Thanks.
P.S. This is a pretty cool system and easy as hell to setup. I have used 2 other watering systems when I have gone on trips for a week and they both pretty much sucked-ass!
Usually, the soil will appear dry on top, the moisture spreads out in a cone shape below.
I usually tighten them 3 arrows-worth to start.

Also, I use the black nursery trays under my pots, as occasionally, some run-off might occur.

I also only put a couple of gallons in the res. so if anything ever fucks up, spillage is controllable.

4 days is pretty short notice to proof everything.

What size pots are you using??

Blumats! Automatic watering!

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Leave dripper line at ~8cm. long.
Give the pot a good watering.
Insert B/M snugly into nicely compacted soil(not too loose) .
Open till water comes out, carefully close until just a drop barely forms.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows
Adjust as necessary for a few days, then leave it alone!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~
sunnydog is offline Quote

Old 03-21-2009, 04:34 AM #45
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin386 View Post
I have 6 Liter pots (1,6 gallons) how many blunts would I need? I ask these because depending on how much I need I will order the 12 or the 40 pack. And by the way do you put the Blunt just on the outside of the pot or just bellow the main stem?

I have been looking for some autowater but did not find anything worth it.
No more than one per pot. That is about the smallest pot size I would use.
I do 5-7 gal. pots with one unit.
Any bigger, you'll want two per.

SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~

Old 03-21-2009, 05:38 AM #46
CMoon

Quote:
I ask these because depending on how much I need I will order the 12 or the 40 pack.
as sunnydog says '1 per pot will be enough' theres also a cheap addition to the system that allows you to run many drippers from just one cone, ive not tried these but it looks very plausable if your running a lot of plants in a sog type grow in smaller pots or growbags etc

cmoon

Old 03-21-2009, 05:45 AM #47
sunnydog
Drip King

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMoon View Post
as sunnydog says '1 per pot will be enough' theres also a cheap addition to the system that allows you to run many drippers from just one cone, ive not tried these but it looks very plausable if your running a lot of plants in a sog type grow in smaller pots or growbags etc

cmoon
WARNING!!!
These have failed on me!!!
We used these outdoors, and had failure with several of these.
They seem to plug up quite easily, and almost lost a couple of plants, cone gets sucked dry, etc.
Indoors, maybe not a problem, but , from my exp., I cannot recommend these.
If I remember correctly, if one jams up, all the ones past it go dry.
SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

Old 03-21-2009, 05:57 AM #48
CMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydog View Post
WARNING!!!
These have failed on me!!!
We used these outdoors, and had failure with several of these.
They seem to plug up quite easily, and almost lost a couple of plants, cone gets sucked dry, etc.
Indoors, maybe not a problem, but , from my exp., I cannot recommend these.
If I remember correctly, if one jams up, all the ones past it go dry.
SD
cheers for the info SD.......saves me a 60 mile round trip to purchase, i did intend giving them a run in the greenhouse this summer with my veggies

Old 03-21-2009, 08:18 AM #49
sunnydog
Drip King

I have a bag with like 75+ of them in it.
Shame. SEEMS like such a good idea!

They are probably OK if you have unrestricted access to your garden,
and can supervise them; but for gorilla growing or access compromised, or absentee, I would stay away.

My fuck up rate (LOL) has been 1.5* "runaway" drippers this run (90 days), after dialing in.
Considering I'm running about 60+ of them, I think that's pretty good odds of some one with only a few not having any issues at all.

* = one overflowed it's tray a bit , and one stopped before overflow

SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

Old 03-21-2009, 01:10 PM #50
greenisgold

greenisgold will become famous soon enoughgreenisgold will become famous soon enough
Pots are 1 and 1.5 gallon. I'm 6 weeks into flowering and they dry out every 2.5 days or so. I also have great drip trays that can hold a boat load of water.
greenisgold is offline Quote