You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Please help,

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Discreet Seeds
Please help, Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2017, 09:33 PM #11
SuperBudBros

SuperBudBros will become famous soon enoughSuperBudBros will become famous soon enough
Yeah my drying conditions are not so ideal I live East of Los Angeles hot and not humid. And I just hand dry in my living room.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:34 PM #12
SuperBudBros

SuperBudBros will become famous soon enoughSuperBudBros will become famous soon enough
So it gets dry fast
SuperBudBros is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2017, 10:52 PM #13
Blazeee

Blazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of lightBlazeee is a glorious beacon of light
Blazeee has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Brush View Post
That's really not carved in stone. When it's too warm and dry and the bud is already dry enough after 5 days and you let it hang longer you make further curing impossible. Additionally it also depends on harvest timing, nutrition, watering during the grow etc. There's so many ways you can fuck it up. The grower needs to develop a feel for every plant and this can only come with experience.
Obviously there are other factors to consider and everyones environment is different. However OP was asking why his buds have that fresh grass smell to them and in my experience this happens when you dont let the buds dry long enough before you bag/jar them. Personally i would rather smoke buds that are too dry than too moist.

Also i suggest dry trimming over wet trimming. Next time you harvest take off the big fans but leave the small sugar leaves on and dry trim them. Ive noticed in the past when you wet trim sometimes you get that fresh grass type smell.
Blazeee is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:20 AM #14
SuperBudBros

Thanks for the input, I harvested Saturday the buds already feel all dry and crispy my bro wants to let it dry longer but Idk might jar some up and leave some for longer and see which comes out better

Old 10-11-2017, 03:25 AM #15
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Do you use any hygrometers in the jars after you jar up? Like the caliber III's? Did you take a look at the thread I recommended earlier in this thread?

Sometimes my bud dries in 5 days and as long as I catch it before it gets too dry, and follow the directions in that thread, everything turns out fine.
Vanilla Phoenix is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2017, 08:29 AM #16
SuperBudBros

Yeah I read the first page, I have crappy hydrometers ordered caliber 4 as I couldn't find any threes but doubt I'll get them in time

Old 10-11-2017, 12:55 PM #17
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant future
This issue starts with humidity during the grow and nutrients.

High humidity in flower will leave herb with a grassy hay like smell and a weird taste.

Also not flushing properly will affect your outcome. If using chemical nutrients you want to flush really well.

Best bet is to run organic soil or hydro. The bud should be loud from the moment you chop to cure.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 10-11-2017, 07:20 PM #18
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazeee View Post
However OP was asking why his buds have that fresh grass smell to them and in my experience this happens when you dont let the buds dry long enough before you bag/jar them.
The fresh grass smell comes from too high of heat and humidity. He smells it because his heat and humidity in the drying room are too high. You smell it when you don't dry enough and throw it in a jar. The warmth and moisture gives you that grass smell.
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote