What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how OCD are you, when it comes to clean glass?

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I hate my bong being dirty. if the water is the slightest hue of yellow or the smallest piece of Rez starts forming I usually take it to the bathtub an rinse it out. I try to always use an ashcatcher to keep the downstem spotless...
how about you guys? I've met people who never change their water or anything and I've met people that share the same ideas as me. I would assume that growers would usually agree with my view because they want to taste and enjoy their flowers as much as possible

T

TribalSeeds

I came into this thread to bag on hydro-soil. I thought for sure that title was another my bong is clean you're a fucking pos threads. sigh
Ive been vaping LA Con... Needless to say I dont have the energy to clean a damn thing.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
joints are always cool but sometimes you need that huge rip to get you where you wanna be.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
this is now a vaporizer thread

this is now a vaporizer thread

I used to clean my glass like a maniac every session, trying to get a clean tasting hit. then I got a vaporizer

perhaps you should look into a vapexhale cloud or life saber or vrip or herbo or something to plug into ur bong. then you just have to worry about cleaning out condensed thc instead of smelly disgusting tar. plus it would be 10x tastier than smoking

I

Iron_Lion

I am so OCD about clean glass I just stopped using it all together and now I only smoke joints. I used to enjoy my pipe but I hated cleaning it.

MildeStoner

Veteran
Not as ocd as I should be:biggrin: I smoke a lot, so tend to smoke a few glass pieces I rotation so I don't spend half my life cleaning. In short, probably clean a bong at least 3 times a day...

jgrow

Give up the bong...nah. Ill go to the bathroom, dump the water, run hot water through, then a quick splash of isopropyl alcohol, shake, dump, rinse, fill with cold water. Enjoy

I do love to run a vaporizer through the bong, nothing sort of amazing tastes.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Give up the bong...nah. Ill go to the bathroom, dump the water, run hot water through, then a quick splash of isopropyl alcohol, shake, dump, rinse, fill with cold water. Enjoy

I do love to run a vaporizer through the bong, nothing sort of amazing tastes.

sounds like my daily life. 20 times a day

BongToke

I like my bong a little broken it, super clean bongs dont hit aswell for some reason.I do like fresh water tho.

Rambro

when it gets scummy and weed doesnt taste right. i smoke too much to keep my 1 bong clean all the time, id go thru way too much alcohol and rice

SetHeh

I fill my bong with fresh water each time — I use my bong in combination with a vaporizer these days. I have a smaller glass pipe that I use for smoking: I scrape clean the burnt resin immediately after I finish smoking. I clean the inside of the pipe with isopropyl approx. every 10 smoking sessions.

big twinn

Veteran
A little bit of isopropyl alcohol + salt and some shaking followed by a rinse and fill. Its too simple to enjoy clean glass. The only inconvenience would be keeping iso in stock if you don't have it already. If you clean your glass often, or at least after your last smoke of the night, its super low maintenance to keep clean. Obviously, if you wait to clean it once you can no longer see through it (gross), then it will be more labor-some.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
To bump an old thread...

Anyone who is as OCD about keeping their glass as clean as I am...

I have found the closest thing to a solution!

Carbon filter attachment...it goes between your bong and your slide... you fill with carbon and voila...

It catches 99% of the res and nasty shit... water barely gets dirty, barely any res comes through into the bong...

IMO it works better than an ashcatcher... It actually catches the ash... not let it go into the water...

will try to post pics later.

anyone else have the carbon filter attachment for their piece?

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
glass is nice, your missing out... I no longer have OCD thanks to my carbon filter attachment. Bong is always clean now...

killa-bud

Veteran
just cleaned the bong today actually,it is now spotless and my arms hurt from shaking it for over an hour....thing was caked with resin

i haven't cleaned it in awhile besides a quick rinse after every bowl or two.normally i give it a "proper" cleaning once a week

Latest posts

Latest posts