What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic Vs. Chemical Nutes/Additives Side By Side (Roots Organics vs GH FloraDuo)

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you like I can tell you how to build a very tiny dwc for under 100 bucks, just for the fun of it.

I am sure if you flushed for 2 weeks it was very nice. I still think you would have some fun though if you tried a tiny dwc. all you need it an air stone, an air pump, a net pot, and a little bit of hydro ton. and a little bucket. You can go as small as 1 gallon. It is cool to see how fat a hydro plant can get when you super crop it, like you do with your plants. (pinching). It is also interesting to see the difference in the end buds.

Granger2

Veteran
DG,
I just found this thread. Nice work. I'm very interested. My prediction: Chem-higher yield, Organic-better taste. No great insight there. Many factors will determine these things. Good luck. -granger

H

Husky.Rex

Many thanks OP for spending the time and effort to make this comparison :tiphat:

I did something quite similar last year with 2 different nutrient lines. I grew 2 different strains Big Buddha Cheese and Khola. I had 6 plants set up in a Hydro system and 4 in Organic soil. In the hydro system I used Canna Aqua Vega A & B, Canna PK 13 14 & liquid gold fulvic acid. The nutrients I used in the organic line up were Plant Magic Soil Supreme, Plant Magic Old Tymer grow & bloom & Canna Bio Boost.
To say I was shocked by the results was an understatement, in fact it was this very test that made me switch from hydro to soil. Not only did the soil grow match the yield the end product was sooooo much better. The plants were a lot more healthier and on top of that a lot less hassle .

Thanks again for doing the test:)

_Ina_

Veteran
great test u made!both of the plants look great but i will allways choose bio plants for smoking or eating:):) I,m sure that the organics are much better.I allways use homemade organics and my plants are really happy,green till the end of flowering without any problems. just my good soil mix and my ferts-guano from caves,nettle,cow and sheep and sometimes cave birds or wormcastings,that is what i usually use. Soon i will make some sea weed fert to try

D

DGSIX

if you like I can tell you how to build a very tiny dwc for under 100 bucks, just for the fun of it.

I am sure if you flushed for 2 weeks it was very nice. I still think you would have some fun though if you tried a tiny dwc.

That sounds really fun, I might have to do one of these in the corner next time! I feel like i just saw an article about doing this to keep your mom's extremely happy. :dance013:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The plants are getting large and drinking a ton!

-DG

northstate

ICMag Donor
This is a great test for the masses and I really like the fact that you state your responses without ripping people apart, you could. Healthy looking girls and way to put out the effort with documentation and science. Looking forward to following along and happy growing. NS

Last edited:
D

DGSIX

This is a great test for the masses and I really like the fact that you state your responses without ripping people apart, you could. Healthy looking girls and way to put out the effort with documentation and science. Looking forward to following along and happy growing. NS

This is exactly why I'm here. IC has been a great tool in educating myself in all forms of gardening and I want to give it right back if I can. Thank you man.

-DG-

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sounds really fun, I might have to do one of these in the corner next time! I feel like i just saw an article about doing this to keep your mom's extremely happy. :dance013:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The plants are getting large and drinking a ton!

-DG

I will work on finding some good links and make some instructions for you. it's really easy and there is even organic nutes for hydro systems.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Hey DG, been reading along.. I've also been curious about these 'organic' nutes. While I do agree that total organic growing is a whole different thing, this is going to be interesting. Good job at not letting the trolls and detractors undermine your efforts. Hang in there man... we'll be watching...

mgk

Blaze215

Hey DG, been reading along.. I've also been curious about these 'organic' nutes. While I do agree that total organic growing is a whole different thing, this is going to be interesting. Good job at not letting the trolls and detractors undermine your efforts. Hang in there man... we'll be watching...

mgk
Well said Maynard.

I too would like to see the final difference between the two methods.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I just started a grow using these bottled "organic" nutes. For shits and giggles really.
I'm in this thread, till the end.
Great info !:thank you:

D

DGSIX

Thanks for the kind words reading along folks, new update on monday. Girls are blooming quite well.

-DG-

Latest posts

Latest posts