What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$200 DIY Greenhouse

Madjag

Veteran

Madjag

Veteran
And remember friends.......

picture.php

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
for those here concerned about 'stealth' and the crop being detectable by sight...
What is the plan for the smell?

i haven't grown weed in mine..., yet... ;)

but if i was going to i would strongly consider using a carbon filter in front of my exhaust...

i haven't grown weed in mine..., yet... ;)

but if i was going to i would strongly consider using a carbon filter in front of my exhaust...

Love the GH, good to see it working well for the garden. :)
I figure it would take a big filter...

Thanks for the great thread!

Azhden

"if you build it, they will come" (chichichichiCHAHCHAHCHAH sounds from the movie :ying:)

Wish I could build something like this, but the wind is too much for the plastic in my area... 30+ mph winds (almost daily), with "Gusts" up to 90+! I love being in a medical state, but wish we had less wind and more rain :tiphat: .

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks fellas. the greenhouse has been a good success.

i also just purchased another 330 gallon water tank, so i will now have a total of 660 gallons of rainwater for the garden and my indoor hydro.

check the rain water collection link in my sig if your interested...

GP73LPC

Veteran

From their website:
"Our clear 11 mils woven poly is made especially for greenhouse use and for other uses where high light transmission is important."

They didn't mention the percent of light tramission anywhere that I could see which is odd. Call them and pin them down.

some how i missed this post...

thanks !!! :thank you:

relief

I agree with the thread GP73LPC.I built one like this with 2x4's for the same price about 4 years ago and people told me it would be a waste of money and time. lol I used cheap walmart plastic. I would not recommend it, go with the 6 mil. It kept breaking in high winds.

10 1/2 foot white widow that produced over 3 lbs and dry buds as thick as my legs.

picture.php

Heres the Arjans Haze 1 that 6 weeks into flower that was 16 foot tall (bent over at a 45 degree angle LST). This plant produced almost 5 pounds!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

2 Legal Co

Veteran
GP ... I talked to a guy that runs a local GH (resale plants mostly), he said they use a 'wet wall' on all the GHs that they have (6 I think).

If your RH is low enough to use a swamp cooler, it should allow operation well into the 'hot' season. They also open the sides later in the season to lower the operating costs.

He has one that has the rigid panels similar to Solexx,,, but not. Said that that particular brand did not diffuse the sun sufficiently, so they use shade cloth stretched over the Outside of the GH. He said it not only diffuses the light, so the plants don't burn,,, but it actually helps with the 'heat gain' too.

I cut the one plant that I grew in my little shed this year.... finally. Cut her maybe a bit early, as the trikes were only slightly milky. Learned a bit from her though. I won't be trying to get an early finish next time, and I will install a window in the east wall for more light, as well. Only the roof was changed this year. It has the smoked single layer panels on it, but the walls are opaque all the way up (tin,,, lol).

I probably won't do a GH run this year, as the boss says she wants to travel this summer. Oh well, I'll just have to burn the lights indoor this winter.

Anyway good luck with your renovations/remodel... whatever you decide to do.

DjangoNugs

Hey thanks man! I'm gonna start on a little one tomorrow. But as for next year, anybody know the highest or widest you'd want to build one of these with PVC frames?

ChemDogLover

This is my build from a decade ago. Under a new username now. This greenhouse did pretty well. Ended up eventually replacing the plastic after a couple years, but overall is held up well.

No longer in service, but I am
Considering building another one for veggies and cannabis