Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Potting up tall plants

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Alchimia Grow Shop
Potting up tall plants Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2017, 01:22 AM #1
borntoinsulate

borntoinsulate is on a distinguished road
Potting up tall plants

Hi All
I'm about to do a final pot up into a 5 gallon container. My plants are tall and the 1st branch is about 10" up. My question is how much of the 10" main stem can I bury?
Thank
Will
borntoinsulate is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2017, 01:25 AM #2
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant future
Up to half of it is fine.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2017, 05:17 PM #3
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant futureSt. Phatty has a brilliant future
It can be very convenient to have the buddage higher up, if you're dealing with any kind of critter that likes to eat Cannabis.
St. Phatty is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:40 PM #4
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
I’ve found with cannabis you can pretty much plant as deep as you want. When planting outdoors I usually plant pretty deep down the stem (similar to what I do with tomatoes). This promotes a strong root system for both absorption and support. I guess in your situation it depends on how deep the pots are, you don’t want to crowd the roots on the bottom end.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 10-10-2017, 06:39 PM #5
MrBungle

MrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of lightMrBungle is a glorious beacon of light
Normally I agree with potting up the stem a lil bit.... but only with younger plants....

Once the plant gets older and starts to develop "bark" or thicker outer skin, you are asking for potential trouble with rot around the base
MrBungle is online now Quote