What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Blue day 33 of 12/12

Jim Rockford

Veteran
My friend Angel is loving these two girls. Both are from clones, seeds were from BCGA, the strain is Big Blue (BB x NL).

These are at day 33, he said they vegged fast and had a very fast transition period. Both phenos showed a lot of hair and quit stretching by about day 21. They are steady budders in his opinion, such that they start to flower early, and just kind of keep chugging along at a steady pace, compared to smoe strains that go big in the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Can't wait to sample them!!!!

Jim Rockford

Veteran
sirharrynugz,

these two are under a 1000 W hps with a hortilux bulb and super sun reflector. The room is fairly small (20 sq ft) with mylar walls, so the light intensity is high. I'll post some cured up pics soon.

Jim Rockford

Veteran
Rembered the pics, forgot the update:

Things are looking good at day 49. The sativa pheno is still sitting a week or so out, but the shorter NL one is about ready. The trichome pics are from that one. The smaller one was the most nute sensitive thing I've ever grown, but still budded nicely enough. The taller one is the more unique plant. It's been taking on a full range for color from yellow to purple, and reeks of berries.

KingRalph

very cool tower of trichs n plant man

6758bigblue_day_49_08.jpg

G

Those are two beautyful plants bro. Looks like you got them finishing up right, best of luck.

natefrog

great job.................i always be wonderin' bout those vancouver seed companies that have so much advertising in the mags..........looks like solid genetics...........nf

Jim Rockford

Veteran
day 55

day 55

The other one came down today! :woohoo:

In comparison this one has a lot more berry smell and berry after taste than the other, which is more skunky. Both are very tasty, and this second one is more suited for the methods if growing I used. I think my friend has had better luck with the other pheno in a sea of green. He just grows natural style single cola plants and has done well with crops of 20 to 40 plants. Pretty much roots them, veges them to about 6 inches and throws them into flowering. This is good indoor plant, and I'd speculate it would do alright in the northern outdoors. It goes into flowering very quickly and easily. I know the one of three phenos was lost when the mom went into flowering despite a 24 hour light cycle after 5 months of giving up babies.

I'll have a final smoke report, but what I cut off 3 days ago tasted very smooth and sweet. Was very happy with the flavor. It beats the shit out of the keefed weed I bought recently!

Last edited: